LittleForBig Little Trunks Advanced Diaper Review

Fruitkitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
The LittleForBig Little Trunks is one of three prints of a diaper released in 2017 by LittleForBig, a supplier of various ABDL products with a particular aim at the DDlg community. In addition to the Little Trunks print, two gendered prints, Nursery Blue and Nursery Pink, are also available.

I am reviewing the medium size as purchased in January 2018. The medium is listed as fitting waists of 28"-38" and the large is listed as fitting waists of 36"-46".

Appearance, Size, and Features

The LittleForBig Little Trunks has printed packaging all-around, with clear transparent plastic on the top half of the package and solid colored plastic on the bottom which only partially obscures visibility of the diapers. It's an elegant and professional print with elephants, baby blocks spelling out LFB, and social media symbols on the side.

290-11-packfront.JPG

290-12-packside.JPG

The LittleForBig Little Trunks has an all over print with pink and blue elephants in the center surrounded by dots forming a diamond box pattern around them, bright yellow lines adjacent to the center, and a blue with white polka dot pattern on the wings and sides. It's generically babyish, and conceivable that it could be on an actual generic off-brand baby diaper, but it doesn't remind me of any print I've ever actually seen one personally.

The outer plastic has a paper thin, wrinkled but smooth feel to it.

290-1-FrontFolded.JPG

290-2-BackFolded.JPG

Front and Back of Folded Diaper, Respectively

To test their dry thickness, I stacked three diapers on top of each other, placed a heavy book on top of them, and measured their height. Together, the 3 diapers had a height of approximately 11.1 cm (4.4 in). Thus, the dry thickness of a single folded diaper is 3.7 cm (1.5 in).

290-3-stacked.JPG

3 Diapers Stacked

The LittleForBig Little Trunks uses a double-tape design with tapes that measure 3.4 cm (1.3 in) wide each.

290-4-tapes.JPG

The Tapes

The inside of the diaper is white with a rectangular blue zone that is somewhat offset towards the front of the diaper. The padding is arranged in an hourglass shape and feels soft and cottony. The diaper has standing leak guards and features elastic waistbands in both front and back.

290-5-outside.JPG

290-6-inside.JPG

Front and Back of Unfolded Diaper

With the diaper outstretched, it measures 70.5 cm (27.8 in) in length, 63.2 cm (24.9 in) in width at the wings, 29.5 cm (11.6 in) in width at the center, and 19.5 cm (7.7 in) in width between the leak guards.

290-7-length.JPG

290-8-widthwing.JPG

290-9-widthcenter.JPG

Performance and Fit

To test the capacity of this diaper quantitatively, I performed two tests.

First, I weighed a diaper and put it on. I then repeatedly dosed water into the front of it in 100 mL increments using a metered laboratory bottletop dispenser, followed by sitting down in a chair for 30 seconds each time to give the diaper a chance to absorb the liquid, then checking for leaks. When a leak occurred, I weighed the diaper again, and recorded the change in weight.

Over 3 replicates of this H2O capacity test, the LittleForBig Little Trunks averaged 1701 mL with a standard deviation of 266 mL.

During one trial of this test, I recorded qualitative information about the diaper as I added water to it. After 600 mL of water, the front of the diaper felt constantly wet. At 900 mL, it felt like I was sitting in the edge of a puddle. At 1200 mL, I felt like I was sitting in a puddle. At 1400 mL, I felt like I was sitting in a pond. At 1500 mL, I could feel liquid moving underneath me near one leg. At 1700 mL, I could feel liquid moving underneath me near both legs. At 1800 mL, the diaper leaked.

I folded the diaper back up to compare its thickness to a dry diaper. It had expanded to roughly 9.3 cm (3.7 in), about 2.5x its original size. The tapes did not move during this test.

290-10-heightfull.JPG

Dry Diaper Next to Full Diaper After Quantitative Test

I then performed a second test in which I made normal saline (0.9% NaCl in H2O), weighed a diaper and put it on, then used a metered laboratory bottletop dispenser to dose 160 mL saline every 5 minutes until it leaked, sitting down between increments. I weighed the diaper afterwards and divided the resulting change in grams by 1.0046 to account for the density of saline to determine the change in milliliters. 160 mL is approximately equivalent to half of an average adult urine void, and this increment is loosely representative of a "half-flood".

Over 3 replicates of this saline capacity test, the LittleForBig Little Trunks averaged 808 mL with a standard deviation of 168 mL. Rounded to numbers of integer "half-flood" doses, the diaper averaged 5.0 "half-floods" with a standard deviation of 1.0 "half-floods".

The average dry mass of this diaper, based on 6 replicates across both tests, was 179.2 g with a standard deviation of 1.8 g.

I weighed and put on a fresh diaper and wore it while going about ordinary activities. The diaper lasted a total of 6 hours before beginning to leak. During my test, I had 4 major wettings, and I recorded a change in mass of roughly 5.7 "half floods", consistent and towards the high end of the range of saline test results.

