How do you guys put on a diaper by yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
If getting the right fit is a concern, I recommend getting samples of a diaper with Velcro or hook-and-loop tapes, such as Bambino Magnifico. You can fasten and re-fasten those tapes a virtually unlimited number of times. I would try a number of different taping positions to find what is most comfortable for you. Once you decide on your preferred tape positioning, and (if you’re male) how you like to situate your equipment, you will have a much better idea of how to get it right when you diaper yourself in the future.

I always put the top tapes first. Then the bottom tape.

SimCo said:
If getting the right fit is a concern, I recommend getting samples of a diaper with Velcro or hook-and-loop tapes, such as Bambino Magnifico. You can fasten and re-fasten those tapes a virtually unlimited number of times. I would try a number of different taping positions to find what is most comfortable for you. Once you decide on your preferred tape positioning, and (if you’re male) how you like to situate your equipment, you will have a much better idea of how to get it right when you diaper yourself in the future.

Cloth and plastic diaper have VERY distinctly different fits to them. Practicing eith cloth will not help you to bebecome proficient putting on plastic diapers.

Slomo said:
Cloth and plastic diaper have VERY distinctly different fits to them. Practicing eith cloth will not help you to bebecome proficient putting on plastic diapers.

No, but practice makes perfect. With the plastic diapers, there's not much room for error. At least with the cloth like ones I use, I can reposition the tapes. The plastic ones became easier to tape once I knew the positioning and taping methods that work best for me.

Back up against a wall. Simple.

It takes a lot of practice. When I first started, I would lie on the floor for changing. Over the past year, I've gotten quite good at the standing against the wall, which in some ways is better for getting that "Right" fit; just my opinion. I have also gotten rather good at changing while laying on the bed. My advice is to just practice different positions so that your ready for what ever situation you find yourself in when needing to change.

For those putting the diaper on standing up, how do you use baby powder, etc.

BJsTyLeZ said:

I sprinkle a little in the diaper before putting it on. My reasons for using it are more about scent than any practical concern, so adjust accordingly. If I thought I actually needed it for a change standing up away from home, I'd have to apply it, use a wipe to clean my hands, and proceed from there.

BJsTyLeZ said:

If I'm needing to stand to change my diaper, it's being done in a restroom so I typically get the diaper positioned how I need it, pull it through my legs and sit on the toilet long enough to put powder on. Then I stand up and lean up against the wall to finish taping the diaper up. This method has worked best for me.

I put toilet seat down prepare diaper on it, and sit and adjust, works perfect for me

BJsTyLeZ said:

I lay down my diaper opened up on the floor in from of the diaper cabinet and use my diaper as a "drop cloth" as I slather on my powder front and back. Then I carefully pick up my diaper off the floor and back into it against the wall and tape up.

As long as you're not rough with it or swinging it around wildly, the powder will mostly stay in the padding.

After taping up, I also will lift my diaper away from one side of my hip and shake in a last dash of powder to prevent my side hip from sweating and pimpling up, then repeat on the other side. I'm only lifting the top half or so though, so powder doesn't usually come out the bottom and head to the floor.

Other times I use pre-taped diapers. The routine is pretty similar though. I will open and lay out and powder up. But then I take the diaper I pretaped the other day and pull it on, while standing over the one on the floor. After that, I carefully pick up the diaper off the floor and set it on the dresser and get it pretaped for the next day. It gets folded up and placed in my diaper cabinet for tomorrow morning.

BJsTyLeZ said:

I used to put some powder in my hand, then rub it over my skin. I'd then wash my hands and finish diapering up. Alternatively I'd just sprinkle some powder into my diaper. I found this gave me a poor distribution/coating though, and also needlessly used up much more powder too.

Laying down on a relatively firm surface seems to work best for me. I've tried the method where you lean against a wall a few times, but the end result hasn't been great thus far.

When I tried taped diapers, I couldn't get the tapes where they needed to be and I wasted too many diapers, Its cloth diapers for me

I put the diaper on around myself while standing. Then a lay down and tape it up best I can, just the top ones. Just tight enough that it won’t fall off. I then stand again and adjust the tapes and fit as necessary and then do the bottom tapes. Don’t know if that makes any sense, I’m really bad at explaining things. I find I can get consistent results and a comfortable fit this way anyhoo. With my Tena slips I can adjust the tapes a few times as needed without screwing them up. You may not be able to do this as well with some diapers though, especially cheap ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put the diaper behind me and lean on a wall, so that the backside is in the right place. Then I grab the front of the diaper, put it comfortably and close the tapes.

Practise is a key. I lean agains wall

Leaning against the wall.
If in public, try to get a stall that's next to the wall so your neighbour don't see your legs :).

Sit on the arm of a sofa to hold it in place,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back