New Depends for Millennials, (Goodnites xxl)Having trouble coming out to parents this may help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefurealfriends

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
With all the talk about size 8 pampers i took a look at the new depends page and oh my god.. they did it....depends for people 26-35 waist. To those larger than this you may no care, but for the many teens and young people this is goodnites/depends answer to goodnites xxl. A way to ask mom and dad, hay i know goodnites are for kids, so here is a product with a guy on it between 25 and 35. Yea, there just for guys/girls like me. It's even has a picture of a younger looking guy 30-35. Back in the day they had a size small. But these are smaller,
s_m_pack_men.jpg

yea its fureal..........

i thought nobody in their right mind would wanna buy depends

Pant Size: 26-34 in
flash_landing_banner.jpg

men_masthead_img.png

- - - Updated - - -

sorry im not sure if thats crotch shots,,,there just for age comparison

For the curious who don't want to look it up:
OldNew
S/M: 28-40 in
L/XL: 38-64 in
S/M: 26-34 in
L: 35-43 in
XL: 44-64 in

It looks like they are narrowing the ranges so that you get a better fit, and going with less of a one size fits all style of sizing

Hasn't it always been the case that the smallest size on depends packaging is really just the maximum size goodnites are designed to handle?

I wonder how long it'll be till there's a little message under every pack of l/xl goodnites and drynites stating 'for larger teens and young adults try depends'.
Just like pullups have for drynites,
Screenshot_2018-02-08-15-21-11.jpg

One good pee in depends and your pants get wet...leaks.

What are you taking about OP? Depends has had these for some time now. They are more commonly called real fit, but were available even before that marketing brand came about.

And they are not an equal to goodnites. They have a looser fit, less padding, and leak like sieve. They are good for only the lighest of stress leakage only.

If you really, really, want a pullup then take a look at Northshore gosupreme pullups. Take note though, these are among the best pulkups out there, but they are still only intended for light leakage. Moderate, full, or overnight wetting will still require a tapped diaper.

thefurealfriends said:
It's time to leave... every post i make is picked apart like a peace of pizza....i'm tired of it.....Depends are a good product and millions of people use.
people who are not abdl's. we sale cases a day! so why should i listen to you.....also....as a young person in a wheelchair is not going to get crinkles thats for another market...in the real world goodnites/depend listen when people said make goodnites bigger...So they found a work around smaller depends ....
i have been a dl all my life, i like to read adisc but i dont post....whats the point most of you are A@@holes....
(so moderator please delete my account )
i'll take my under-padded self elsewhere.........

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience here. I think people feel like they have carte blanche to dump on Depends because they're so prevalent and they don't measure up to what's available in the ABDL market. I have used Protection with Tabs with some frequency, although I think since they've come back to a plastic backed version (very good!) the tapes fail much more frequently than they used to. Point being, people should wear what they like.

Anyway, I just wanted to apologize and to give you the link for the process for closing your account should you choose to do so (your note to a moderator won't get it done): https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/83341-Account-Closure-Policy?

thank you for responding back, and to the kind emails...yes...i'm very sensitive...i'm sorry... i dont have anybody to talk to about this kinda thing....
It makes me mad when i get put down for no reason..I saw the post recently talking about the fact that every one is all emo during the winter. and all the chats are about emo things...
it was simple...., for those of use with cognitive disabilities

I have worn the realfits for light leaking and frequent urges at work , they work as advertised ,, they are not for full on bladder emptying, I don't fear spotting my pants at all when I let a few good leaks go in them,, my real complaint is they are very hot.
I would rather wear "Members Mark briefs " from sams club they are just a little bit better then the realfit hold a bit more and are not as hot. I wear something every day....overnight it is still a job for a better product , I use abea M4's

Would really prefer they just make a larger size drynite/goodnite.Depends absolutely suck.

Why I don’t see Depends marketing their tape diapers (which is more absorbent than their pull-ups) that much?

I think it's because most people who start developing incontinence issues start leaking minimally and like me when it started I was already embarrassed to be leaking anyway. Unless you know what your looking at if someone were to see your "underwear" it's not obvious it's a diaper. Their tapes style is kind or over kill for light issues. If your needing that kind of protection you know that the product is there.

The O.P. is also in a wheelchair. Not sure why, and, until he tells me, it's none of my business, but, being that cerebral palsy is the most common birth brain injury on earth, if I had to guess. . . and, that sometimes effects the hands, and the trunk, too, and, if that be his case, boosting on a pull-up can be so much easier than fiddling with demonic tabs! I can tell you that, for me, "Don't forget. You're disabled. AB, DL, or green with purple polka dots, don't you dare go weakening muscles, or losing skills," is an everpresent thought. He's probably just accommodating his disability, and trying to keep what's left of his continence. I understand that. The abri-wing, absorbency level 3, is marketed for those who need more protection than a pull-up, but can't fiddle with tabs, if you wanna try something else, O.P., but, fair warning, they may be a bit, "oldie locks."

thefurealfriends said:
With all the talk about size 8 pampers i took a look at the new depends page and oh my god.. they did it....depends for people 26-35 waist. To those larger than this you may no care, but for the many teens and young people this is goodnites/depends answer to goodnites xxl. A way to ask mom and dad, hay i know goodnites are for kids, so here is a product with a guy on it between 25 and 35. Yea, there just for guys/girls like me. It's even has a picture of a younger looking guy 30-35. Back in the day they had a size small. But these are smaller,
s_m_pack_men.jpg

yea its fureal..........

It is nice that KC offers an adult pull-on for a smaller waist size. I have tried the Real Fits a couple years back, and found that they felt thin and uncomfortable. I think there are some improvements that can be made with this product, to considerably increase their performance. Absorbency is still lacking, though, and they will be of limited use for those with very minor needs.

thefurealfriends said:
thank you for responding back, and to the kind emails...yes...i'm very sensitive...i'm sorry... i dont have anybody to talk to about this kinda thing....
It makes me mad when i get put down for no reason..I saw the post recently talking about the fact that every one is all emo during the winter. and all the chats are about emo things...
it was simple...., for those of use with cognitive disabilities

I didn't attack you personally, just pointed out a fact, and for a good reason. You were referencing abdls, who by our very nature do not normall pee in extremely small amounts, as you would get with someone who has stress leakage or minor dribbling.

You are right that depends work great- for how they are designed to work. And yes, millions of them are sold all the time.

However, depends simply isn't a diaper which abdls can typically ever use. Given our needs and usage, they really do suck bad and leak horribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back