What are your predictions for the disposable diaper market in the 2020’s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtoddler96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Since we’re only two years away from
the 2020’s, I was wondering how the diapers would look like during the next decade. Any ideas? For the ABDL market, I personally predicted that there would be more all-blue and all-pink ABDL diapers (possibly in other colors too), as well as the first 7000 ml ABDL diaper being released. I think the non-ABDL adult diaper market will remain the same, but I don’t know about the baby diaper market (maybe gender-specific baby diapers coming back again?). What are your predictions or ideas?

Assuming we're not using them to deal with the side effects of radiation poisoning, I imagine the next trend is making them biodegradable.

It's hard to say how the ABDL market will change- if more and more people find this interest, it could well keep growing. 4 years ago I would never have expected to see this many separate ABDL companies making diapers.

If we're lucky, it'll fall into the 'semi-mainstream' kinks like BDSM.

There's going to be some patents running out in the next decade that should allow for some varying fits on the diapers as well as better fluid channeling in the cores. Absorbent materials are more or less at the state of the art, but moving the fluid around in the diaper is still patented by the big baby diaper companies for the most part, so that should get nicer once the patents run out. More mixtures of cloth-like and plastic too, I think, and perhaps experimentation with some other shell materials.

I predict there will be custom printed diapers in the near future.

And I hope ABDL diapers in general will be less expensive...

I don't think much change will happen. Apart from more ABDL related nappies and more choice nothing much has really changed in the past 20 years. I personally hope this kink doesn't become more mainstream as I like when its discreet. I don't want to flaunt it liking nappies.

The abdl market trends contunue to show they are becoming easier to obtain and carried by more companies. I wouldn't be surprised if this contunues.

The non-abdl market shoud contunue to change as well. For decades, the main stream companies have been following the needs of baby boomers- and still are. Even a few years ago I predicted that as they continue to age, they will begin to need more than just pullups.

I did say we will see the return of tapped plastic diapers. And sure enough, Depends has already brought them back. We will likely continue to slightly better diapers being stocked in stores as the trend contunues.

You would be surprised at the number of non-ABDLs who are buying the ABDL diapers. ABUniverse just can't keep their products in stock, and Bambino is not as well known. And then there's North Shore, who is also having difficulties with both the Crinklz and Better Drys.

As much as I hope for the opposite, I wouldn't be surprised to see more cloth-backed ABDL options in the coming years. Many of us who remember the plastic-backed diapers of our youth prefer ABDL diapers to follow the same pattern. With younger ABDL's becoming old enough to buy their own diapers, I could see their preferences being towards what they remember as a kid as well. Personally I'd like to see some of the baby diaper companies return to plastic backed diapers, but when you consider the uproar over pollution and how companies try to be 'green', I don't see it happening. For adult diapers, we can express our opinion that plastic backed diapers perform better, which will encourage a brand like Depend to bring back previous products. Babies can't express their opinions on the matter, so it's all up to the baby diaper companies to make that decision.

Obviously better quality. More prints, better/new types of tapes, etc.

bigtoddler96 said:
the first 7000 ml ABDL diaper being released.

That would be absolutely ridiculous. No one is ever going to wear a diaper to that kind of capacity. You'd be in that diaper for more than a day, that's not even healthy.

Besides, we don't need to keep making diapers thicker and thicker, some of us would like a thinner diaper option, like the ABU preschools, so we can actually wear our diapers out of the house.

7000 ml is literally stupid and unrealistic.

MaxiPad89 said:

But how do you really feel?

Are you going to tell the kids on the cancer ward that Santa isn't real, too?

MaxiPad89 said:
That would be absolutely ridiculous. No one is ever going to wear a diaper to that kind of capacity. You'd be in that diaper for more than a day, that's not even healthy.

Besides, we don't need to keep making diapers thicker and thicker, some of us would like a thinner diaper option, like the ABU preschools, so we can actually wear our diapers out of the house.

That's also their lab tested capacity. Quite often, the real world capacity is half of that.

Though 3500 ml capacity is more than anyone would be using for 24/7 use. Even the 2000 ml I get with Betterdry often goes unused just because I want to avoid rashes and smelling bad.

Slomo said:
Even the 2000 ml I get with Betterdry often goes unused just because I want to avoid rashes and smelling bad.

Exactly. All you're doing with a 7000ml diaper is making it thick.

So what Slomo is saying is that we only use 10 percent of our diaper's capacity. Big Toddler thinks we might one day be able to use our diapers to their fullest potential.

This new brand of diaper will be made by Luc Besson and David Bowie's Changes will play every time you pull on a pair.

I think that large amounts of people are getting older, and will really need them. So the Diaper company’s will see a large demand for them and will make more of them in different styles. More TV adds more common place
More to choose from

MaxiPad89 said:

Of course you want thin. Have you checked out Depend products? I think those are exactly what you are looking for. Now leave us alone, please!

TheWolfEmperor said:
So what Slomo is saying is that we only use 10 percent of our diaper's capacity. Big Toddler thinks we might one day be able to use our diapers to their fullest potential.

This new brand of diaper will be made by Luc Besson and David Bowie's Changes will play every time you pull on a pair.

Not 10. Close to 50. And thats with Betterdry. Less absorbent diapers are going to need to hit more like 80+ capacity- and in less time. Of course, the closer you take any diaper to it's max, the more likely they are to leak. Heck, some will leak at less than 50 anyways, but theres a lot of factors involved in these numbers. Everyone will get different results.

I guess more environmentally friendly nappies, alternatives to plastic, though that's not what most ABDL's want to hear!

Also (though it will probably take longer than a decade) in the incontinence market I expect absorbent material technology to progress towards the existence of normal-looking underwear that can contain a full bladder, or more... who knows, one day everyone might wear them ;)

Slomo said:
Not 10. Close to 50. And thats with Betterdry. Less absorbent diapers are going to need to hit more like 80+ capacity- and in less time. Of course, the closer you take any diaper to it's max, the more likely they are to leak. Heck, some will leak at less than 50 anyways, but theres a lot of factors involved in these numbers. Everyone will get different results.

You do know I was joking right?

Because people think we only use 10 percent of our brains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back