Poly or cloth backed briefs/diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer plastic backed all the way.

I definitely prefer poly-backed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plastic backed

Definitely plastic backed

I definitely prefer plastic/poly, but I love the velcro tabs on cloth. Thats why I like Bambono Ultrastrech.

As expected, most people here much prefer plastic-backed as do I, for most of the above reasons - sag, wicking etc. Also because plastic is way better for messes - the support and security feel better when you need to strain at something, and there's less chance of messy leaks with a decent plastic nappy that stays in shape around the legs even with a bulky load in the seat.

It would be interesting to know whether preferences vary between different user groups, e.g. those who wear for pleasure, convenience, occasionally vs. 24/7 etc. When cloth-style was new, manufacturers promoted it as offering superior comfort for users, both in the baby and adult markets. For a while it seemed that plastic would only survive for aesthetic reasons in the ABDL arena, but manufacturers such as Molicare and Tena re-introduced high-performance plastic options, so presumably mainstream users prefer it too. Logically that might mean that many children would prefer plastic-backed nappies if only people asked their opinion and gave them the choice.

Paxe said:
As expected, most people here much prefer plastic-backed as do I, for most of the above reasons - sag, wicking etc. Also because plastic is way better for messes - the support and security feel better when you need to strain at something, and there's less chance of messy leaks with a decent plastic nappy that stays in shape around the legs even with a bulky load in the seat.

It would be interesting to know whether preferences vary between different user groups, e.g. those who wear for pleasure, convenience, occasionally vs. 24/7 etc. When cloth-style was new, manufacturers promoted it as offering superior comfort for users, both in the baby and adult markets. For a while it seemed that plastic would only survive for aesthetic reasons in the ABDL arena, but manufacturers such as Molicare and Tena re-introduced high-performance plastic options, so presumably mainstream users prefer it too. Logically that might mean that many children would prefer plastic-backed nappies if only people asked their opinion and gave them the choice.

I see their introduction for babies as a solution in search of a problem. Babies don't require discretion. Function is more important and the smooth plastic backed ones still work better. Comfort is mostly a matter of getting changed when wet or messy. Perhaps there's a small benefit in hot climates but babies can wear nothing but diapers just fine.

Clothlike covers seem to me like they should be sort of a niche within the diaper market. They are good for pull-ups and situations where discretion is paramount. I suspect if innovation in a tight market wasn't required even if the innovation is meaningless or detrimental, we wouldn't be awash in clothlike covers now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back