With a 36" waist, I am towards the high end of the listed size range for the medium LittleForBig Little Trunks. I normally wear size medium in other diaper brands. This diaper seemed to fit my size well.

The materials used in this diaper seem a bit thin and cheap, and the transparent landing zone panel was prone to peeling at the edges.

Price and Final Thoughts

I bought a pack of these diapers for the purposes of a review from Amazon because they were not in stock on the LittleForBig webpage at the time, but they are normally available at www.littleforbig.com/. They are only available in single packs of 10 diapers for $34.99, which includes shipping.

At the 10-diaper single pack size, this works out to $3.50/diaper and based on my test results this diaper holds 1.4 "half-floods" per dollar. This price is very high and the diaper very inefficient at this price point relative to the competition. The underlying diaper is mediocre in capacity and the high price due to availability in single packs is crushing.

The print is fairly unique and the diaper is functional, but the LittleForBig Little Trunks is otherwise unremarkable and expensive for what it is. If the print is appealing to you, I suppose that there's no glaring reason to recommend against this diaper beyond the large price premium. Ultimately, while I am glad to see yet another ABDL company attempt to make a diaper, this diaper feels like it's still a work in progress, needing further improvements and scale to allow bulk sale at a more attractive price point before it can be competitive.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jojo54, littledreamers333, MegaLugia and 3 others
Reactions: Angelapinks
BabyDenise said:
Good review. The URL for littleforbig is incorrect as it has two http's. Clicking on the link does not work.

Thanks. Fixed.

Did you notice any issues with the leak guards? Every one I've worn from the bag I ordered, the leak guards are sealed/glued/whatever to the padding for what seems an excessive length. i.e., they only stand in the center of the diaper.

This might be because I live in Britain rather than America and therefore use Sterling rather than dollars but I didn’t find LfB trunks massively expensive.

Newbaby110521 said:
This might be because I live in Britain rather than America and therefore use Sterling rather than dollars but I didn’t find LfB trunks massively expensive.
As a brit, I can honestly say I've never heard anyone refer to our currency as sterling before lol

• Wow
I have but only ever to avoid confusion with the weight lbs when saying pounds.

PancakeBoyJoe said:
As a brit, I can honestly say I've never heard anyone refer to our currency as sterling before lol
Was always referred to as Pounds Sterling back in my day, the 50's and even on my visit in the early 70's they were still using pounds, shillings and pence for the currency of the day. Even in Canada my family will say sterling instead of Euro's.

I would've used a staple gun, actually, to frame them in just right. But it's just me. 🤭 Nice, though. I just might give in and get'em.:unsure: :)oops: oops! Someone pinched my ass!):love: You don't want to know.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Angelapinks and LittleBabyJake
This is a very well written review. This is a very well written review. If you are to write more then I'm definitely here for it. It has a hint of diaper science to it :p In any case, the photo's help a lot too! Great work!

Edit:

I now see that you have a lot of reviews haha

Last edited:
thank you for doing such an in-depth study like this! ive noticed a major difference in size while wearing LFB and im new to all this, so this was really informative!

Reactions: Woncrinklz
Fruitkitty said:
The LittleForBig Little Trunks is one of three prints of a diaper released in 2017 by LittleForBig, a supplier of various ABDL products with a particular aim at the DDlg community. In addition to the Little Trunks print, two gendered prints, Nursery Blue and Nursery Pink, are also available.

I am reviewing the medium size as purchased in January 2018. The medium is listed as fitting waists of 28"-38" and the large is listed as fitting waists of 36"-46".

Appearance, Size, and Features

The LittleForBig Little Trunks has printed packaging all-around, with clear transparent plastic on the top half of the package and solid colored plastic on the bottom which only partially obscures visibility of the diapers. It's an elegant and professional print with elephants, baby blocks spelling out LFB, and social media symbols on the side.

290-11-packfront.JPG

290-12-packside.JPG

The LittleForBig Little Trunks has an all over print with pink and blue elephants in the center surrounded by dots forming a diamond box pattern around them, bright yellow lines adjacent to the center, and a blue with white polka dot pattern on the wings and sides. It's generically babyish, and conceivable that it could be on an actual generic off-brand baby diaper, but it doesn't remind me of any print I've ever actually seen one personally.

The outer plastic has a paper thin, wrinkled but smooth feel to it.

290-1-FrontFolded.JPG

290-2-BackFolded.JPG

Front and Back of Folded Diaper, Respectively

To test their dry thickness, I stacked three diapers on top of each other, placed a heavy book on top of them, and measured their height. Together, the 3 diapers had a height of approximately 11.1 cm (4.4 in). Thus, the dry thickness of a single folded diaper is 3.7 cm (1.5 in).

290-3-stacked.JPG

3 Diapers Stacked

The LittleForBig Little Trunks uses a double-tape design with tapes that measure 3.4 cm (1.3 in) wide each.

