EmilyFluff

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody else has experienced seizures that can result in incontinence. I get absence or atonic seizures that can make me have an accident without warning. Because they're unpredictable, I chose to wear 100% of the time.

This all started for me after a concussion from a bad bike accident. Luckily I was wearing my helmet, so it was just a significant concussion, and not "brains on the outside of my body." I briefly lost consciousness, but didn't go to the doctor til a few days later since I thought I'd shaken it off (aside from the scrapes and bruises, but I know how to handle those). After a bit of back and forth between doctors and units, and various scans, they determined I was likely epileptic from the concussion, but at least wasn't experiencing a brain bleed or anything potentially lethal.

Since then, I've had frequent episodes where I lose awareness of my surroundings (and maybe time too? It's really hard to tell, a lot of the time it feels almost like TV static flickering on and off like a dying lightbulb in my head) and if my bladder was full, it's let go. Also I've dropped a lot of things like this, and fallen over a few times.

For the people aware of this, they at least are understanding when I go into the bathroom carrying my bag with me. Though I keep the ABDL interests on the down-low.

Even mild concussions have been know to cause all kinds of neurological problems- epilepsy included. While I personally haven't heard of this exact scenario, it certainly sounds plausible.

Glad to see you seem to be coping with it well enough.

I have hydrocephalus (blockage that prevents fluid from draining from the brain, requiring a drainage tube called a shunt) as a result of a brain bleed as a preemie. I wet the bed starting when I was 14 in 8th grade. I only have gotten absence seizures before where I appear to space out and have wet myself, but not often. I have issues with wetting myself from not going to the bathroom in time so I may start wearing GoodNites during the day. (unless I can find pull-ups that fit me more discreetly since I'm petite and wear a size youth large underwear). I wore them to bed until college when they started leaking 5 years ago, but they could work for me during the day when I don't wet as much. At night I wear ConfiDry 24/7 now as of January when I finally realized how much laundry Depends were making for me.

I grew up with epilepsy and had seizures well into my adult years. When I was young I used to have mainly 'grand mal' seizures where I lost consciousness but eventually when I started wetting myself at school they figured that I was having occassional petit mal or absence seizures. It was very embarassing. And there werent the kind of disposable products back then that are available now. Nobody wanted to be my partner for projects or have me on any sports team. I was put on antiseizure meds at any early age of course. Some of these meds were difficult in their own right. I remember hating having to take phenobarbital for instance, which I didn't like. I empathize with anybody who has gone through it or is going through it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty commom really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back