Under-Active Bladder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozziebee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I went and had a flow test done today. Drank about 1.25L of water, expelled about 350ml into the special toilet, and after an ultrasound, retained about 30mL.

The graph showed a slow flow, with lots of hills/valleys, and a long tail (post void dribble).

Between the scan and a chat to the Dr, i had to go wee another two times.

Dr said I had a slow flow, about a 9.8, which is what i'd been complaining about, so suggesting I have UAB.

At my exam under GA in November last year, I had dilation up to 12FR cath, though they could get the adult 22FR camera up my urethra.

Because I am voiding, it doesn't look like I have obstructed voiding, lest we'd see that in the flow test.

Dr did talk about InterStim. Also wants me now to do the urodynamic study too.

What does a UAB mean then?

It means your bladder isn't contracting as much as it normally should when you pee. Kind of like how a baloon pushes the air out of it. Since there is less force pushing the pee out, it just comes out slowly and with the post dribbling.

A urodynamics test will give them better results. It's uncomfortable at best, and guaranteed embarrassing, but necessary.

I'd also do some serious homework on interstim. They have an, at best, 40% success rate. AND the device is more geared for calming an over active bladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back