Problem with customer support - what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makubird

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I ordered two baby-shirts from an online company. The information on the website told me to take significant shrinkage into account which I did. Pre- and postwash measurements were given so I chose the size that fitted best with postwash measurements.

The shirts were exactly the size that was given in the prewash table. I washed them according to the instructions on the label. To my surprise the size increased significantly for both (width +20%, neck +50%, from large to 4Xlarge). They are way too large now. It seems like the stretch of the fabric disappeared.

I contacted customer support but they first said that this is not possible. Then that the table showed my size, not that of the garment. And third: I should pull it, then it would become less wide. After that: no contact.

Do you have suggestions what to do? I am not familiar with US law and customer rights but I suppose this is a quality issue and I should expect some cooperation from the seller to solve this problem.

I assume you emailed them? Try calling if you can afford it. Either way, let them know if they can't do what you ask you will contact their states Attorney General's office and file a complaint. Check their website to see if they are endorsed by any groups like the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Contact their endorsers and complain to the as well about their service.

Out of curiosity, what are the shirts made of? Cotton will shrink in hot water.

Scaramouche said:
Out of curiosity, what are the shirts made of? Cotton will shrink in hot water.

Cotton... the shirts got shorter like expected. But also a lot wider. The collar (different material?) lost all its elasticity. I have been doing my own laundry for 25 years now but have never experienced something like this before.

Did you pay by credit card? If the item isn't as described, you could dispute the purchase.

What was the company that you ordered them from?

Scaramouche said:
I assume you emailed them? Try calling if you can afford it. Either way, let them know if they can't do what you ask you will contact their states Attorney General's office and file a complaint. Check their website to see if they are endorsed by any groups like the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Contact their endorsers and complain to the as well about their service.

BBB is pretty much useless - https://consumerist.com/2015/09/30/...etter-business-bureau-ratings-dont-mean-much/

HogansHeroes said:
Did you pay by credit card? If the item isn't as described, you could dispute the purchase.

What was the company that you ordered them from?

I paid by PayPal. It is actually a good idea to dispute the purchase. I think PayPal offers a similar service, I'll look into that.

Regarding the company name: I am still hoping to solve this the right way so I decided not to mention their name.
It is NOT Tykables by the way. I opened a thread about their baby shirts last week so someone might think it's them. It's not.

Last edited:
Are you sure that the material is wholly cotton and not some cotton/elastane/lycra mix?
Stretch cotton (as per the 'mix') usually has a stretch direction and garments need to be cut from such cloth with that in mind.
And, naturally, laundering and drying need to be appropriate.

From time to time, manufacturers can receive the wrong material and some need a skilled eye to spot the difference.

ade said:
Are you sure that the material is wholly cotton and not some cotton/elastane/lycra mix?
Stretch cotton (as per the 'mix') usually has a stretch direction and garments need to be cut from such cloth with that in mind.
And, naturally, laundering and drying need to be appropriate.

From time to time, manufacturers can receive the wrong material and some need a skilled eye to spot the difference.

The label says 100% cotton. The shirt is made in China, something could have gone wrong there. I am not an expert in fabrics though...

I've noticed that clothes I've order through Amazon typically come a lot smaller, especially if they are made in China. China seems to have no quality control at all. There's a lot of junk clothing coming from there, especially if it's AB/DL/sissy clothing. They probably figure that most of us would be to embarrassed to complain.

dogboy said:
I've noticed that clothes I've order through Amazon typically come a lot smaller, especially if they are made in China. China seems to have no quality control at all. There's a lot of junk clothing coming from there, especially if it's AB/DL/sissy clothing. They probably figure that most of us would be to embarrassed to complain.

I am always a bit hesitant buying Chinese products. I did not know these shirts were Chinese since they came from a US based company. Since they are so reluctant to help me (or even have a proper conversation) I think they may not be aware themselves that they received a bad batch of clothing or something like that.

Will try to contact them again this week. If no solution can be reached I will file a complaint at PayPal.

Did you pay by credit card? if so contact the card issuer and dispute the charge on the basis of "goods not as described or unfit for use"

This is Why I have bought all my onesies from the same company , I usually buy 25 or 30 at a time ,so they are not generic sized they are made to my measurements !takes all the fear & guess work out of the equation, if one happens to be defective in someway she will happily make me a new one, and that's the only problem I have ever had in like 300 onesies was 2 that when washed became actual toddler size they shrank so much.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back