Thrust Vector Crinklz Advanced Diaper Review

Fruitkitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Crinklz is a printed ABDL version of German manufacturer Thrust Vector's Better Dry medical diaper, which in its second version was released in 2015 and for which upgrades to materials including tapes and leak guards were announced in mid-2016.

Thrust Vector originally produced the ComfiCare diaper, but in 2015 announced that they were moving production from China to Europe citing economic factors. As part of that process they discontinued their ComfiCare product and released an entirely new diaper under the name BetterDry. This was a massive design change that included removing the landing zone, changing the backsheet, and making the diaper simultaneously much thinner and more massive. Crinklz, which had a first version based on the old ComfiCare, had a new, second version released at the same time based on BetterDry.

In the last few months of 2017, Crinklz began large-scale distribution in the United States through NorthShore Care Supply which dramatically improved accessibility and affordability of this diaper. It was previously available in North America primarily through Rearz and some US resellers at substantially higher prices.

I am reviewing the medium size as purchased from northshorecare.com in January 2018. The medium is listed as fitting waists of 29"-43" and the large is listed as fitting waists of 43"-59".

Appearance, Size, and Features

The Thrust Vector Crinklz has a true all-over printed package that gives off a much greater aura of professionalism than any other printed ABDL diaper package I have yet seen. All sides of the package are printed differently. The front has an image of one of the characters from the print in a meadow with Crinklz logo and inset images of the diaper and sizing information. The two sides have different labeling information including a prominent "Made in the EU" logo and the company address, the back has a faded picnic scene with the print characters behind contact information in more than 3 dozen languages, and the top has some of the inset information from the front.

This printed package is, frankly, authentic in a way that other ABDL diaper packaging isn't. Real baby diaper packaging is typically printed on all sides and focuses on advertising to the parents buying it off the shelf alongside including all the various fine print. Printed packaging from other ABDL suppliers so far has tended to be an afterthought or full of oddities and mixed messaging which tends to signal their small business startup origins. Real world baby diaper packaging looks like it comes out of a corporate marketing department because it does. The Crinklz package looks professional, being essentially a modified version of the BetterDry packaging.

292-11-packfront.JPG

292-14-packback.JPG

292-12-packside.JPG

292-13-packside3.JPG

292-15-packtop.JPG

Views of Front, Back, Sides, and Top of Crinklz Packaging

Crinklz have an all-over print which has a semi-transparent off-white backsheet such that the visible white center in fact the visible underlying padding. In the center, it features 6 different animal characters playing at various activities drawn by prominent babyfur artist Marci McAdam, on a backdrop covered with many stars. Adjacent are two waves that run at the sides, which include a pale green with purple squiggle wave and a and thinner solid green wave with the Crinklz logo and size. The wings have a field of stars on white with larger stars lined up at to guide in taping the diaper.

The diaper has a wetness indicator in the center made up of the printed text of the name, size, and lot number of the diaper. The print, in general, is not very authentic; it's a rescaled and reworked use of same print used on the original Crinklz and it comes across as ham-fisted. The whole thing comes across to me exactly as a medical diaper with an odd print, because there's so much about this diaper that only exists on adult medical diapers.

The outer plastic has a thin, soft, and oily feel to it. It feels very similar to that of Abena M4.

292-1-FrontFolded.JPG

292-2-BackFolded.JPG

Front and Back of Folded Diaper, Respectively

To test their dry thickness, I stacked three diapers on top of each other, placed a heavy book on top of them, and measured their height. Together, the 3 diapers had a height of approximately 9.2 cm (3.6 in). Thus, the dry thickness of a single folded diaper is 3.1 cm (1.2 in). These diapers are remarkably thin and compressed to such a degree that 15 fit into an otherwise typically-sized pack.

292-3-stacked.JPG

3 Diapers Stacked

Crinklz uses a double-tape design with double-layer, "second-chance" tapes that measure 4.1 cm (1.6 in) wide each. There is no landing zone on this diaper. You can tape them anywhere on the backsheet, and due to the double-layer design, you can retape them once.

This is a useful feature, but it's also another thing that only otherwise exists on high-end medical adult diapers and which feels very out of place on an ABDL printed diaper.

292-4-tapes.JPG

The Tapes

The inside of the diaper is all-white and the padding is arranged in an hourglass shape. The padding feels soft and dense. The diaper has standing leak guards and features elastic waistbands in both and back.

292-5-outside.JPG

292-6-inside.JPG

Front and Back of Unfolded Diaper

With the diaper outstretched, it measures 76.8 cm (30.2 in) in length, 60.4 cm (23.8 in) in width at the wings, 29.1 cm (11.5 in) in width at the center, and 19.5 cm (7.7 in) in width between the leak guards.

