Changing tables and mats

Status
Not open for further replies.

browne

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I working in making my own changing table as I have my own place now to my self at last the builders finished :)

Looking for ideas and places to get supply’s ?

Are you going to make the whole thing from scratch?

Having a changing table is a wonderful option, of course having a changing mat is nice too, that's what my Mommy uses when it's time for me to be changed.

I have to second Tyger here, will you be building the furniture or are you looking for a place with ready made furniture that you can order?

If you want to whip something up, I've heard of many AB's getting a lot of mileage out of standard dressers with a wide surface area, something similar or like the one via this link:

https://www.cb2.com/odessa-low-white-gloss-dresser/s250926

When you have the dresser, you then get a small padded mattress or a changing pad and adhere it to the surface, the drawers become the storage area for your diapers and other changing supplies. I think this is the method I'll likely try out when I have a place that's a bit larger.

I also had an AB friend who owned a treatment table, like what you find in a doctor's office and he used that as his changing table:

http://www.pluschairs.com/treatmenttable5.htm

Finding an adult changing mat for purchase is simple enough, just search eBay and you'll find some. Adult Changing tables that are made and ready for purchase are quite hard to come by. I know Baby Apparels make a ton of Adult Baby furniture, I don't know how reliable they are with regards to shipping or how good the product is, but buying from them is no more or less expensive than trying to customize a dresser or buying a patient table. So, if price isn't a concern, this might be the cheapest and easiest route to go:

http://www.babyapparels.com/Adult_Changing_Table.html

Of course, you could just settle for a nice Adult changing mat too, I still feel babyish when being changed on one, they're a lot cheaper and they take up less nursery space.

In any event, I hope you enjoy your new place and I hope that you are able to find or produce what you are looking for :)

Thanks for the ideas will be scratch building as built a railway layout in my loft so should be ok to scratch build and if things go well. I may make some for our community :)

browne said:
Thanks for the ideas will be scratch building as built a railway layout in my loft so should be ok to scratch build and if things go well. I may make some for our community :)

Sounds good, you must be handy with all manner of tools, that's a good skill to have if you are an AB, you can make your own furniture if you have the time :)

I think it would be wonderful of you to share those skills with the community. I hope that the building of your change table goes smoothly.

Just a quick update changing table made complete with large lower storage planing on addding some draws next and adding some photos of it on here

all I need now is a mat for the top and we good to go a baby size one looks tiny on he 6x2 foot table :)

browne said:
Just a quick update changing table made complete with large lower storage planing on addding some draws next and adding some photos of it on here

all I need now is a mat for the top and we good to go a baby size one looks tiny on he 6x2 foot table :)

Try a roll up stretching mat. They are about the same size. They are comfortable and easy to clean off. If it is not babyish enough, someone can always make a removeable cover for it.

Hewwoz! Today me and my (tiger)bigbwo went to the local foam shop to look around some things and I´m strongly considering to getting one adult sized changing mat from there Hopefully! :3 I guess they have made one before so why not? :sweatdrop: They have also lots of other cool stuff in their store! :3photo_2018-04-07_14-23-52.jpgphoto_2018-04-07_14-23-55.jpgphoto_2018-04-07_14-23-59.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back