Status
Not open for further replies.

hex000f

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Does anyone have any tips for doing this? I've tried twice last week and woke up every 2 hours or so. I've tried to do this a few times in the past and have NEVER slept well. I think its because I feel scared that someone is going to walk in on me while I'm fast asleep and cause some big scare. I've already been through such an experience before and though I got through it, it was NOT positive:

https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthr...-it-and-you-can-too-Don-t-give-up-on-yourself

I might also have trouble with this because I've had trouble with wearing to bed in the past, and only recently have been able to lock the door to my bedroom. I used to live in an old house without bedroom door lock. Also when my parents were away they'd have one of the staff members for the family farm let themselves in to walk the dog. I don't know what they would have said if they saw me asleep in a diaper. I didn't try to sleep with any other babyish accessories so I guess I could have passed myself off as a bed wetter. I'm not sure if my littlepawz diapers would have contradicted that though.

Even though I live somewhere else now and am sure that I can lock my bedroom door and not be disturbed I still need help with this.

I suppose if I had assurance that people wouldn't go crazy over this and just think I was a bed wetter it would be easier. My parents know so I don't need to worry about them though.

It sounds like there might be two problems here that are feeding into each other. 1) You're legitimately nervous based on past experience and that's making it hard for you to calm down and sleep and 2) Even if you have tried to sleep in a diaper, you're waking up because of some combination of you being conscious of the diaper physically and that leading into your existing nervousness and waking you.

The second part is easier to fix. I used to have the more typical problem of just being too excited to sleep well in diapers, but simple practice helps there, and now I actually find that I sleep better in a diaper than without because it's grown comfortable over time. So, practice. As far as legitimate nerves, that's about taking precautions and going over them, making sure that you're comfortable. Having your parents know already helps, and now you've got a door lock. Maybe try testing the lock a bit, make sure it really locks and you know how it works and feel comfortable with it, that might help set your mind at ease.

Reactions: hex000f
I doubt anything will help this besides time. I know the first week I had diapers to wear to bed I had to give up around 2am and take my diaper off so I could get to sleep. It was really annoying because I'd long had a fantasy of waking up in a diaper (wet or dry for that matter) and was really looking forward to that experience. But after a few weeks I was able to calm down enough to fall asleep, and it was an amazing experience for me the firs time waking up in the morning diapered.

Just keep it up and give it time.

If you wear something over your diaper, pajama pants, boxers, etc, even if some one was to walk in they won't see anything. Looks like everything else is covered now, just getting used to sleeping while wearing will take time. Good luck.

First, you need to be using diapers you can trust won't leak, all while lasting a full night.

Second, you need to overcome your fear of being walked in on. Get a door latch or lock if you have to.

Third, like the others have said, it takes time getting used to new situations.

I have lived alone for a long time and even then I was conscious of my diaper when trying to sleep even though I woke to wet sheets most mornings. It mostly affected me when inviting friends to spend the night. There was only one bathroom in my small flat and to get to it one had to walk through my bedroom. I am not shy about my body, but this seemed embarrassing.
The way I got over this, was first, home alone, close to bedtime I didn't wear anything but a diaper and t-shirt which is what I normally sleep in. And, if my diaper wasn't overly wet I went to bed. For some reason I found this elevated the worry that I would wet my nappy in the night. I guess because it was already wet. When I had friends over, I did the same thing but wore PJ bottoms. This did little to hide my diaper (Though I thought it did).
Some friends mentioned it and had typical questions, or didn't and were accepting or not; a few never returned. Some even stared to wear them also. Either way, I was happy to find good friends and get rid of the bad. I have since moved from that neighborhood and have a much better experience making new friends.
This helped, because as I became more comfortable around others, I became more comfortable with myself. Now, I am comfortable in my diaper and always wear them at night. It would be like me sleeping without my favorite teddy bear.
I hope this helps.

I had to get used to wearing to bed. The alternative, though, was wet sheets, so it was in my best interest to get used to it. It was tricky at first — velcro bunch, the feel of my padding, being warmer than usual — but within a week I had adjusted. It just takes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back