Why is amzon. Shipping this way

Status
Not open for further replies.

makena43

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My last three shipments of diapers. Are going by mail instead of Fedex or ups why. It always goes Fedex

you probably selected to "ship by least expensive method"

I think it was standard shipping

Which is the least expensive method.

My last 2 or 3 amazon shipments weren't even done via a logistics company, just some random person drove up and dropped them off. It was kind of like uber but with package delivery.

Amazon will always choose the cheapest method for shipping. Lately they’ve been using their own Amazon trucks for delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got an Amazon delivery on a Sunday delivered by a U. S. Postal truck. They'be made a deal with the postal service because the U. S. Postal posted a billion dollar loss for 2017. I guess this is a way for them to make up the lost revenue.

So its not because of type of shipping its all about. The postal service has the contact. Did I understand you correctly?

Amazon has contracts with multiple carriers and will ship the cheapest way for standard shipping. This may mean using their own vehicles or using FedEx or UPS. Additionally, FedEx and UPS both will sometimes use the Post Office for the 'last mile' delivery to your home instead of their own trucks.

I'm not sure you can tell how Amazon will deliver a particular package.

Because diapers like to travel in a DC-10!

There is so many different ways that a package can arrive now days. Economy shipping is, well, economy shipping. I wonder why the USPS posted such a loss. It must be because they are undercharging and not recuperating the cost of shipping. Which is great for vendors shipping out products as cheap as possible.

You can always ask the specific vendor their shipping policy. The actual vendor, not just the Q&A on the product's page. But even then, it could vary.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

if you have a prime account and your diapers are prime elegable they should ship by courier, Amazon will always default to the cheapest service that will ship in the time frame they request.

Yooo said:
There is so many different ways that a package can arrive now days. Economy shipping is, well, economy shipping. I wonder why the USPS posted such a loss. It must be because they are undercharging and not recuperating the cost of shipping. Which is great for vendors shipping out products as cheap as possible.

You can always ask the specific vendor their shipping policy. The actual vendor, not just the Q&A on the product's page. But even then, it could vary.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Correct, it costs more than $0.49 to deliver a letter. Yet congress won't let them raise their rates.

Still their "last mile" delivery service is faster and cheaper than what ups and fedex can compete with on their own. Since it's cheaper, the carfiers delive your package to the post office and let them take it the last mile to you.

Of you can select two day shipping when you by something on amazon (which is cheaper if you have their prime subscription and by on amazon alot)

BabyDenise said:
Additionally, FedEx and UPS both will sometimes use the Post Office for the 'last mile' delivery to your home instead of their own trucks.

When ups uses the post office for the end delivery instead of their own package cars, I believe it's called Surepost. I have received many diaper orders this way.

dogboy said:
I got an Amazon delivery on a Sunday delivered by a U. S. Postal truck. They'be made a deal with the postal service because the U. S. Postal posted a billion dollar loss for 2017. I guess this is a way for them to make up the lost revenue.
Fed Ex Smart Post and UPS Surepost on your box will result in a 1-2 day additional transit time to you as Fed Ex & UPS deliver to your local PO and then USPS sends it to distribution hub and back to the office sorted and counted for USPS stats. gotta love complex contracts UGH!

- - - Updated - - -

aleakyboomboom said:
Because diapers like to travel in a DC-10!
So do I! I love the DC-10 what a wonderful bird.

xpluswearer said:
Fed Ex Smart Post and UPS Surepost on your box will result in a 1-2 day additional transit time to you as Fed Ex & UPS deliver to your local PO and then USPS sends it to distribution hub and back to the office sorted and counted for USPS stats. gotta love complex contracts UGH!

- - - Updated - - -

So do I! I love the DC-10 what a wonderful bird.

Indeed, I only have flown in the MD-11, but damn a trijet just looks so right!

aleakyboomboom said:
Indeed, I only have flown in the MD-11, but damn a trijet just looks so right!
With more airlines looking for a new widebody replacement I am shocked Boeing does not dust off the plans for the DC-10/ MD-11 frame and just carbon copy it and give the engines more oomph basically slap three 777 esque engines in the sucker and dang that plane cannot be beat! With recent issues I surely hope airlines and manufacturers trash the twin engine love fest and go back to a 3-4 engine trans oceanic transporting planes. Just for kicks I have thought of packing myself in a box with a case of diapers and food and break out of the box once loaded onto the plane oh I bet that would not work my luck they would send me on a crop duster argh!
let alone a ride to club fed leavenworth.

xpluswearer said:
With more airlines looking for a new widebody replacement I am shocked Boeing does not dust off the plans for the DC-10/ MD-11 frame and just carbon copy it and give the engines more oomph basically slap three 777 esque engines in the sucker and dang that plane cannot be beat! With recent issues I surely hope airlines and manufacturers trash the twin engine love fest and go back to a 3-4 engine trans oceanic transporting planes. Just for kicks I have thought of packing myself in a box with a case of diapers and food and break out of the box once loaded onto the plane oh I bet that would not work my luck they would send me on a crop duster argh!
let alone a ride to club fed leavenworth.

Well the thing is: if MD had strapped 2 bigger blowers onto the wings of the 11 and done away with the tail engine, it would have essentially been the 777, ah well.

Lets hope Michael Oleary of Ryanair, does not google this thread, damn if passengers wore diapers he could get another 6 seats into his planes or 9 oh and selling diapers. heh :)

aleakyboomboom said:
Well the thing is: if MD had strapped 2 bigger blowers onto the wings of the 11 and done away with the tail engine, it would have essentially been the 777, ah well.

Lets hope Michael Oleary of Ryanair, does not google this thread, damn if passengers wore diapers he could get another 6 seats into his planes or 9 oh and selling diapers. heh :)[/QUOTE
Nothing wrong with the tail engine. Just like the L-1011 and the Iconic 727. Yeah better not give Delta or United or American any ideas too. LOL thing is you would still need lavs for diaper changes you know with the UK & EU disability laws. The ISA ADA would require it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back