292-7-length.JPG

292-8-widthwing.JPG

292-9-widthcenter.JPG

Performance and Fit

To test the capacity of this diaper quantitatively, I performed two tests.

First, I weighed a diaper and put it on. I then repeatedly dosed water into the front of it in 100 mL increments using a metered laboratory bottletop dispenser, followed by sitting down in a chair for 30 seconds each time to give the diaper a chance to absorb the liquid, then checking for leaks. When a leak occurred, I weighed the diaper again, and recorded the change in weight.

Over 3 replicates of this H2O capacity test, the Thrust Vector Crinklz averaged 3196 mL with a standard deviation of 293 mL. This is an extreme result, more than 600 mL greater than all other diapers that I have tested. Crinklz is a far outlier on this test.

During one trial of this test, I recorded qualitative information about the diaper as I added water to it. After 500 mL of water, there was a very clump-like expansion at the top of the diaper. At 1100 mL, the front was balloon-like and starting to feel wet. At 1400 mL, the front felt continuously wet. At 1800 mL, I started feeling wetness at my legs. At 2000 mL, the entire front of the diaper forward of the area being sat upon had expanded greatly. At 2300 mL, I started feeling constantly wet at one leg. At 2400 mL, I started noticing the upper tapes curling badly and at 2500 mL one of them popped. At 2600 mL, the region of the diaper underneath where I was sitting was noticeably expanding. At 2700 mL, I felt like I was sitting at the edge of a puddle. At 2900 mL, I felt like I was sitting in a puddle and the top tapes had were shifting position. At 3000 mL, I felt like I was sitting on the edge of a lump and could feel liquid at one leg. At 3100 mL, the second top tape popped, and I could feel moving liquid underneath me. At 3200 mL I could feel liquid at both legs and the diaper leaked.

I folded the diaper back up to compare its thickness to a dry diaper. It had expanded to roughly 13.6 cm (5.4 in), about 4.4x its original size. This too, is an extreme result.

292-10-heightfull.JPG

Dry Diaper Next to Full Diaper After Quantitative Test

I then performed a second test in which I made normal saline (0.9% NaCl in H2O), weighed a diaper and put it on, then used a metered laboratory bottletop dispenser to dose 160 mL saline every 5 minutes until it leaked, sitting down between increments. I weighed the diaper afterwards and divided the resulting change in grams by 1.0046 to account for the density of saline to determine the change in milliliters. 160 mL is approximately equivalent to half of an average adult urine void, and this increment is loosely representative of a "half-flood".

Over 3 replicates of this saline capacity test, the Thrust Vector Crinklz averaged 1561 mL with a standard deviation of 90 mL. Rounded to numbers of integer "half-flood" doses, the diaper averaged 9.7 "half-floods" with a standard deviation of 0.6 "half-floods". Yet again, this diaper broke the curve on my tests. It exists on a new tier more than 400 mL and 3 "half-floods" greater capacity than all diapers other than ABU PeekABU/Simple Ultra – which Crinklz topped by a narrow margin.

The average dry mass of this diaper, based on 6 replicates across both tests, was 210.2 g with a standard deviation of 3.3 g.

I weighed and put on a fresh diaper and wore it while going about ordinary activities. The diaper lasted a total of 9 hours before beginning to leak. During my test, I had about 8 wettings and 2 floods. I weighed the diaper afterwards and recorded a difference of roughly 8.6 half floods, slightly below but consistent with the extreme results in my testing.

With a 36" waist, I am in the middle of the size range for the medium Crinklz. I normally wear size medium in other diaper brands. This diaper seemed to fit my size well. Given the thinness of the backsheet and the outsized changes in size of the center, the diaper has a less rigid fit to it than other high-end diapers.

I had numerous issues with the tapes pulling as the diaper expanded; the "second chance" tapes do help with that because retaping once seems to be enough to get through the rest of the use of the diaper, but this is less ideal than just having tapes which work well the first time. It also feels really out of character for a baby diaper to ever expect the person wearing them to make adjustments.

Price and Final Thoughts

I bought a pack of these diapers for the purposes of a review from https://www.northshorecare.com/. They are available in 15-diaper single-packs for $25.99 and 60-diaper cases for $94.99 before shipping. When I put them in the cart and add shipping, the 15-diaper single pack is $34.94 and the 60-diaper case is $107.94.

At the case size, this works out to $1.80/diaper and based on my test results this diaper holds 5.4 "half-floods" per dollar. This price is below that of other top-end ABDL diapers and when combined with its curve-shattering capacity result means that Thrust Vector Crinklz breaks the curve on cost-efficiency too.

