Low priced playpen and crib.

Status
Not open for further replies.

franz

Est. Contributor
I rely on ssi for all my expenses. I am wanting to know if anyone knows any good cribs or playpens that could hold me. I'm 5.7 and about 180lbs. I am legally blind so building from scratch would be out of the question. Also coloring, if I have a choice it's pink, purple, or baby colors in general. Bright colors.

Is there any possibility of having someone else build something for you? Unfortunately, building something yourself is by far the cheapest option.

While I wouldn't be against someone else building it for me. No one I know knows I'm a little, and don't plan on telling them. I love alone and no one comes over so I'm good on that front. Which means I'd have to hire someone, if it wasn't $1k plus I'd gladly do it but right now my max budget is $500. Unless payments are accepted.

Hi, thought I should chime in here, since I build the Babica PlayCrib, which is actually both a playpen or a crib, depending on how you build it.

http://ungulate11.wixsite.com/babicka

Your situation is exactly what I wanted to address when I started building 6 years ago-- I wanted to build a $500 crib, for littles who don't have 3 or 4k lying around.

I also wanted something that could be hidden, because we can't all make the commitment of having a full time nursery, and a healthy balanced lifestyle is just as good for the rest of us. I just timed myself setting up and dismantling this yesterday, and it was 15 min to set up, 5 mins to take down. Only a hex key is needed.

The challenge with ABDL furniture is in the shipping. The PlayCrib currently sells for $1000 USD with free shipping to anywhere in North America. Shipping can range from $350 to $450, so I sometimes take a hit, but it balances out.

$500 is actually an ok price for me to sell to a local, though $600 would be more realistic.

So yes, if you want a $500 PlayCrib, I can do that(It would be sanded smooth but you would have to paint it), but how do we get it to you?

If you could save up the shipping cost, that could be a goal.

- - - Updated - - -

I should mention, for those within driving range, I am in Victoria, BC, Canada, and the same deal would apply to anyone who can actually pick up the crib, Crib for $500, painted for $600 USD. 😊

Ungulate said:
Hi, thought I should chime in here, since I build the Babica PlayCrib, which is actually both a playpen or a crib, depending on how you build it.

Your situation is exactly what I wanted to address when I started building 6 years ago-- I wanted to build a $500 crib, for littles who don't have 3 or 4k lying around.

I also wanted something that could be hidden, because we can't all make the commitment of having a full time nursery, and a healthy balanced lifestyle is just as good for the rest of us. I just timed myself setting up and dismantling this yesterday, and it was 15 min to set up, 5 mins to take down. Only a hex key is needed.

The challenge with ABDL furniture is in the shipping. The PlayCrib currently sells for $1000 USD with free shipping to anywhere in North America. Shipping can range from $350 to $450, so I sometimes take a hit, but it balances out.

$500 is actually an ok price for me to sell to a local, though $600 would be more realistic.

So yes, if you want a $500 PlayCrib, I can do that(It would be sanded smooth but you would have to paint it), but how do we get it to you?

- - - Updated - - -

I should mention, for those within driving range, I am in Victoria, BC, Canada, and the same deal would apply to anyone who can actually pick up the crib, Crib for $500, painted for $600 USD. ��

This is intriguing. I might actually take you up on this offer when I move into my new place in September.

Ungulate said:

- - - Updated - - -

I should mention, for those within driving range, I am in Victoria, BC, Canada, and the same deal would apply to anyone who can actually pick up the crib, Crib for $500, painted for $600 USD. [emoji4]
That's actually a really good price. But the shipping alone is one month of my paycheck :(

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes, the shipping is the big issue. I have this dream of building 20 of them and driving to a convention so I could sell them without shipping, but I'm afraid it is a bit of a pipe dream. If I get closer to that goal, I'll be sure to let you all know.😊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back