Diapers on trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlboylife

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
In a few months I will be flying out to see my biological father. I haven't see him in 15+ years and we have a rough but building relationship. I'll be staying with my grandma during the few days. So I'm thinking about if I should take diapers with me or not. For the plane and at night for stress relief. Any insight would be great. Thanks.

I don't see why not. Diapers are something you need, so why would you deprive yourself of that just because you go somewhere else for a few days.

Of course, it sounds like your not very close to you grandma or dad, so there's no need to say anything to either of them. Just stay discreete with them, but at the same time be preparred should one of them ask about them.

Of course you should just be aware diapees take up lots of luggage space!

Why not it’s that one time you can wear in public and 99% sure you won’t know anybody. So who cares if anyone notices. There is that crave to wear out in the open we all want. ( clothes over them of course) Look at as those days on trips where you say “ I won’t see anyone I know so who cares. The humiliation factor some crave... I say wear on the flight!!!

I'd say bring them to relieve stress for sure, as long as you are certain you can keep them discreet enough to where no one else would find them. I doubt anyone would be digging through your stuff though, so it sounds pretty safe.
As for wearing on the plane, I've heard it can be difficult getting through security with one on already, so you may want to try finding a way to put one on before boarding, but after the security check.
Either way, I hope you have a good and safe trip! I wish you the best of luck seeing your father again!

RompingBulbasaur said:
I'd say bring them to relieve stress for sure, as long as you are certain you can keep them discreet enough to where no one else would find them. I doubt anyone would be digging through your stuff though, so it sounds pretty safe.
As for wearing on the plane, I've heard it can be difficult getting through security with one on already, so you may want to try finding a way to put one on before boarding, but after the security check.
Either way, I hope you have a good and safe trip! I wish you the best of luck seeing your father again!

Where have you heard that? I've been through TSA way more times than I care for. Each time I'm diapered (being incontinent and all), and not once have I had a hard time. Heck, I've been through that "nude-o-scope" in an absolutely soaked diaper (was running late, didn't have the time to change first). Sure I got an extra quick pat down, but not a word was said even then and I was on my way in under a minute.

The only time the TSA will give you a hard time about your diapers is when you are acting paranoid about them. They pick up on the nervousness, and that's what triggers the problems. Not the diaper itself.

Slomo said:
Where have you heard that? I've been through TSA way more times than I care for. Each time I'm diapered (being incontinent and all), and not once have I had a hard time. Heck, I've been through that "nude-o-scope" in an absolutely soaked diaper (was running late, didn't have the time to change first). Sure I got an extra quick pat down, but not a word was said even then and I was on my way in under a minute.

The only time the TSA will give you a hard time about your diapers is when you are acting paranoid about them. They pick up on the nervousness, and that's what triggers the problems. Not the diaper itself.

Oh, I guess I was mistaken then. I guess the extra pat down could still be concerning to some, but that's good to hear they're not as big of a problem as I thought.

I usually make sure my diaper is clean before going through security, but I've not had any problems in 20 years of flying in diapers. The closest I came was that they wanted to be sure that the container of powder I had was powder and not some undisclosed liquid.

yes powders can cause all kinds of excitment with carryon. once i put my metamucil in my backpack in an unlabeled container. they pulled it because it was so dense. when they asked me what it was; so I told them in a loud voice. it embarassed them. and they they let me go. definately carrying on both diapers and powder is asking for a search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back