What's the worst diaper you've ever tried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepies

Just your friendly neighborhood baa-by
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Thought this would be fun.

What's the worst diaper you've ever tried and why?

Mine is hands down those horribly cheap cloth backed Attends pull ups Medicare gives people. You'll be lucky if you get a wetting into one of those without it leaking.

I haven't tried a lot of really terrible diapers, at least in my estimation. I tend to find a use for diapers that a lot of people don't like. I don't like clothlike covers, so that leads me to skip almost everything that can be easily obtained retail. TotalDry Plus are the ones I like the least but they're probably not quite the worst in a general sense.

I think the worst might be back when the TotalDry line (the TotalDry X-Plus are the same as baseline Bambinos) was Secure and they had a diaper below the Secure Plus (just Secure, if I recall right). They were super crinkly but that's about the only good thing about them. There were multiple diapers missing tapes within a single bag, the capacity was low, and clumping was rapid.

For me, even if it counts as a diaper its definitely CVS Belted Shields. They are decently absorbent and the jell stuff in it slide all around and its just kinda uncomfortable. But ill take any diaper I can get.

- - - Updated - - -

For me, even if it counts as a diaper its definitely CVS Belted Shields. They are decently absorbent and the jell stuff in it slide all around and its just kinda uncomfortable. But ill take any diaper I can get.

Rcramere said:

- - - Updated - - -

Actually had to look up what a belted shield was. And wow those look like leaks waiting to happen

Attends has plent more than those horrible "breathable" covideen blue diapers.

More like leakable. They last 60 minutes AT MOST. They clump early, and sag fast. Oh, and any sweat at all will render them unable to absorb pee.

Slomo said:
Attends has plent more than those horrible "breathable" covideen blue diapers.

More like leakable. They last 60 minutes AT MOST. They clump early, and sag fast. Oh, and any sweat at all will render them unable to absorb pee.

Heh I'm wearing those terrible blue coviden wings. They do suck but they do ok overnight with a couple boosters. I use chux because of the "leakable" outer shell lol. My insurance pays for my IC products, but my supplier only gets these.

Gina

Reginabdl said:
Heh I'm wearing those terrible blue coviden wings. They do suck but they do ok overnight with a couple boosters. I use chux because of the "leakable" outer shell lol. My insurance pays for my IC products, but my supplier only gets these.

Gina

I am SOOO saddened to hear that.

Sheepies said:
Thought this would be fun.

What's the worst diaper you've ever tried and why?

Mine is hands down those horribly cheap cloth backed Attends pull ups Medicare gives people. You'll be lucky if you get a wetting into one of those without it leaking.

Definitely Depends, Maximum Fitted Protection, the 6 tab brand, not sure if they are still around. These were just a horrible consumer diaper, when I was staying in New York, I bought Walgreens and CVS brands that were better than these bad boys and CVS/Walgreen brands are trash as well.

Depend Maximum Fitted Protection has a plastic backing that isn't nearly as buttery as classic baby diapers or high-end AB brands, in fact, I think they switched to cloth backed around the time I first started buying them, not my thing. They leak after 1-2 small wettings max, they never even swelled up, they didn't have a chance.

The tapes are lousy and flimsy, some of the only diapers where I had the tapes pop off were this brand. Six tapes and they couldn't even figure out how to make em' stick right. Also, six tapes, what are you crazy? That's excessive.

When you think of an adult diaper in the geriatric sense, these are the diapers that come to mind. When I was 14-15 and just starting out they were my go to, but I can safely say, it was sometimes very hard to get into baby-mode when wearing something that you could find on a hospital dollie and that your Grandparents friends wore.

Oh, and they were wafer thin too, I owned pairs of thermal underwear thicker than them. You got like 16-20 diap, ah, I mean briefs, they don't even deserve to be called diapers... You got 16-20 briefs a pack and you'd need to wear 4 at a time to get barely even close to the thickness of an AB brand. Awful, awful diapers er, briefs.

Thanks for making me relive my worst diaper memories Sheepies, lol, I kid, I kid :)

Last edited:
That's a tough question. A few of the worst medical diapers (in my opinion at least) are the knock off Depends brand from Fred's, another brand I bought from the salvation army called "Fit Right", & another would be Abena M4. They're okay diapers if you couldn't afford expensive ones like Rearz Safari for an example, its just the tapes suck & never stick on (except for Abena M4). Whenever they come apart I'd have to staple the tapes back on until I was done with the diaper.

As for pull ups from places like Family Dollar, Dollar General, etc. They also suck because of how thin & cheap they are....they aren't thick or comfortable enough & can't hold leaks well, but I've never tried other pull ups like the Abena ones or any other type of pull up.

I have no idea what they were but many years ago the NHS supplied blue disposable nappies to incontinene sufferers and teenagers like me who still wet the bed. They were hopeless and leaked all the time

Depends pull-ups, by far.

ST50 said:
I have no idea what they were but many years ago the NHS supplied blue disposable nappies to incontinene sufferers and teenagers like me who still wet the bed. They were hopeless and leaked all the time

Those are made by covideen, under the wings brand. Their "best" diaper even used to have the text "wings" printed on the tapes.

Those have even somehow gotten worse now that they are breathable.

The prevail line up. Either they just don't fit right or I can't make them work but either way, leaking like someput a hole in them and massive issues all around with comfort.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Dotty the pony. When I tried them the leaked and the tapes didn’t stay on.

Experiment626 said:
Dotty the pony. When I tried them the leaked and the tapes didn’t stay on.
Wow! Really?
I wanted to try their new pride diaper but of they're that bad probably not then

Depends flex fit or Mckesson. Basically, take any plastic backed diaper, turn it inside out, and put it on.

Sheepies said:
Wow! Really?
I wanted to try their new pride diaper but of they're that bad probably not then
I was thinking that it might have been a fluke but I actually pre ordered the pride diapers and they still haven’t arrived! all they told me was that they were still coming and the tracking says I’ll get it by October! Despite my issues I would try a sample of them because they may not be bad at all.

Some Depends pull-up...I can't remember exactly what it was called. For a proper tape-on diaper, while I don't know that I'd say it's particularly bad, the Tranquility ATN is probably my least favorite from what I've tried.

Equaline Underwear for Men--an extraordinarily cheap and leaky pull up found in stores in the middle of nowhere. Thin tighty-whities would hold more pee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back