My Crinklz just arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkjo

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Ordered from NappiesRUs. The delivery is surprisingly quick, I ordered it yesterday afternoon and they just arrived today (around 24 hours after the order). Compared to Rearz Safari that I tried before, they are lighter and thinner, and the backing feels softer. The only problem is the tapes, they can rip the wings if you aren't careful when readjusting it. I'm guessing it's not as absorbent as the Safari, but I'm still testing it. Flooded it once and it handles without any problem. The wetness indicator is barely noticeable, but it's there.

And despite its name, it's not very crinkly, since the material is rather soft.

Update : Just wet them the third time and still no leaks. It swells quite a lot though.

Last edited:
they have really good front and back elastic, and a slightly stretchy shell, so don't tape up as tight as usual, let the elastic do the work. They'll hold up fine and be more comfortable.

bambinod said:
they have really good front and back elastic, and a slightly stretchy shell, so don't tape up as tight as usual, let the elastic do the work. They'll hold up fine and be more comfortable.

It's definitely more stretchy than the Safari. However the tapes can be a bit risky since they can rip the outer plastic.

darkjo said:
It's definitely more stretchy than the Safari. However the tapes can be a bit risky since they can rip the outer plastic.

I've worn them quite a bit and never torn the shell. You just have to avoid taping them too tight.

bambinod said:
I've worn them quite a bit and never torn the shell. You just have to avoid taping them too tight.

I mean I accidently ripped them while trying to readjust the tapes. I'm still a total baby in terms of taping :p

darkjo said:
I mean I accidently ripped them while trying to readjust the tapes. I'm still a total baby in terms of taping :p

Yeah you have to be careful with those. The shell is soft but easy to tear.

bambinod said:
Yeah you have to be careful with those. The shell is soft but easy to tear.

Yep. I want to try ABU Space after this one, do they have readjustable tapes? (Like on the Safari, where the tapes won't tear the outer shell).

darkjo said:
Yep. I want to try ABU Space after this one, do they have readjustable tapes? (Like on the Safari, where the tapes won't tear the outer shell).

Yes.

I'm still waiting for my Crinklz too from Northshore. (back order)

Does Northshore sell samples of Crinklz? I've been dying to try them.

It looks like the smallest order you can do is 1 pack (15 diapers).

I just tried BetterDry's, same as Crinklz, and they're pretty great. I was hesitant to try them because I couldn't find anyone doing a easily comparable test on their absorbency. They're definitely worth it and they're very comfortable.

Oh but you can get samples from here:
http://www.wearingclouds.com/product/crinklz-new-print/

Crinkles are great when I want something other than "hospital white". I like some patterns, and really like the absorbency of the skulls and black from Rearz. But - I do Not like the Web effect from them. What I mean is, when you adjust the sides, and pull them to avoid wrinkles that commonly occur, there is a webbing of the fibers. Not a fan of that. I wish they'd be more like NorthShore, where I can run my fingers around, and straighten out the flaps, from front to back, without looking like I played games with a silkworm.

At Northshore it says they are back ordered until the 26th. I shouldn’t have used the “hold and ship when complete” option. Looks like I’m waiting on 3 different cases until then.

On a positive note, I’ll probably have some extra space by then.

I have updated my avatar accordingly.

Last edited:
Reginabdl said:
Does Northshore sell samples of Crinklz? I've been dying to try them.

Northshore is well known to send out samples, I thought they had 2pc samples of most diapers available on their storefront? I'd suggest calling them.
Or you can pm northshoreadam here.

bambinod said:
Northshore is well known to send out samples, I thought they had 2pc samples of most diapers available on their storefront? I'd suggest calling them.
Or you can pm northshoreadam here.

Thank you Bambino. :)

Just ordered some Crinklz myself so i can try them. First printed diaper :)

Crinklz are great! I just hate the second chance tapes on them! If they had a landing zone and adjustable tapes they would be so much better! And they're the only nappy I've found that fit perfectly so far (Gonna be trying some Fabine very soon! Hopefully they fit nicely too)

BusterBunny said:
Crinklz are great! I just hate the second chance tapes on them! If they had a landing zone and adjustable tapes they would be so much better! And they're the only nappy I've found that fit perfectly so far (Gonna be trying some Fabine very soon! Hopefully they fit nicely too)

I'm ecstatic they don't have a landing zone! I have that with the Safaris and it sucks, I can't get a good fit (and get leaks as a result). The Crinklz / Betterdry I can get to fit perfectly, first time every time (don't need to worry about reapplying the tapes) and never leak!

BusterBunny said:

I don't know about that. A landing zone forces the lower tapes to be moved up higher- right at the middle of the wings. This leaves no good way to get a snug fit around the legs- which leads to premature leaks.

Even with the current bad tapes, at least you can get a good 8-12 hours of use out of them. Move those tapes up and the potential for leaks will cut that usable time in half.

Really we need the old style of tapes where the shell itself was sturdy enough to not rip, and the tapes were strong enough to be adjusted multiple times. Not this current second chance tapes OR limited taping area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back