As of this writing, Crinklz the best ABDL diaper by performance, existing at the top of a tier it only even shares with one competitor, and it is the most cost-efficient ABDL where there's nothing even remotely close. This was not a result that I was expecting at all, and one that I fully expect will land with some shock in the ABDL community. This is not a diaper that gets a lot of attention, having been in existence for years but which priced expensively and available from only a handful of resellers in the US until very recently. Frankly, most conversations I'd had about Crinklz prior to this involved people lamenting the fact that they liked the first version better, and unopened packs of those seem to be a point of pride for those who've hoarded them.

Crinklz is by the metrics alone an overwhelming champion with the highest capacity sold at a price point that actually beats most ABDL options on the market today including most of its nearest competition. Furthermore, I'd say to any ABDL diaper manufacturer who is interested in having all-over packaging prints: take notes. This is another area where Crinklz is just doing it better than everyone else.

Crinklz is, however, generously an "imperfect champion" and ungenerously "a Frankenstein's Monster of a diaper". It has a print that is intended to be babyish but which lacks realism, and is then is further undermined by numerous features only ever seen on medical diapers like having a wetness indicator that is literally printed text that includes the lot number and a tape design exclusive to high-end medical adult diapers. Moreover, the tapes just aren't engineered for the extreme case this diaper presents for diaper tapes, and are very prone to curling, pulling, and popping, and the fact that are "second chance" tapes that can re-stuck is a half-remedy functionally and a further detriment to realism. It's a truly fantastic diaper functionally but it's completely nonsensical as an ABDL-specific diaper.

Given these trade-offs, I think as of this writing that the title of the best overall ABDL diaper remains hotly contested. I think though that is little question that Crinklz has earned the strongest recommendation I can give because they straight-up break the curve. They're the both the current highest-capacity ABDL diaper and (by a 28% margin) the most cost-efficient ABDL diaper that money can buy.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Woncrinklz, MegaLugia, chillipepperman and 14 others
That full diaper looks just absolutely ridiculous, I can't stop laughing.

Thanks a bunch for the work you've done. I'd be really interested in seeing where a Dry 24/7 falls among all the others, but I can definitely understand if you wouldn't want to run yet another test for quite a while :)

Reactions: LilxFawn
I was surprised too when I first tried it. It looks rather thin, yet the capacity is insane, possibly even higher than the new PeekABU. So far the best diaper I've tried, with unmatched capacity and rather comfortable fit. The only downside is that the tapes sometimes couldn't withstand the enormous capacity, and having no landing zone means you risk tearing a hole on the outer plastic when trying to readjust them.

It will simply not leak and it swells to a point you think it would explode! The print is a little bit too busy for me and I heard there is a change it will "stamp" on a blanket but I did not have that happen though. Because of the weight it gets saggy but it's one of the most absorbent ones out there and the price is really great.

I love these diapers. They hold a lot and I like how they wick like Molicare but they do not bunch up.

Reactions: Kirisin and Angelapinks
I really really love these! And really really hope the price doesn't suddenly spike..

At where these diapers are right now is fantastic and they'll very likely be the first case I'll ever order. Definately my go to AB diaper for absorbancy and price.

Reactions: Angelapinks and Dave59
I use the betterdry which is the same diaper, yet medical oriented.
I like this diaper because of the capacity, but my experience is, that the diaper is not so good in wicking wettness, which means that it swells up hugely in the front, but the back padding seldomly gets used.
With that said I'd still say this diaper beats basically all of the higher priced adult diapers.

Sendt fra min BTV-W09 med Tapatalk

Reactions: Angelapinks
Good grief, that is a huge increase in size and capacity. I'm impressed and will have to give them a try. Thanks.

I have used Crinklz for over six months. I love the print and colours. It’s somewhat thick compared to many diapers, which is a big plus since I wear at home only and think ”the thicker the better”. Tapes do pop sometimes, particularly after opening them a few times. I wear the diaper at night and in the afternoon and when I need to go to bathroom I go to toilet, using double tapes and taping them on the same blue places again. In the evening I really use the diaper. I guess I should try wetting it more than once, maybe in the afternoon and in the evening since it should not leak.
Definitely my favourite this far.

Reactions: Kirisin and Angelapinks
I can only add to the praise of the BetterDry/Crinklz. There is no better diaper on the market in regards of cost-efficiency and also being comfortable and secure to wear.
The only downside is the liquid distribution. It bulks in the front and kinda ignores the back. If they can fix that it is, hands down, the perfect product.

