Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Hi guys,

I have this recurring problem with onesies. My favorite is the XPMedical 4care (fits very snugly and really supports a full diaper), but when I get maybe half full, I tend to leak at the bottom of the legs (lowest part in the crotch). Even though I try to make very sure the cloth part of the onesie is on the outside of the plastic, it seems to wick the moisture out of the diaper and make the bottom of the onesie wet. If I take the onesie off, I can continue to wet for a bit longer without leaking (of course, I then get sagging with no onesie).

Of course I can use plastic pants to solve the problem, but I'd prefer just a diaper and onesie.

Diapers I've tried this with are Magnifico, previous gen Tykables overnights, current gen Tykables overnights and 24/7s.

Any suggestions?

You have to allow for a bit of an air gap or loose fit between your body and your diaper where the padding is, so the urine can flow freely back past the saturated padding to where there's dry padding farther back or down. This is especially true for high-sap diapers that benefit from a high capacity but will have very poor wicking as a result.

This is also why you'll be advised to fold a "V" "channel" down the center line of your diaper before taping it on, so urine can quickly flow through that channel and reduce the changes of a leak, especially in the event of a flood.

So naturally you don't want your onesie to compress you diaper and press it against your body. That's probably your problem. It may boil down to getting a larger onesie. Wearing a lower SAP diaper might also give you some relief. I would have expected the 247's to have performed better than the Magnifoco or Tykables, and if you like bambino consider their models that have less sap like the Teddy/Bianco/Classico.

(wearing pants also causes a similar problem because the crotch seam between the legs lifts up the channel in the middle and changes the V into a W, drastically lowering the effectiveness of the channel)

I was thinking the same thing. A diaper needs some expansion room for it to swell, or you will get premature leaks. It really sounds like you need a onesie with a little more room to it.

Of bigger interest, you really shouldn't be getting too much diaper sag even without a onesie. Not unless that diaper is really saturated or you've had it on for 8+ hours. I would practive on your taping technique to see if you can get a better fit.

I have been making the V shape, but what you're saying makes a lot of sense, thanks! I'll try your suggestions.

I wear the same brand onesies, they are tighter that others but I like the fit, what I do is wear it buttoned up, if I feel my diaper getting real wet I’ll just in button the onesie and let the diaper sag. These onesies offer great descreetness becuae it’s like wearing an undershirt that covers your diaper area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back