Coming Soon? Pampers Baby-Dry Size 8

bambinod said:
Even moderately autistic individuals (of any age) can be difficult or impossible to toilet-train. They tend to be stubborn and just don't care ;)

I think it's a bit more complicated than an autistic kid just being stubborn or simply not caring.

You're right, it's not just autism, but other disabilities too.

12srepaid said:
I think it's a bit more complicated than an autistic kid just being stubborn or simply not caring.

fetish community has been growing by a quadrillion thats also a factor here, and they pay more even if they choose to up prices.

Robin955 said:
So size6+ is the same as size 7 baby dry?

so size 8 will be bigger then?
Not quite, size 6 and 6+ should be the same size, but the 6+ is last years design in new pakaging, the nappies haven't been updated.
Size 7 hasn't got any smaller, and 8 should be bigger in some dimention.

michaelmc said:
No size 8 is the same size as the old 7 its a change around of sizes nothing bigger saddly
Pampers have changed the weight ranges on the packaging, the size of the nappies hasn't changed much.
Size 8 should be a new size, not just a different print on a size 7.

12srepaid said:

Think that was ment to be a humorous poke at the disproportionate amount of abdl's on 'the spectrum'.

HappyNappin said:
Not quite, size 6 and 6+ should be the same size, but the 6+ is last years design in new pakaging, the nappies haven't been updated.
Size 7 hasn't got any smaller, and 8 should be bigger in some dimention.

Pampers have changed the weight ranges on the packaging, the size of the nappies hasn't changed much.
Size 8 should be a new size, not just a different print on a size 7.

Think that was ment to be a humorous poke at the disproportionate amount of abdl's on 'the spectrum'.

but your previous post about current size 7 vs cruisers 7, the baby dry 7 were smaller by quite a bit. even tho i got cruisers 7 and baby dry 6+ they're more or less same size just little bit in lenght. so the baby dry 7 is what compared to 6+?

so size 8 baby dry should be larger than cruisers 7 then?

But the new 7 is the same size as the old 7 so surely the 8 is going to slightly bigger....The fact its not released yet may suggest its going to be bigger as so odd to advertise a product but its not available.

sorry guys i heard from Pampers and P&G today...The size 8 is just going to be the same size as the current 7 and with more absobancy so a 7+ i guess.

Shame but also i guess we wont know til we see and measure them!

"Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us here at Pampers. I’d love to help you with your question today.

The size 8 is currently being produced and will be on store shelves as of August. Although we have adapted our weight ranges to better fit all babies the size 7 has not changed in terms of size and absorption so you can continue to use this nappy as it has the same performance and fit that you are used to from the size 7. The size 8 will be slightly more absorbent than the size 7.

I hope this helps but if you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best wishes,"

"Thank you for getting back to me.

The size 8 nappies that are coming out in our Baby Dry range will be the same size as the size 7 nappies but provide extra absorbency for those little ones that need it.

I hope this answers your question, but if you have any further questions or issues, please feel free to let me know.

Best wishes,"

It kind of makes sense for them to not increase the size. Any bigger and you're already in the size range of a small adult diaper or pullup. Like the ones their parent company already makes. Bigger baby diapers would be a conflict of their own self interest.

Slomo said:
It kind of makes sense for them to not increase the size. Any bigger and you're already in the size range of a small adult diaper or pullup. Like the ones their parent company already makes. Bigger baby diapers would be a conflict of their own self interest.
That would be the case if KC where to bring out a larger size of pull-ups or drynites/goodnites, or a small size depend as there's already enough overlap in there product ranges.
But for P&G, in europe at least the largest size of baby dry is the end of the line, there's no pants for toilet training or bedwetting.
Then theres a big gap in there range till you get to the always 'bladder weakness' pants, and there's no small size. No unisex or male equivalent, no heavy absorbency tabbed products are offered, there missing out on a big bit of the market.

I agree HappyNappin. Personally I think the overlap would be good, and let customers choose which product is best for him/her.

Wouldn't it make more sense to make tape diapers for ages 5+ rather than just wait for Kimberly-Clark and Proctor & Gamble to make them? Like, for an independent company to manufacture them? I'm pretty sure some diapers for the 4-13 demographic exist, but am also certain they're rare.

If what I can gather from this thread is they're screwing around with the consumer if it's to be believed that the sizes have never really changed.

ZetaSonic said:
Wouldn't it make more sense to make tape diapers for ages 5+ rather than just wait for Kimberly-Clark and Proctor & Gamble to make them? Like, for an independent company to manufacture them? I'm pretty sure some diapers for the 4-13 demographic exist, but am also certain they're rare.

If what I can gather from this thread is they're screwing around with the consumer if it's to be believed that the sizes have never really changed.

I agree on both points. However, I do believe that the 4-13 demographics needing diapers/pull-ups is more than rare.