The Dry 24/7 is just way better in distribution but comes as a much higher price. Especially here in EU - on the plus side I get the BetterDry fairly cheap, 1€ per diaper. SO there is no second guess when it comes to affordable hyper-protection.
I even get lucky last year when an e-shop closed and where dashing out it´s stock at insanely low prices. I was too late for the BetterDrys, but stocked up hard on the Crinklz(I do not mind the AB/DL print since noone sees what I wear). 0,70€ was just too good to say no. I have enough for the next years, since I only use them on special occasions when I do want to have a prolonged changing cycle. :D

LifeInPlastic said:
I can only add to the praise of the BetterDry/Crinklz. There is no better diaper on the market in regards of cost-efficiency and also being comfortable and secure to wear.
The only downside is the liquid distribution. It bulks in the front and kinda ignores the back. If they can fix that it is, hands down, the perfect product.

The Dry 24/7 is just way better in distribution but comes as a much higher price. Especially here in EU - on the plus side I get the BetterDry fairly cheap, 1€ per diaper. SO there is no second guess when it comes to affordable hyper-protection.
I even get lucky last year when an e-shop closed and where dashing out it´s stock at insanely low prices. I was too late for the BetterDrys, but stocked up hard on the Crinklz(I do not mind the AB/DL print since noone sees what I wear). 0,70€ was just too good to say no. I have enough for the next years, since I only use them on special occasions when I do want to have a prolonged changing cycle. :D

FYI, once a Betterdry/Crinklz diaper becomes saturated in the front it absolutely will wick towards the back. I've completely soaked a couple of them from front to back before. Though that took wearing the same diaper for 24 hours- which I honestly do not recommend due to rashes/smell.

Slomo said:
FYI, once a Betterdry/Crinklz diaper becomes saturated in the front it absolutely will wick towards the back. I've completely soaked a couple of them from front to back before. Though that took wearing the same diaper for 24 hours- which I honestly do not recommend due to rashes/smell.

24 hours? o_O
With our without boosting it?

I do wear the Betterdry/Crinklz) from time to time(sleeping very long, extended ouddoor-activities or gaming marathons) but never managed to completely soak them before they start leaking. They leak once the "bulk" reaches the winged parts of the rear cushion. 1200ml is what is safe when sitting most of the time in my case, around 1500ml overnights and 1800ml if standing/walking. Since my floods are always around 300-500ml and I cannot stop them - these are my limits without boosters as I hate leaks and smelly diapers and have no interest in them to happen. I can estimate/feel it very good by know when I need to change and never give it a second thought. 8 hours with a normal liquid intake are no problem or sleeping for 12 hours.

I also managed to boost them beyond that(but not 24 hours, that would mean 4-6 Litres of urin). But like you said, it is not recommended for reasons of smell and skin health. But I usualy wear a diaper only for like 4 hours at daytime and gladly never had skin problems. :eek:

I just ordered some of these a few days ago. I hope that the tapes are reliable enough if you don't touch them after putting them on.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't find the "edit" button. I meant to say that I wanted to give them a try and if they don't work I'll stick with littlepawz

Turns out that these have really great absorbancy: Its noticeable more then littlepawz even when peeing while sitting down. Unfortunately, the tapes are completely unreliable and will fall out of position and/or pop before the diaper runs out of capacity.

Update:

I used duct tape to hold the tapes in place. Works like a charm ( :

Reactions: Liljaypup
Update 2:
After a single success with duct tape as stated above, I was eager to try again. I got another crinklez out and tried to put it on, and the top tapes popped before I could even tape on the bottom tapes, much less duct tape it all into place. I grabbed another one and tried again, and got the same result. Its too bad all that absorbancy has to go to waste because the tapes don't work.

- - - Updated - - -

edit: it might be because I'm wearing their large size and it doesn't fit me as easily as littlepawz. Clearly these work for other people as stated above.

Best diaper in my opinion hands down. Very comfortable and reliable. I have never had a problem with the tapes. Best advice I have for the tapes is hold or rub the tapes for a short time after applying them.

Have to second that - rubbing the tapes works like a charm. You really only get one chance to get it right, but the designs on the diaper make it easy to evenly tape after your first one. What a great value product... can you imagine if they ever make velcro tabs on these?

Reactions: Liljaypup
rtt said:
Have to second that - rubbing the tapes works like a charm. You really only get one chance to get it right, but the designs on the diaper make it easy to evenly tape after your first one. What a great value product... can you imagine if they ever make velcro tabs on these?

I recently purchased a bag of the Medium Aquanaut Crinklz diapers. These are a little small on me (but are slightly larger than a Northshore Medium). They have held up quite well so far and the tapes haven't popped on me yet but I too have a habit of rubbing the tapes to help ensure a good seal. Note: I have even been able to remove the tape and re-seal after rubbing as long as it was still over the blue tape.

-Ieyasu

Reactions: PaddedMI
Back