DLMelissa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Hello~

I have found that so many different styles of diapers fit so differently, but it's unfortunate. I normally always use size medium, and have plenty of room with one or two, maybe 3 doublers, or none. I normally always lean towards Rearz because I like the bigger medium style. Does anyone have a chart or comparison to most popular sizes of diapers? I have the MyDiaper blue style for mediums, and they are too small, and are almost uncomfortable in a way. I would appreciate any feedback!

A lot of people seem to agree with me that boosters are often a worse choice than simply getting a thicker diaper. I think they're a good idea if you only want to buy one diaper but want to be able to adjust the capacity as needed, but I'd rather have a variety of different types of diapers on-hand and simply choose a diaper that suits my needs at the time.

It's also a little more reliable - boosters don't usually wick to their back side very well, and often have trouble fitting (and staying) between the leak guards. Just going with a diaper that has thicker and/or more absorbent padding to begin with is always a safer option anyway.

i agree with bambinod. i like to have three styles at any given time. i currently have abu simple, preschool and dry 247 that i alternate based on my situation and mood. if medium feels too small you can try dry 247 medium, they seam to be cut between a normal medium and a large. its the only brand i have found to have an in between size like that.

Thirded. You're better off just getting slightly better diapers. And if mediums are too small, then the obvious solution is to go with the next size up.

In my experience most medium sized adult diapers fit about the same, then there are examples that fit smaller or bigger, you would need to make sure to look up the listed size range of whatever you are gonna buy and go by that.

I find that while I can fit in most mediums it can be a tight fit and maybe I should order more in size Large.

I guess even beyond the size range listed they may still fit different than expected, so some experimentation can be good.

I think it's tough because there are generally a few things that can affect how well a diaper fits. A lot of people think it's based solely on weight and waist size but things like thighs can have an impact on whether one diaper fits over another. I am 5' 7" 200 lbs with a 36" waist and my wife has a much thinner waist and weighs around 140lbs and while I fit in Medium diapers relatively well, she has trouble fitting comfortably in many brand's Med diapers on account of them being too tight around her legs. Where on the same diaper the tapes will come to around the points of my hip bones, on her the tapes will end up several inches further out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back