• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

So, Im a DL, What Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

DH19

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I first discovered I was a DL on a trip to Uinversal. I somehow began looking things up about babies and diapers, and this grew until I realized that for some odd reason. I have a desire to wear diapers. I have known about all this for like 20 months and have explored the community and my feeling throughout that time. Outside of my strange fascination, I enjoy gaming and performing in Shoe Choir; I feel like I shoild also mention that I am a runner, but it isn’t really something i enjoy. Anyways, back to why I’m here. Up until recently, I have fought my fetish. It would hit me every month or so, and i would eventualy fight it to the point where i kinda banished it away. However, I’ve decided that maybe there is another option. I joined this forum to help me deicde whether or not to accept my little fetish or to keep working to destroy it. Expanding on that, do you guys even think I can destroy it, snd if so, how? Would you guys get rid of yours if you had the chance? If i choose to accept it, what do i do now. I’m still with my parents anf can’t drive. I have stolen a few pullups from my much younger bedwetter sister, but they leak a lot and are kinda tight. Is there an alternative method to satisfying m my ever-so strange desires. I know I probably went a bit deep for an intro, but joining this forum is a big step for me, and I’ve been struggling with this for a long time. So... To embrace my feelings or to do my best to destroy them.

P.S. Just to make it clear I’m more of a diaper lover than an adult baby as even when i eas looking up stuff about babies, it was stemming from the diaper desires.

Last edited:
Hello DH19 and welcome to the group.

Very nice introduction.

My suggestion is to start reading the threads in AB/Little and Diaper talk forums.

This will help gain understanding.

Egor

Welcome to ADISC. I think you'll find we're biased in favor of self-acceptance of ABDL desires here. You'll have to decide if that's the right thing for you. I fought hard to purge these feelings from myself throughout my adolescence. I don't know if it made them any stronger but it sure didn't make them any weaker in the end and it was stressful and led to a lot of anxiety.

I feel like I didn't really start to make any helpful progress until I accepted that this was a weird thing I liked and while it wasn't socially acceptable, there wasn't anything intrinsically wrong with it. It took me a good while longer to start to see the positive aspects and I wouldn't stop these feelings now if I could.

Having made my bias clear, I think the best approach is to at least explore these feelings fairly and see what they entail. If it's something you can stop and you want to, it shouldn't be harder than any other habit, right? I'm sure the strength of this urge varies from ABDL to ABDL, so maybe you could stop if you really wanted to. Try to look at it as objectively as you can and see if it's worth the effort and if it needs to be done immediately. This won't do you any favors in dating but there are other aspects of yourself that will also have significant effects. For some, it will actually be a plus. You don't have to be perfect to be a good person. This weird part of you can be good if you use it right.

DH19 said:
I first discovered I was a DL on a trip to Uinversal. I somehow began looking things up about babies and diapers, and this grew until I realized that for some odd reason. I have a desire to wear diapers. I have known about all this for like 20 months and have explored the community and my feeling throughout that time. Outside of my strange fascination, I enjoy gaming and performing in Shoe Choir; I feel like I shoild also mention that I am a runner, but it isn’t really something i enjoy. Anyways, back to why I’m here. Up until recently, I have fought my fetish. It would hit me every month or so, and i would eventualy fight it to the point where i kinda banished it away. However, I’ve decided that maybe there is another option. I joined this forum to help me deicde whether or not to accept my little fetish or to keep working to destroy it. Expanding on that, do you guys even think I can destroy it, snd if so, how? Would you guys get rid of yours if you had the chance? If i choose to accept it, what do i do now. I’m still with my parents anf can’t drive. I have stolen a few pullups from my much younger bedwetter sister, but they leak a lot and are kinda tight. Is there an alternative method to satisfying m my ever-so strange desires. I know I probably went a bit deep for an intro, but joining this forum is a big step for me, and I’ve been struggling with this for a long time. So... To embrace my feelings or to do my best to destroy them.

P.S. Just to make it clear I’m more of a diaper lover than an adult baby as even when i eas looking up stuff about babies, it was stemming from the diaper desires.

Hi. It's really common to have doubts, or guilts, usually from other people. Probably not overt, more like attitudes people express with a lot of disdain regarding childish behavior. Playground in school comes to mind. Name calling like sissy or crybaby or like in Texas "titty-baby". In and around the time you were potty trained and so were the taunting by other kids. You had experiences where somebody else pees his/her panties accidentally and other kids picked on him/her.

Maybe some family member taunted you about wetting the bed. Lots of driveways into that parking lot. (I like metaphors) but once you're in, who do you tell? Your peers might understand but you can't coming out to them, Mom and Dad could be really awkward, some parents understand and accept, but there are the Other Kind too.

So you come to us to talk it off, compare experiences, It's wonderful. And we had the same experiences. Similar I mean. More like Ford Chevy and Subaru. Functionally no real differences. So welcome. It's so much better than having to hide your feelings.

Trevor said:
Welcome to ADISC. I think you'll find we're biased in favor of self-acceptance of ABDL desires here. You'll have to decide if that's the right thing for you. I fought hard to purge these feelings from myself throughout my adolescence. I don't know if it made them any stronger but it sure didn't make them any weaker in the end and it was stressful and led to a lot of anxiety.

I feel like I didn't really start to make any helpful progress until I accepted that this was a weird thing I liked and while it wasn't socially acceptable, there wasn't anything intrinsically wrong with it. It took me a good while longer to start to see the positive aspects and I wouldn't stop these feelings now if I could.

Having made my bias clear, I think the best approach is to at least explore these feelings fairly and see what they entail. If it's something you can stop and you want to, it shouldn't be harder than any other habit, right? I'm sure the strength of this urge varies from ABDL to ABDL, so maybe you could stop if you really wanted to. Try to look at it as objectively as you can and see if it's worth the effort and if it needs to be done immediately. This won't do you any favors in dating but there are other aspects of yourself that will also have significant effects. For some, it will actually be a plus. You don't have to be perfect to be a good person. This weird part of you can be good if you use it right.
Great post covering all the angles. I'd like to think I knew pretty early but life limits us on embracing sometimes. This community is incredibly larger than you think and it is very interesting to read about everyone's story on this forum. The biggest part of acceptance is realizing that this life is a part of us and can rarely be shaken away. Too many people of different childhood, relationship status, employment, gender, background and race for it to not be "in" us. There is virtually no pin-pointed common thread between any of us that I've discovered which is probably the most remarkable thing. Read it. Live it. Enjoy it. We will be here.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back