How does the Abena Abri-Form fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddedbossman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I am considering on getting the M4 or L4 I am at the upper end of the M4 do they tend to run a bit bigger or smaller? I am 41' ish would the M4 fit or go with the next size of the L4?

Im 38 and I I can really get swallowed in the larges. Tapes almost touch in the front.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

If you can get a sample or 1 bag do that first. I am in the 36 to 38 range and i find the top taps go about 1 inch in from the start of the padding which make for a very nice fit for me. Yes m4's.

At 41inch you'd need the L size.

Most likely you're gonna want the L size, but I highly recommend just getting a couple of samples and trying them yourself.

I am a 38 , I wear the m4 but they are a bit snug, I tried a case of the L4's but they wetre to big , felt like Goldie-locks but they don't have a just right size for me ..the m4's do alright but they really need a between size .... I agree with those who suggest samples but i bet you end up with the L4's

chamberpot said:
I am a 38 , I wear the m4 but they are a bit snug, I tried a case of the L4's but they wetre to big , felt like Goldie-locks but they don't have a just right size for me ..the m4's do alright but they really need a between size .... I agree with those who suggest samples but i bet you end up with the L4's
'
I have to echo what chamberpot said. I'm also a 38 and the M4's are snug on me but I like them when I want to be discrete (like going to the gym). In my case as well, a between size would be great, or better yet, a medium with longer "wings". If you are at 41 though, I'd recommend trying the L's.

Paddedbossman said:
I am considering on getting the M4 or L4 I am at the upper end of the M4 do they tend to run a bit bigger or smaller? I am 41' ish would the M4 fit or go with the next size of the L4?

I have Abena M4, and I'm a 38" Waist, and they fit me pretty well. So I'd suggest going for a Large.

Thanks for the recommendations

Yeah, a 41" waist is definitely well within needing larges. Mediums will be WAY too small.

Keep in mind, diapers are supposed to feel big. They are made to fit like a diaper after all, not tighty whities.

I think they size on the small side. The mediums are especially small mediums. The larges are closer to "typical" large size. So that means there's a big gap between their medium and large.

So if the M4 fits but the lower tapes are barely making it to the front, you can go for large. But If the lowers are reaching with any reasonable room to spare, the larges will be very big on you.

IIRC, the lower tapes on me BARELY fully tape to the front panel on the mediums, and they're uncomfortably tight. The larges on the other hand, have the top tapes within about 6" of each other. (wore one last night, still wearing this morning!) So that's arguably at the very high end of medium, and very close to the low end of large. There's very little overlap.

bambinod said:
I think they size on the small side. The mediums are especially small mediums. The larges are closer to "typical" large size. So that means there's a big gap between their medium and large.

So if the M4 fits but the lower tapes are barely making it to the front, you can go for large. But If the lowers are reaching with any reasonable room to spare, the larges will be very big on you.

IIRC, the lower tapes on me BARELY fully tape to the front panel on the mediums, and they're uncomfortably tight. The larges on the other hand, have the top tapes within about 6" of each other. (wore one last night, still wearing this morning!) So that's arguably at the very high end of medium, and very close to the low end of large. There's very little overlap.

Actually, as long as the tapes don't overlap, you may be just fine. They can be within one inch of each other, and larges may still be the right size.

Conversely, the side panels need to overlap by at least an inch or two for them to work correctly.

By your description, mediums are definitely too small, and larges are just right.

Slomo said:
Actually, as long as the tapes don't overlap, you may be just fine. They can be within one inch of each other, and larges may still be the right size.

Conversely, the side panels need to overlap by at least an inch or two for them to work correctly.

By your description, mediums are definitely too small, and larges are just right.

If your diaper has front elastic, the tapes getting much into the elastic area will negate the elastic.

The other issue with the front tapes being very close is the front wings aren't being pulled outward to keep them wrapped around in the front. Your fit will be less secure and the wings will shift up/down over time.

On the other end of the spectrum with too small of a diaper, the lower tapes usually have problems reaching long before the upper tapes.

bambinod said:
If your diaper has front elastic, the tapes getting much into the elastic area will negate the elastic.

The other issue with the front tapes being very close is the front wings aren't being pulled outward to keep them wrapped around in the front. Your fit will be less secure and the wings will shift up/down over time.

On the other end of the spectrum with too small of a diaper, the lower tapes usually have problems reaching long before the upper tapes.

This is true. And depending on individual fit, it may or may not make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back