The problem isn't the sizes not changing, it's that they have shrunk their existing sizes so sizes 6 and 7 are a lot smaller than they used to be, so this size 8 may just end up being a lot closer to a true 6 or 7 than an actual bigger size.

It also seems the absorbent part has shrunk a lot as well, the top part (where the character strip is) is bare, as is a lot of the back, leading to probably only 50% of the diaper being absorbent.

However I'm not sure how apparent/important these things are to parents; i would guess they (pampers) are probably pretty safe so long as they actually fit the sizes they claim and idk if they have shrunk that much.

It all seems like a mind game to us as they are basically lying about sizes and introducing "Bigger" sizes simply because they can charge more for less that way.

Anyways that's my perspective without having kids to actually know how much the sizes have changed in the practical sense.

I bought Pampers Progressi size 6+ from Italy and they are bigger than our size 7 baby dry.

IMG_20180323_113346.jpg
Baby Dry Size 7 (available in Germany since a few weeks)
I took this picture a few days ago in a local store :detective2:

LittleFellow said:
View attachment 30674
Baby Dry Size 7 (available in Germany since a few weeks)
I took this picture a few days ago in a local store :detective2:

8 is 17+ kg

Dodot is the same as pampers, just different name, and I remember they existed before on size 6.

They just made more inbetween sizes. Is sad that the max size in my country is 13+ only now. See the evolution:

928003782_1_644x461_fraldas-dodot-etapas-6-17-28kg-gondomar.jpg

002189643_280_220.jpg

pTRUIB1-7629185reg.jpg

Wouldn't be any point to Drynites if a larger size isn't wanted

They are very expensive and not that absorbent, a pampers size 6 will absorb more and cost 1/4 but the size is smaller.

Does not make sense to have size 6-7-8 all being the same size, every size by number should be larger, as far as i know the size 5 swaddlers are as absorbent as size 7 swaddlers, as you can see drynites sells for a premium and alot of people does buy them, so why not let pampers make a baby dry size 8?

also the taps on baby dry 6+ are better than cruisers 7 and swaddlers 7, the tabs on swaddlers 7 in terms of sticking are the top notch, if they had that on baby dry 7 and 8 that would make a big difference.

Baby dry size 8 should be bigger than 7 obviously and hopefully they do a noticeable difference, if they can compete with drynites with better price and absorbency which they already have i think this can be bigger than what they expect, i know people want tape diapers over pull ups aswell.

Hope they do a pants size 7 too.

17kg+ is the only concern for the size 8

as cruisers 7 and swaddlers 7 is already 19+

pretty confident cruisers are 19+ because they are made out of more solid and thug material that can take a bigger beating than baby dry 6+ and that the nappy is more or less the same size.

I noticed another new version/generation of Pampers is available so I bought various packs for tests.
I am from Central Europe. There are a lot of factories across Europe, manufacture technologies are slightly different... so these results are measured of samples: PAMPERS 6 made in GERMANY and PAMPERS 7 made in UK.

Product nameLength 2017Length 2018
Pampers baby dry 6 (GER)55,50cm53,00cm
Pampers premium protection 6 (GER)/56,00cm
Pampers active fit 6 (GER) 56,00cm? (didn't brought it)
Pampers baby dry 7 (UK)55,60cm56,00cm

Photos:

So Pampers shrunk new generation of PAMPERS baby dry 6.
Since 2012 to 2017 the length used to be 55,50-56,00 cm and now is 53,00 cm.

And new Pampers 7 a 8 are introduced.
Pampers 7 is old Pampers 6. (people say that stretch sides are more longer - i didn't noticed it)

And according available news about Pampers 8 - they are just more absorbent current Pampers 7.
So they are actually old Pampers 6+ (plus version is the same size version with more absorbency).

That's very sleazy to introduce a new size, but it's not really a new size.

Aviben said:
I noticed another new version/generation of Pampers is available so I bought various packs for tests.
I am from Central Europe. There are a lot of factories across Europe, manufacture technologies are slightly different... so these results are measured of samples: PAMPERS 6 made in GERMANY and PAMPERS 7 made in UK.

Product nameLength 2017Length 2018
Pampers baby dry 6 (GER)55,50cm53,00cm
Pampers premium protection 6 (GER)/56,00cm
Pampers active fit 6 (GER) 56,00cm? (didn't brought it)
Pampers baby dry 7 (UK)55,60cm56,00cm

Photos:

So Pampers shrunk new generation of PAMPERS baby dry 6.
Since 2012 to 2017 the length used to be 55,50-56,00 cm and now is 53,00 cm.

And new Pampers 7 a 8 are introduced.
Pampers 7 is old Pampers 6. (people say that stretch sides are more longer - i didn't noticed it)

And according available news about Pampers 8 - they are just more absorbent current Pampers 7.
So they are actually old Pampers 6+ (plus version is the same size version with more absorbency).

Fun fact. The baby on the Size 7 is on the American Size 6.

Back