Coming Soon? Pampers Baby-Dry Size 8

HappyNappin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I know this only applies to those in the uk with an interest in baby sized nappies, but today I noticed asda has baby dry for sale in new packaging.
This was only on the 100 pack or size 3, with 'air channels' but there is a new size chart and it looks like p&g are having a major shake up of the sizing.
Size 6+ is gone, size 6 is now the weight range is close to what 5+ was, size 7 is now 15+kg, so what 6 was and finally, a new size 8 !, but its only rated at 17+kg so what size 6+ was when it was launched, and then what size 7 was when size 6 got smaller with the current 'magic pod' design.
This is possibly just another case of pampers trying to con parents out of money.

Unfortunately the pack with this on was right at the front of the store on a promotional shelf so i was hesitant to start taking pictures.

I'm going on the lookout for a pack in the new size, so will try and get pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384
Ohh cool. It'll be interesting to see. Thanks for sharing.

Trying to find any info about the new air channel baby dry, all i can find is this german article, https://www.presseportal.de/pm/72390/3855690

Looks like germanys finally getting size 7 pampers, and there rated for 18+kg

Got bored so went to my local 24h asda they had size 3 and 6 of the new baby dry on the shelves.
So this is the range on the size 3
IMAG0281.jpg

And this is the more streamlined range on the size 6
IMAG0283.jpg

My phone camera is terrible with artificial lights.

So what is the KG or pounds rating on the Size 8?

I'd like to see some more proof on this. I hope you can get photos when the size 8 does arrive on shelves.

More than likely p&g are trying to capitalise on the special needs market for older incontinent children

I did some random google searching when I read this post this morning and I am thinking that this might just be some redesign of packaging because a lot of results coming up were listing a 'size 8,' but it was simply another identifier on the Underjams. It would be interesting to be proven wrong, but given how their size 7 was brought in and now is more or less not carried in stores I honestly cant see them all of a sudden jumping on a size bigger then that even if it was aimed at a special needs market without some sort of press about it.

But we know that size 7 was not really a true size 7. That's why they didn't sale really well. Not becsuse size 6 was enough.

12srepaid said:
But we know that size 7 was not really a true size 7. That's why they didn't sale really well. Not becsuse size 6 was enough.

Yeah, we've all be taught to be pretty skeptical of Pampers sizing in recent years. Even when the size 7 Cruisers were first introduced, they were no larger than a 6 in anything else. And then, about 18 months ago, they were actually reduced in size and are now smaller than the old size 6's--of which Luvs 6 is the only survivor, making it the largest.

Perhaps because of the numbers (i.e. 7), there seems to be a misconception that baby diapers have been getting larger. The opposite is true.

Interesting to see what develops. Might have to buy some and take a look at them.

So what you're saying is this size 8 is really a size 7? With the others shrinking in size? Just to make more money

Thats what I'm assuming, most of the weight raitings have been reduced, some sizes have been dropped, what was active fit nappies look to be being discontinued,
Weight-Ranges-Nappy-Chart-desktop-horizontal-605.jpg

So those are the new weight raitings, but the old packaging designs, compare that with the range circa 2016
Stand_Alone_Nappy_Overview_UK_MSP.jpg

Reactions: Dolphin
Pictures

some pictures of the german packaging with the "Air Channels".

That's actually stupid, I don't understand though, why have two different pants that literally do the same thing. Makes no sense. And for them to make a 'bigger size' while actually reducing sizes is stupid. Parents will pay good money for bigger sizes. I work in a nursery (preschool for you Americans) and there are toddlers there who need bigger nappies. These parents might spend money on them but not get what they think they're getting.

CookieMonstah said:
That's actually stupid, I don't understand though, why have two different pants that literally do the same thing. Makes no sense. And for them to make a 'bigger size' while actually reducing sizes is stupid. Parents will pay good money for bigger sizes. I work in a nursery (preschool for you Americans) and there are toddlers there who need bigger nappies. These parents might spend money on them but not get what they think they're getting.

What I find funny is p&G are not even making as much money on baby diapers anymore. You would think that would push them to the special needs, bedwetting, teenager, older kids, and adult market. It is really sad that teenager sizes fall through the gaps in terms of diapers. The only reason I can see them not wanting to get into the adult market, at least in America, is because of companies already having good deals. Most hospitals and elderly places simply order the cheapest diaper they can, or they might have a service that does it for them and they don't think twice about it.

Side Note:
Personally I feel like it is a load of bull that our society prevents these things. IMO there is nothing wrong with P&G opening a different branch company to supply a different market but I know their be some idiot mom screaming or complaining, trying to make the company look SO BAD, SO EVIL over some products she doesn't even wear."IT IS DISGUSTING TO HAVE THESE PEDOS IN THIS COMPANIES DIAPERS.THEY ARE SUPPORTING PEDOPHILIA!!!!!", that is the kind of cancer that would be shouted, and then the company be forced to disband the company or lose profits. As long as the company isn't doing anything wrong and there is a market for it, WHO CARES IF THEY WANT TO SUPPLY SOMEONE WITH LARGER BABIER DIAPERS. If there isn't a market for it, it will fail on its own.

Reactions: BabyBluePup
Just curious maybe. It will fit 33. Inch waist.

Wow, size 8 is pretty insane (probably would fit an average 5 year old). I have never heard of a size 8 diaper before, because I used to assume that a typical baby will wear diapers for 3 years and going through 5-6 sizes before being potty trained.

bigtoddler96 said:
Wow, size 8 is pretty insane (probably would fit an average 5 year old). I have never heard of a size 8 diaper before, because I used to assume that a typical baby will wear diapers for 3 years and going through 5-6 sizes before being potty trained.

They already do. Growth charts list 40lb (18kg) as 50th percentile for a 5-year-old. Size 6 are listed as 35lb+, while 4t-5t Pull-Ups are given a range of 38-50 lb (just to reference a possible upper weight range). Fun fact, 50lb is actually 50th percentile for a 7-year-old.

Some pictures of the german Pampers packaging with the new "Air Channels".

Back