I partly came out to a friend...with good results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boopa

Bedwetter
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I know this really isn't a big deal here. But on Friday I stayed the night at a friend's place and while there I told him about my bedwetting and diapers...but NOT that I'm a DL. I figured I'd just leave it with me having night issues and wearing diapers for it.

He really didn't care, wasn't judgemental and even kind of applauded me for taking the steps to wear protection. So this is actually good news!

For the last few months, since we met, we've been hanging out A LOT and had countless late nights but I've never stayed the night, despite him urging me to, and being like "dude...just crash here" but I never have and always made an excuse. I've driven home from his place drunk more times than I should have.

Well...no more! On Friday we got to having one of those "bro talks" guys have when they're pretty drunk and I ended up admitting to him my bedwetting and that being why I've never crashed at his place before. Not an issue at all. He was like "at least you do something about it" So I went to my car, got a diaper and put it on. That was that. We stayed up a while more just shooting the shit until we fell asleep. Nothing more was said about it.

So now, I can hang out with him as often as I like and not have to worry about anything...whether it be driving when I shouldn't or having an accident or on his furniture.

As an adult with this issue, I've done my share of sneaking around and hiding it. But I've reached a point where I'm just tired of doing that, especially with people who I hang out with a lot and maybe spend nights around.

I dunno. Sorry about the rant. Its just a huge load off to have a friend I don't have to hide around. Like I said...I've done enough hiding. I'm done being ashamed of my night issue.

Great for you! I'm glad you're friend was so chill, it definitely does take a load off. Hope you enjoy getting to hang out with him more!

Drink driving? jesus christ.

Great to hear :D

It really can bog you down, having to be secretive and lying all the time.
Awesome that you have such an understanding friend - that's what friends are for :D

Boopa said:
He really didn't care, wasn't judgemental and even kind of applauded me for taking the steps to wear protection. So this is actually good news!

As an adult with this issue, I've done my share of sneaking around and hiding it. But I've reached a point where I'm just tired of doing that, especially with people who I hang out with a lot and maybe spend nights around.

So far, I've told a handful of friends about my "situation" with similar results. While I've been selective in who I tell, I'm also at a point where I'm tired of sneaking around and hiding it. It is something I deal with all the time, and I've spent way too much time and energy worrying about it and worrying about who might find out. At this point, I try to be discreet but don't go to great lengths to "hide" the fact that I'm in a diaper.

While it may have been difficult for you to confide in your friend, it is much better than driving drunk - that is never a good idea!

it is much better by far to have an accident in your diaper at a friends house than to have an accident with the car while drunk because you are too embarrassed to tell him you wet at night and like to wear diapers!!!

Boopa said:
I'm done being ashamed of my night issue.

That's great... but... shouldn't you be much more ashamed of committing crimes like drunk-driving and risking other people's lives?!

There's NEVER an excuse to drink and drive. Get a bus, get a taxi, get a sober person to drive, get a hotel, sleep on the floor, or just don't drink. Can you imagine what your friends and family would think of you if they found out what you were doing? Or if you killed someone and had to face your victim's family in court. How could you live with yourself?

Friends don't let friends drive drunk.

[video=youtube;TEVbSB2vz_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEVbSB2vz_8[/video]

Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy and aleakyboomboom
To make it short how it started: I started to wear diapers back in 2010 when I was a truckdriver - on that time. I have some 2 very good friends I have known for less than 4 years by now. bout two years ago I decided to tell them I was using/wearing diapers everyday. I was a bit nervous for their reaction. Would they dump me as friend, would they think I was crazy - you know all those questions going tru my head. Instead of asking me why I was wearing diapers, they asked me how it felt. "It feels nice and comfy to me". They replied with the answer "okay". They don't care about it. Just as long as I like to wear diapers and i feel good in a diaper, then I give a beep beep on what other ppl say and think about me. I love diapers, I feel good in diapers, I wear diapers. This is who I am. Nothing more, nothing less :)

InlandTaipan said:
To make it short how it started: I started to wear diapers back in 2010 when I was a truckdriver - on that time. I have some 2 very good friends I have known for less than 4 years by now. bout two years ago I decided to tell them I was using/wearing diapers everyday. I was a bit nervous for their reaction. Would they dump me as friend, would they think I was crazy - you know all those questions going tru my head. Instead of asking me why I was wearing diapers, they asked me how it felt. "It feels nice and comfy to me". They replied with the answer "okay". They don't care about it. Just as long as I like to wear diapers and i feel good in a diaper, then I give a beep beep on what other ppl say and think about me. I love diapers, I feel good in diapers, I wear diapers. This is who I am. Nothing more, nothing less :)

c
what a great response. too bad everyone doesnt act that way toward all their friends and neighbors.

I am really glad that this turned out well for you. Both in being able to have a friend understand and that you can not be alone in wearing diapers about, but to be honest... I am very grateful that you discovered it is okay to stay over at a friends house when you have been drinking.

Regardless of the consequences of wetting the bed (or couch or wherever you might be sleeping), they are nothing compared to the risks that you were taking while driving after drinking. Tiny shared some real truths here that while this may not have been the intent of your post, I hope that you will listen to and accept. I don't mean to chastise you, as I do get that you were afraid of having an accident and your need for diapers revealed. However, you need to realistically look at the situation and understand that the potential consequences of driving while intoxicated or even slightly buzzed outweigh any consequences of a "friend" (or anyone for that matter) finding out you need to wear diapers!

Please don't take this advice negatively, because I am in no way meaning it in that way. Rather, I hope and pray that you may look back and realize that your concern over being "discovered" was foolish in comparison to the consequences that could have happened while driving after drinking.

I hope that you may continue in your friendship with this person, but even if things don't work out, please learn from this and never go back to taking the risks that you did in order to hide your interests or needs in diapers. It is not just yourself that could have been harmed, but other innocent bystanders. There is nothing worth taking that risk over.

Okay, I will stop my rant, and offer you hugs instead.:hug: *that's just what us teddybears do) May you learn many things from this n --that wearing diapers is nothing to try to hide and run from, and especially there is no reason to ever drive if you have been drinking. Even if faced with embarrassment or other consequences...

Be accepting of who you are and don't let the fear of what others may think of you cause you to do things that you know you should do better of.

:detective3

TeddyBearCowboy

I would love to do this. The one friend I feel most inclined to tell seems to look to me as something of a lone wolf badass, and I feel I would be shattering that illusion. There is one other and I wonder if he knows. He used my bathroom once and I left my closet open; the closet with all of my diapers and little clothes in it. He didn’t say anything, but I don’t see how he couldn’t have seen it. In either case I don’t want my relationship with them to change.

When I was in middle school, I suspect 2 of my friends were DL though. One found one of my goodnites in my room, wore it and showed me before wetting it. The other one dared me to lie on a changing table so they could put a diaper that they found on me. In both instances I wish I could have shared a little bit about my feelings, but was too embarrassed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back