Coming Soon? Pampers Baby-Dry Size 8

i heard that its the same size as 7 but with bit more absorbency

Ilovepullups said:
That'd be sad if there was a 50lbs 3y/o

It's not strictly about overweight Toddlers, it's more about kids that get potty trained later, either because it's hard to PT them, or they have legitimate Medical/developmental Disabilities.

Anyone else has tried this diaper? Can a man with 85cm waist squeeze into it?
How does the size conpared to the Pampers premium protection size 6?

BabyTyrant said:
It's not strictly about overweight Toddlers, it's more about kids that get potty trained later, either because it's hard to PT them, or they have legitimate Medical/developmental Disabilities.

Not only that, but more families have 2 full time working parents who can't be there to do the potty training.

mayhem said:
Not only that, but more families have 2 full time working parents who can't be there to do the potty training.

This is another good point. Families literally have to book time off work to potty train their children, some can't afford this and some just don't want to on their time off.

User19991 said:

It's probably the same as most "fits" in the sense that you might be able to tape it on but in turns of appearance and effectiveness it won't actually fit. It'd probably look odd but if you want to wear it then all the power to you.

User19991 said:

I just bought a sample set of 2 on ebay and can fit into it. I have a 34in waist & weigh 195 lbs. I noticed that they don't seem to be as low-rise as size 6 and 7 and come up a bit further on each side.

I bought a pack of 27 on ebay about 2 months ago. ABUniverse was the seller. :)

I picked up a pack finally yesterday, fits just like the size 7s where it fits but the tapes are so stretched it's a bit uncomfortable. I use the extenders from ConvertUps.

Just did a length test at full stretch. Got 48cm for the size 7s and 50cm for the size 8s.

Last edited:
CookieMonstah said:
I picked up a pack finally yesterday, fits just like the size 7s where it fits but the tapes are so stretched it's a bit uncomfortable. I use the extenders from ConvertUps.

Just did a length test at full stretch. Got 48cm for the size 7s and 50cm for the size 8s.

I see, sadly they didnt make the tapes longer, you can just cut the tapes of the first diaper to extend the next diaper, no need for the overpriced ConvertUps.

annyone has sizes of the new pampers easy up size 7? how big is it compared to size 6?

no? we only tape diapes here?

Keep in mind, too, that children to come in all shapes and sizes. A 3 year old in the 99th percentile for height needs a larger diaper than one in the 50th percentile. The increased range allows for parents to put their kids in diapers that are better suited to their bodies than the size range before.

While not advertised as so, I think of size 7 and 8 diapers geared towards bigger kids with developmental problems, disabilities, and even cancer. Not so much for kids that are potty trained late.

12srepaid said:
Not so much for kids that are potty trained late.
Maybe, I know my friends 3 kids when at age 2 1/2 were pretty big (tall and filling out) my friends wife had concerns / stresses about what to do after size 6 diapers started getting tight on them.

Well after are size 6 demo at work it seems that people want a size 7 or 8 it's not that kids are older as much as they are getting tall and Americans in general are getting much taller. These kids are around 2-3.

thefurealfriends2 said:
Well after are size 6 demo at work it seems that people want a size 7 or 8 it's not that kids are older as much as they are getting tall and Americans in general are getting much taller. These kids are around 2-3.
I agree, my friends kids are like little tanks.

I do agree that toddlers are taller. It just bothers me when people disses the larger sizes. Surely some kids need larger size diapers, and It's none of their business why.

Last edited:
PaddedBrony said:
Keep in mind, too, that children to come in all shapes and sizes. A 3 year old in the 99th percentile for height needs a larger diaper than one in the 50th percentile. The increased range allows for parents to put their kids in diapers that are better suited to their bodies than the size range before.

I don't think businesses generally cater for the 99th percentile.

12srepaid said:
While not advertised as so, I think of size 7 and 8 diapers geared towards bigger kids with developmental problems, disabilities, and even cancer. Not so much for kids that are potty trained late.

I mostly disagree with this, if an older child are not developmentally stunted, I don't think he or she would like to have the same prints as baby diapers, and even for those that are and don't mind or might even prefer it, I own some size 8 diapers, and can see them being practical diapers for kids past the age of four or so.

Back