Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Found something good online, from the early days of AB

Default Found something good online, from the early days of AB

I found the earliest Jerry Springer show with AB on it. It also includes the late Heidi Lynn of Phoenix.

FuzzyMemories.TV - Screening Room

Good find from what I can see. It tries to be positive, but I can see Springer just plain don't get it.

WildThing121675

Great find.

There are also some great old diaper commercials, with super thick diapers.

I find that if you look at this and then the more resent Springer show on the topic it seems that we were alot more understanding back then rather now.

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    I find that if you look at this and then the more resent Springer show on the topic it seems that we were alot more understanding back then rather now.
    Those daytime talk shows, used to be about giving people information about subjects that were not commonly known. Now they are just schlock entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentine View Post
    Those daytime talk shows, used to be about giving people information about subjects that were not commonly known. Now they are just schlock entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy Cullen View Post
    The video doesn't work for me
    just do a search on 'adult babies'. it looks like the jerry springer episode is in 5 parts. just finished up part 1. its interesting, but jerry really doesnt get it, lol.

Too bad they didn't have the ending!
    But yeah it was very interesting. Good find!

I think what you have found may have been fairly important. In essence it shows how the early understanding of an AB/DL at the time. If you listen to the arguemeants between them and how they surmaise what is the problem and how they attack it and how they defend it. Though it all revolved around a central idea that it was a cure. So from what i have heard this was something that was a disease (Voodoo as someone put it) and it wasnt the solution. If you look over how perceptions have changed and certain ideas become clearer. It kinda helps me understand a bit more on why people act the way they do when confronted with this, and the information they provide either in support or against the matter, its just so amazing. I never knew how often this was and I belive this is a milestone record for this.

Now, on the topic of the show, i didnt expect anyone to understand this, or even to comprehend it. I saw this exact show when i was around 4 or 5 and this was my first introduction that there were others who held the same intrest. Maybe the public wont see it a positive light, and probably not even in a neutral light but it does help people know that it exists. And it is very nice to hear actually both sides on the matter, though i wish it was on a more well respected show (though if it was it might have been more biased against it.)

Those are kinda my thoughts on the program, i really liked being able to see this again, after about 10-12 years.

Yumi

I remember seeing that on TV when I was like 4 or 5 (rerun, as it came out before I was born). I remember my great grandma saying how sick they were... I kind of remember finding the idea interesting. (I didn't see the clips yet) I just remember a home video (censored) of a grown man being diapered. It was very interesting to me.

EDIT AGAIN: My gawd. JS has changed so much. Calm and intelligent talk show... To... Violent, idiotic, and... Stupid... things... .___.

EDIT AGAIN: I saw a totally different episode. I remember Jerry's hair was slightly... losing it's... colour? There was a guy wearing a footie pj with his 'mommy', and a guy totally dressed with.. In orange? With fake yellow hair.
    Last edited by Yumi; 02-May-2009 at 05:13.