290-4-tapes.JPG

The Tapes

The inside of the diaper is white with a rectangular blue zone that is somewhat offset towards the front of the diaper. The padding is arranged in an hourglass shape and feels soft and cottony. The diaper has standing leak guards and features elastic waistbands in both front and back.

290-5-outside.JPG

290-6-inside.JPG

Front and Back of Unfolded Diaper

With the diaper outstretched, it measures 70.5 cm (27.8 in) in length, 63.2 cm (24.9 in) in width at the wings, 29.5 cm (11.6 in) in width at the center, and 19.5 cm (7.7 in) in width between the leak guards.

290-7-length.JPG

290-8-widthwing.JPG

290-9-widthcenter.JPG

Performance and Fit

To test the capacity of this diaper quantitatively, I performed two tests.

First, I weighed a diaper and put it on. I then repeatedly dosed water into the front of it in 100 mL increments using a metered laboratory bottletop dispenser, followed by sitting down in a chair for 30 seconds each time to give the diaper a chance to absorb the liquid, then checking for leaks. When a leak occurred, I weighed the diaper again, and recorded the change in weight.

Over 3 replicates of this H2O capacity test, the LittleForBig Little Trunks averaged 1701 mL with a standard deviation of 266 mL.

During one trial of this test, I recorded qualitative information about the diaper as I added water to it. After 600 mL of water, the front of the diaper felt constantly wet. At 900 mL, it felt like I was sitting in the edge of a puddle. At 1200 mL, I felt like I was sitting in a puddle. At 1400 mL, I felt like I was sitting in a pond. At 1500 mL, I could feel liquid moving underneath me near one leg. At 1700 mL, I could feel liquid moving underneath me near both legs. At 1800 mL, the diaper leaked.

I folded the diaper back up to compare its thickness to a dry diaper. It had expanded to roughly 9.3 cm (3.7 in), about 2.5x its original size. The tapes did not move during this test.

290-10-heightfull.JPG

Dry Diaper Next to Full Diaper After Quantitative Test

I then performed a second test in which I made normal saline (0.9% NaCl in H2O), weighed a diaper and put it on, then used a metered laboratory bottletop dispenser to dose 160 mL saline every 5 minutes until it leaked, sitting down between increments. I weighed the diaper afterwards and divided the resulting change in grams by 1.0046 to account for the density of saline to determine the change in milliliters. 160 mL is approximately equivalent to half of an average adult urine void, and this increment is loosely representative of a "half-flood".

Over 3 replicates of this saline capacity test, the LittleForBig Little Trunks averaged 808 mL with a standard deviation of 168 mL. Rounded to numbers of integer "half-flood" doses, the diaper averaged 5.0 "half-floods" with a standard deviation of 1.0 "half-floods".

The average dry mass of this diaper, based on 6 replicates across both tests, was 179.2 g with a standard deviation of 1.8 g.

I weighed and put on a fresh diaper and wore it while going about ordinary activities. The diaper lasted a total of 6 hours before beginning to leak. During my test, I had 4 major wettings, and I recorded a change in mass of roughly 5.7 "half floods", consistent and towards the high end of the range of saline test results.

With a 36" waist, I am towards the high end of the listed size range for the medium LittleForBig Little Trunks. I normally wear size medium in other diaper brands. This diaper seemed to fit my size well.

The materials used in this diaper seem a bit thin and cheap, and the transparent landing zone panel was prone to peeling at the edges.

Price and Final Thoughts

I bought a pack of these diapers for the purposes of a review from Amazon because they were not in stock on the LittleForBig webpage at the time, but they are normally available at www.littleforbig.com/. They are only available in single packs of 10 diapers for $34.99, which includes shipping.

At the 10-diaper single pack size, this works out to $3.50/diaper and based on my test results this diaper holds 1.4 "half-floods" per dollar. This price is very high and the diaper very inefficient at this price point relative to the competition. The underlying diaper is mediocre in capacity and the high price due to availability in single packs is crushing.

The print is fairly unique and the diaper is functional, but the LittleForBig Little Trunks is otherwise unremarkable and expensive for what it is. If the print is appealing to you, I suppose that there's no glaring reason to recommend against this diaper beyond the large price premium. Ultimately, while I am glad to see yet another ABDL company attempt to make a diaper, this diaper feels like it's still a work in progress, needing further improvements and scale to allow bulk sale at a more attractive price point before it can be competitive.
I recently bought Nursery Blue from them, and the ink transfer left my sheet and nightie blue, I am not happy and will never buy them again!

• Wow
Thank you for the in depth review! Exited to half-flood them!

This diaper looks very fun and comfy! Are they still available?

Jojo54 said:
This diaper looks very fun and comfy! Are they still available?
yes they are! though be warned, if you have sensitive skin like i do, the plastic LFB uses may irritate ur hips a bit, though powdering the area beforehand seems to help

Last edited:
They are good, however I am not happy with the lack of privacy of the packaging.
Last time they where delivered to my downstairs neighbour. I messaged them about it, as I didn't know they would not be packaged in a more private way, but I see this has not changed.

Back