Unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeymajor

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Had my last follow up with doc and he still has no clue on my leakage problem our best guess is my dam diabetes and neuropathy sceewd my nerves up even tho my savage gb is 150ish. And I'm only 27 I guess I have to just deal with it and having to wear diapers I do prefer useibf cloth as they feel better. I don't no if any of u have similar problems my leakage is kind of a constant small dribble never a full drainage I can still hold and empty just fine it's just like every once in. Wieal my body just lets a little bit out just enuf to keep j wet any thoughts

Joeymajor, we are many people on this forum to have a similar situation as you. I have time to tine urges but most of it are dribbles on a near permanent basis. Did you see a doctor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that all he can do

My incontinence is caused by diabetic neuropathy. I drip and dribble all the time during the day and wet the bed every night.

I seem fine at night

I don't no if any of u have similar problems my leakage is kind of a constant small dribble never a full drainage I can still hold and empty just fine it's just like every once in. Wieal my body just lets a little bit out just enuf to keep j wet any thoughts

Im sorry about youre problems dear it sounds allot like my Moderate (and the rest is down in my Sig ) & a ST 50 says i would think that the casue might very well be from youre diabetes as well as messed up nerves but thats of course for the docs to diagnose

I seem fine at night

I would sadly have to say SO far dear so i would strongly suggest you stay protected also at night and also try to be mentaly prepared for possible progression in youre problems im afraid , However as have been stated in other threads in here the problems are never the same for everyone it may be simular but never the same as the problems are in difrent stages of progression on al of us and also comes from diferent reasons

Hi Joey

Unfortunately some times urologists can not figure out the cause of our IC issues even with a battery of tests and exams all they can do is rule out life threatening causes. As Missy1 has said you may need to prepair for a life in diapers incontinence for the most part grows worse over time for several reasons one your medical issue progresses and wearing 24/7 to deal with the medical issue can and will speed up your loss of control its a double edge sword as you need diapers to keep your pants dry but they also speed up your loss of control.

Incontinence can hit any any age all we can do is offer support and advice on how to deal with incontinence issues and relate to having to wear and use diapers, its not the end of the world having to wear diapers you just have to adapt.
keep seeing your doctor and urologist and dont stress if diapers are in your life you are not alone in having to wear and use diapers for a medical issue

Rob110 said:
Hi Joey

Unfortunately some times urologists can not figure out the cause of our IC issues even with a battery of tests and exams all they can do is rule out life threatening causes. As Missy1 has said you may need to prepair for a life in diapers incontinence for the most part grows worse over time for several reasons one your medical issue progresses and wearing 24/7 to deal with the medical issue can and will speed up your loss of control its a double edge sword as you need diapers to keep your pants dry but they also speed up your loss of control.

Incontinence can hit any any age all we can do is offer support and advice on how to deal with incontinence issues and relate to having to wear and use diapers, its not the end of the world having to wear diapers you just have to adapt.
keep seeing your doctor and urologist and dont stress if diapers are in your life you are not alone in having to wear and use diapers for a medical issue

My urologist said in his opinion my incontinence was caused by diabetic neuropathy and refered me back to my own doctor who in turn refered me to the continence nurse for practical help in managing my problem. The continence nurse told me often no one can pin point the exact cause of incontinence. She also said in her experience it can just be physiological reasons but whatever i does affect people of all ages and I shouldn't feel ashamed about it. Six years on and to be honest I just don't care any more. I wear nappies and get on with life My incontinence has never stopped me doing anything I want to do. I have just had to adapt and make a few changes in my life to accommodate it. Incontinence managed properly is not a big deal.

Totally second ST50. I became seriously incontinent overnight due to neurological problems coming from birth. Wearing 24/7 since nearly one year. Nobody around me noticed and doesn’t bother me and impact me. The only change is having a backpack with me. I find it much better this way than having to every 30 minutes to the toilets as it was before. I am sure that whatever happens with you will adjust fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joey, My incontinence stems from an unexpected side effect of surgery when I was 14 years old. I’m 75 now; so I’ve been dealing with bladder-control issues for many years. Following the surgery, I bled excessively and developed an infection that almost killed me. I ended up spending 3 months in hospital for a procedure that should have required only 3 or 4 days of hospitalization. I’ve never been reliably dry at night since that time and have slept in night diapers ever since. After getting out of hospital, I also had to wear daytime diapers. But I was a fanatic about doing Kegel exercises and got to the point that I could generally go without a daytime diaper by the time I went away to university. Things went on like that (diapered at night but not usually during the day) until I was in my 40s, at which time I gradually lost my daytime control. At this point, I’ve been in diapers 24/7/365 for about 30 years. Needing to wear a diaper is a major nuisance, but I have managed to lead a resonably normal and successful professional and personal life. So hang in there. You too can be successful despite your incontinence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back