Very Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlwillow

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I got samples from NorthShore so I could decide what I wanted. Well I went with the higher comfort 24/7 and placed my order. Well when I placed the order they said ship date was 2-08-18. I finished the order knowing it would arrive Saturday while I was home. I kept checking my email and no response from them. Find out today that I won’t receive till Monday which no one will be home. Needless to say not a good first impression!!!!

dlwillow said:
So I got samples from NorthShore so I could decide what I wanted. Well I went with the higher comfort 24/7 and placed my order. Well when I placed the order they said ship date was 2-08-18. I finished the order knowing it would arrive Saturday while I was home. I kept checking my email and no response from them. Find out today that I won’t receive till Monday which no one will be home. Needless to say not a good first impression!!!!

I've had the same issue on recent orders. They used to say same day shipping on orders placed by 5 pm, and I would often get my delivery either the next day or the following day. What I have found recently, however, is the shipping updates are not always accurate. This can obviously cause problems if no one (or the wrong person) is home when the package is delivered. NS is still my go to diaper for every day wear, but I wish the shipping info was more accurate. Another issue to consider is that the weather can play a role in the shipping process too. We have had quite a bit of snow in the region over the past few days.

dlwillow said:

1) That date is the estimated date and is clearly marked as such. You do understand that estimate does nit mean set in stone?

2) NorthShore is not the shipping company.

3) You come across as the type of customer that can not be pleased.

4) Ive has few problems with my orders and they have gone out of their way to make it right. I cannot speak highly enough about them. NorthShore is a quality company who genuinely cares about every customer.

North Shore: I get miffed at them charging me for shipping on $150 orders. For awhile I was only ordering their generic diapers, that I believe are made in Belgium and that I find the be 85 % as good as my beloved Abena L4... for my last order which was just before the new years, and huge.....I called them and they gave me code for free shipping.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW: there's huge snow storm that is greatly effecting cross country shipping. Probably, maybe couldn't be avoided....but I understand the sucks factor, per when you would be there ect.

Sadly, Northshore is at the mercy of Fedex. And there have been a slew of Fedex problems lately.

Adam has commented he is working with them to impliment a "leave at front door" option you can check. At least that way they won't keep coming by during the day and missing you.

I've worked in Supply Chain for a very long time and I don't think it's fair to blame a company for missing a shipping estimate. There are a lot factors that go into whether or not a package will make a shipping estimate and Northshore Care only has control over one of them. Namely, how quickly they get the package to the carrier. Once the carrier takes over, they have no control over what happens next. If you placed an order early in the day and the product was in stock but didn't ship out for 3 more days then that's a good reason to be upset but if they shipped it in a timely manner then that's not a legit reason to blame them. Right now the Mid-West is getting pounded with snow and even if you're not located in the Mid-West, doesn't mean that you're not going to be impacted by what's happening, the weather has a ripple effect.

Another thing to consider is the shipping estimate will be based on a box being shipped, if youve ordered samples it will likely come as a packet which are far more time consuming to sort and deliver.
Even where i am in the uk where i could drive to almost anywhere in the country in 12hrs, i still wouldnt expect a parcel to get to me in less than 48h purely because of time waiting to be scanned and sorted.

Well I assume I miss wrote it. But before you hit place order they tell you shipping date. So I saw that they would ship on the 8th. Now remember I placed at 9 pm on the 7th. Well the 8th went by no email. I just got home and received an email at 4 today the 9 th. It hasn’t even been logged at fedex. We all know it should be moving or show moving by 45 hrs.

- - - Updated - - -

So I guess you have never been disappointed... Me being disappointed because I work and try to calculate time to be home to catch package before anyone else makes me hard to please.
Never did I say I wouldn’t keep using them. I wrote on here so I can have others opinions. Not understanding why one would make a comment like this.

You can always have them hold it at a near by fedex...

FedEx is slow, but they rarely break/smash/crumple/steal your boxes. Give it to UPS and let's play roulette on if you get it in one piece, or in a condition the neighbor's don't know what it is.

FedEx it may take a little longer with them, but you'll get it in one piece.

Sorry it's not coming like you expected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I don't know about your area but up here when we get the tracking notice from fedex there is a link you can click to arrange a time for delivery,, you might look into that, Like others have mentioned once it leaves the original place it is subject to all sorts of delays unless you pay extra for overnight or next day you really have no recourse.

So far I’ve always had a good experience with NS. Having worked in the shipping industry and customer service my whole life, every company does their best to fulfil their clients orders in a timely manner. But just remember, poo [emoji90] happens. You need to have patience with them especially when they have been running a big sale all week. I do know that FedEx will leave your order on the front porch without a signature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mayhem said:
1) That date is the estimated date and is clearly marked as such. You do understand that estimate does nit mean set in stone?

2) NorthShore is not the shipping company.

3) You come across as the type of customer that can not be pleased.

4) Ive has few problems with my orders and they have gone out of their way to make it right. I cannot speak highly enough about them. NorthShore is a quality company who genuinely cares about every customer.

Good points, Mayhem. I guess I just got spoiled by the amazingly fast shipping on past orders. I'm considering doing the auto-ship so I don't have to worry about ordering in the future, though I do like to change it up a little once in a while.

dlwillow said:
They've recently went through a sale that pretty much cleaned out their warehouse. Because of that, they're held against manufacturer, transportation and other things that you don't see. The transportation industry is pretty shorthanded, this coupled with bad weather can mess up estimated shipping times and ect. Everyone is affected by this, not just you, not just Northshore, everyone in the country, residential or industrial.

ABU, Tykables, are both affected by this as well. They can't keep things in stock. It's out of everyone's control. There's no anyone can do about it, except wait.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Folks With Fed Ex The midwest hub is in Indianapolis Indiana for express shipments for Ground they go to Maumee (Toledo,Ohio) then get distributed out and I-80/90 has been hit hard with a foot of snow case in point I-94 From Benton Harbor Michigan to Battle Creek Michigan was closed due to a multi dozen car and semi truck pile ups causing injuries due to ZERO visibility same conditions happened on I-80-90 Greyhound cancelled Chicago to Cleveland services so If Greyhound cancels you know dang well semi's are parked and not moving. Besides Amtrak had issues Between Chicago and points East too. Also depending on how they did it You can get Fedex surepost which would also include USPS too so that will cause additional delays. UPS Ground / Air Operations are out of Rockford Illinois and that is just outside of Chicago so do not fret UPS is in same boat. If they cannot get planes to Louisville or trucks there also your package will be delayed . Gotta love mother Nature.

I too ordered from NS on the 8th and was told it would arrive on the 10th. Every shipment I've ever got from them takes 2 days to get to Louisiana. I went back on their website and checked the expected date on Saturday and saw that it will be here on Tuesday. Am I upset? No! There was a huge snowstorm in the Chicago area on Friday and my shipment sat in a Fedex facility in Illinois from 6:30pm on the 8th until 3:58pm on the 9th until it ever left for the Chicago facility. It didn't leave the Chicago facility until 9:30 the morning of the 10th. I can't blame Northshore. They shipped it the same day. Stuff happens.

Take note. There is a difference in time from when a company making an order ready to ship out and notifies fedex, versus when fedex actually picks up the shipment.

Sometimes thais alone can be up to 24 hours. Not because of the company, but because of fedex.

Also, many companies still operate with their total days being business days only. Meaning the weekend is often not counted (especially sunday). So if an order is made on friday, and it ships out on monday, that's still only a one business day turn around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back