josephxylose

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I've found it to be a challenge

Practice. It was very difficult at first, but now I get a near perfect fit almost every time. It took me a pretty long time to master it. With most diapers I find it easiest for me to put mine on while laying down. I’m pretty good at standing as well. Some cheaper diapers are easier while standing because I tend to over tighten and rip them. You’ll get it with time I’m sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

depends on the situation im in. Can do it standing u if you have a wall to lean against. if at home lay down on the bed.

josephxylose said:
I've found it to be a challenge

I've been there and I'm still not a pro yet. Just practice. Maybe look at ADISC's guide.

It does take practice but I usually do it standing up. I place the diaper between my butt and the wall so I have my hands free enough to do the job. I secure the top tapes first but after I do the bottoms, I usually have to use the second-chance tapes to get it snug enough. But I normally don't have to do anything after that.

Laying down, is not too much different other than getting on top of the diaper.

Since I'm usually in bath room getting ready for bed it just makes sense to put them on while there. I find leaning against something to be a big help and in this case it's the counter where the sink is. Once the diaper is spread out I pull it between my legs and try to center it. I then lean against the counter to hold it in place while I pull one side around. If need be I can lean forward to re-adjust. I've found that I do better if I fasten the bottom tape tight then go to other side and if need be lean forward again to get the slack out and pull the bottom tape tight on that side. Go back to first side and pull and stick top tape then repeat. Doesn't take long to make this work perfectly. Good luck.

I lay it flat out on the toilet lid, plop myself down, and do up the sides.

Practice makes perfect

I put my diaper on standing up. Leaning against the wall keeps it in place while I fasten the tapes. I take my diaper off in the bathtub.

Takes lots of practice. I suggest cloth backs or something with velcro tapes to get the hang of it if you can.

I do it laying down. Top tapes first nice and snug, then stand up and tape up the bottom.

Standing up sometimes, but mainly when I diaper myself I would lie down in bed. Adjust the front & back, & of course put the tapes on. Been doing that since age 15 or 16.

Make sure to memorize where the tapes end up at when you do have a good fit. This way the next time you diaper up just put them in the same spot. You won't have to worry about getting a good fit, and sill have it automatically.

I diaper laying down most of the time but have done it standing up leaning against the wall, and in the driver seat of my car or truck. Diapering in a vehicle can be hard to get the right fit around your legs. To second what slomo said memorize where you put your tapes and it becomes easier and easier.

At home, I lay down on my bed and slip a diaper under my bum, then I tape myself up (bottom tapes first), and then stand up to adjust to make it more snug, I put underwear or plastic pants over the diaper so it stays in place. Sometimes I will use powder or use a baby diaper as a liner.

At work, I go to the locker room, get a diaper out of my locker, go to the stall, get myself taped up in one of the stalls, then pull my pants up and get back to work.

I put mine on lying down, I typically use the vertical creases of the diaper (from the wings being folded) as kind of a guide. Those creases are generally the area where the tapes need to be for me. They tend to be an equal distance on either side so the tapes end up even. I tape the top left first, then the top right and then I stand up & tape the bottom tapes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to do it laying down on the bathroom floor but I found bracing myself against a wall is easier and provides a snugger fit. It also help that the only diapers I have worn are certainty briefs which have the Velcro tabs, gives me a little room to work with and practice with.

Disposables I always put on standing without leaning against a wall. Not saying I’ve never done it standing, but with cloth I generally lay on a bed or the floor. Just seems like I don’t have enough hands to position and pin a cloth diaper while in the upright position.

Most of the time I wear cloth diapers with plastic pants and I lay on my bed and pin my diaper on. If I am wearing a disposable and I am out, I change in a stall standing up and lean against a wall while taping up the sides. Sometimes I wear pull-on style briefs and I just step into them, but it takes longer because I have to take my shoes and pants off first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back