Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
I'm curious if there would be any actual interest in something like this. Now I'm not talking about something like Rearz or any other "premium" diaper. I mean an ultra thick diaper. Something that would be roughly 3 - 6 inches, maybe more "unused."

I've seen listing on ebay and the like every now and again for custom diapers people make with multiple boosters or other diaper cores retrofitted on top of the other one. And yes there is always double or even triple diapering. What I'm curious about would be if there were an ultra thick diaper produced that is like that in its natural state. How many of us would be interested in it.

It would be a novelty sort of thing but let's face it most abdl stuff is. I doubt any of the manufacturers would take on such an endeavor though...it would be expensive. I would imagine each diaper per unit running into the $6.00+ range. But even as a "luxury/novelty" thing I'd still like to see it happen. Even if it was only a limited run.

Venesha said:
I'm curious if there would be any actual interest in something like this. Now I'm not talking about something like Rearz or any other "premium" diaper. I mean an ultra thick diaper. Something that would be roughly 3 - 6 inches, maybe more "unused."

I've seen listing on ebay and the like every now and again for custom diapers people make with multiple boosters or other diaper cores retrofitted on top of the other one. And yes there is always double or even triple diapering. What I'm curious about would be if there were an ultra thick diaper produced that is like that in its natural state. How many of us would be interested in it.

It would be a novelty sort of thing but let's face it most abdl stuff is. I doubt any of the manufacturers would take on such an endeavor though...it would be expensive. I would imagine each diaper per unit running into the $6.00+ range. But even as a "luxury/novelty" thing I'd still like to see it happen. Even if it was only a limited run.

Expense would probably kill off any interest. And adding that much unusable padding is probably too much of a waste anyways.

Though you might be onto something if it was more in between a reusable diaper cover and spreader pants.

why not just double or triple up?

I've read several manufacturers in the past discuss how much of a challenge it was to get their diapers as thick as they were. I don't fully understand what the challenge is, but it probably has something to do with trying to use a roller die to cut through thick padding.

Beyond a certain point they're going to have to start cutting two sets of padding and stacking them. I don't think any of the diaper manufacturing machines can be configured to do that.

The only specific thing I can remember is one of them discussing their new "double-drum technology"

I'd imagine at that point it would also start becoming a challenge to make the top sheet (the covering layer that goes between you and the padding) stay attached to the shell when the padding swells up. I already experience problems with some diapers where the top sheet separates from the shell in the crotch when they get really wet.

I'm looking forward to trying ABU's new PeekABU diapers, they're claiming to be the thickest in the business.

You say that you aren't talking about Rearz, but have you ever worn two Safari at once? That alone is ridiculous thickness right there! You can even triple up if it's still not thick enough you for.

Many of the AB diapers are so thick and so absorbent that you don’t usually need to add another diaper or use a booster pad.

Layering cloth diapers seems to me like the best approach for this. If you get big enough barrier pants, they're even functional to a much higher degree than layered disposables would be.

Layering or boosting the disposables only makes sense if you are wearing a disposable diaper that doesn’t hold well or leaks if you pee more than once.

As I mentioned I am aware of double diapering and yes I have tried Rearz. They're currently one of my favorite brands. I've had some "waddle" spreading pants and the like and theyre ok. I tend to wear casually and don't ever really wet or mess so absorbency isn't really an issue for me. I was just curious about the novelty of it. Just seeing a diaper folded up in your stash that's as thick as 3 or 4 others stacked beside it would make me giggle uncontrollably.

I'm sure there would be plenty of manufacturing hurdles. I know there's ways to go about doing it on your own with cloth stuffers and multiple layers. I just think it would be cool to be able to buy a pack of crazy thick diapers just for the novelty of it. They're entire purpose being just ludicrously thick as a gimmick.

I love a diaper that thick. Maybe that only holds 4 or 5 wetting but is huge would be really fun.

That would be pretty awesome to have something like that. The high price making it a once in a while luxury/Special occasion kind of diaper might make the fewer times you wear more special.

And I know some people are just going to say double, triple, etc. up. But whenever I do that it just gets too dense and packed to be comfortable.

Honestly, I'd shell out some extra money for some properly manufactured "Mega Extra Thick" diapers.
Hopefully I get to see the day someone manufactures padding, like in my profile pic, just stupidly thick comfy cushy pillow poof with maybe some serious swell factor :p

I would definitely like something like that.

I'm totally with you guys. I think a pure 'play' diaper that wasn't very absorbent, but was crazy thick, would be a hit with a sufficient amount of ABDLs. I don't wet/mess either, so it would be perfect for me too.

If anybody remembers the Pampers that were made in the mid 1980's that came in a box, those were extremely thick. So today's ABDL diapers would be proportionally extremely thin in comparison, because a medium sized Pampers was at least as thick as one of those. Actually, there were a lot thicker. Only 18 of them could fit into a fairly large box.

Honeywell6180 said:
If anybody remembers the Pampers that were made in the mid 1980's that came in a box, those were extremely thick. So today's ABDL diapers would be proportionally extremely thin in comparison, because a medium sized Pampers was at least as thick as one of those. Actually, there were a lot thicker. Only 18 of them could fit into a fairly large box.

Sounds like in the era before the invention of SAP...

bambinod said:
Sounds like in the era before the invention of SAP...

Yes, I believe so. But also, one of the reasons they started making them thinner, is that these old versions were said to have impeded mobility considerably, as well as causing some muscle development issues. I'm not exactly sure how true that was, though.

Honeywell6180 said:
Yes, I believe so. But also, one of the reasons they started making them thinner, is that these old versions were said to have impeded mobility considerably, as well as causing some muscle development issues. I'm not exactly sure how true that was, though.

Yes, it was. I recall babies developing bow legged hips like a cowboy. It's still a common problem among cloth diapers too.

If they sold half as many, but double the thickness... Money would be NO object lol

Travis9800 said:
If they sold half as many, but double the thickness... Money would be NO object lol

Not true. Double the thickness wouldn't mean double the plastic shell, or tapes, or liner, etc. Many materials and processes would be cut by half, with no replacable gain.

Manufacturers wouldn't make as much money. Not just by their being unable to charge for as much materials and labor, but they would be selling fewer diapers overall, which would directly equate to fewer profits.

Haven't you noticed most every consumer item is made more cheaply than they used to be? Well, the cheaper you make something, or otherwise make it last not as long, then you sell more. More sales mean bigger profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back