Had My First Accident in a while at Work Today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicfan9389

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Today I hadn't gone to the bathroom since I got up. About 6 hours later I felt a bad need to go after being so focused on my work and not feeling anything. By the time I got to the bathroom I had wet myself. I did this every so often at school growing up and sometimes happens at work. Today's accident got me nervous about hiding it better though. Especially if I end up wetting heavily. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to hide my accidents? My doctor just suggested protection last when I told him after I had just finished high school. I never really wore anything because I was always able to find a way to hide it. I don't want anyone to know I'm wearing anything. (not like at night where I can wear thick diapers without anyone seeing) Thanks everyone.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192
(Don't know what your job is so I cant gauge whether you're at a desk or moving around a lot, so this load out is more towards a less movement oriented, office like job. Some moving but not a ton of it)

Maybe just a cloth backed Abena M4, M3 or equivalent mid range diaper and a loose/relaxed fitting pair of pants will do the job.
But a pull-up isn't advised as it might leak if you do end up wetting heavily like you fear.

Don't forget to use some powder(get cornstarch based, not talcum) and keep a change kit/backpack in your car if you have one(extra diaper, wipes, undies and pants) just in case.
Wearing a pair of trim fitting underwear(boxers not as effective) over your diaper will help reduce any other crinkle there might be, but the cloth backed diapers are already pretty quiet

musicfan9389 said:
Today I hadn't gone to the bathroom since I got up.
Another way to maybe avoid accidents, just use the bathroom a little more often!
Set a quiet alarm(like a chime or vibrate) for every 3 or 4 hours then head to the bathroom and try to empty out. Using the toilet when you wake up would probably help too given the situation you've described.

I would suggest go to the bathroom more often as well, even when you feel you don't have to,,,

I wear Lady Tena Discreet pull-ups most of the time and they are completely unnoticeable under normal clothing,

As others have recommended increase your bathroom trips to help cut down the number of accidents, try to keep as much control as you can if you skip,the bathroom trips and you start to use your diaper more often your incontinence issues will get worse quicker as your body and subconscious adapts you you wearing and using protection.

if your accidents are large floods then wearing thicker protection like Betterdry diapers juring the day may be a better idea then thiner diapers, I have been wearing dry 24/7’s and now betterdry diapers 24/7 for over 3 years and no one has noticed or said anything. a slight buldge is better then wet pants from a failed thinner diaper.

since your doctor has already recommended you wear protection why not wear something you can trust to do its job dealing with incontinence gets easier when

You accept you need protection
you wear the proper level of protection you need even if its a thick premium diaper
when you learn to trust your diaper to do its job and you donot react to an accident

Remember you are not alone in dealing with incontinence issues

Set reoccuring alarms on your phone to remind you to go to the bathroom. An added benefit is its not health to remain in one spot for more than a few hours, so this will get your blood circulating again at the same time.

Or, from the sound of it you don't need anything more than a pullup. Those things are so thin, nobody will ever notice.

It is embarrassing to have an accidental in front of people. I deliver beer and when it happened to me I was in the middle of my route in a cooler. In my case my urge incontinence is caused by diabetic meds and cold places. I reluctantly adapted to wearing pull ups. It took some getting used to because when it would happen I would freeze and worry about leaking. The advice here is good. Use the bathroom every 2-3 hrs and or get a diaper that works for your situation.

Remember that for the most part, people are typically not that observant so unless you have a super poofy and super crinkly diaper or you're wearing tight pants or tights, it is not likely to be noticed.

Looser fit pants are helpful as well as something over the diaper--underwear or a onesie works here.

I've not had too much luck with pull-ups since they seem to leak quite easily. Decent tabbed diapers will do the job and you could pack a minimal diaper kit with just the diapers you need, a plastic bag, wipes, and perhaps a small bottle of powder.

very black pants are the best way to hide a wet butt.

I went back to work part time for a former employer a few weeks ago. When I met with the boss to discuss my role, I wore khakis and a NS Supreme. Due to the nature of the job, it was the right thing to do to tell him of my situation. He was fine with it, said I seemed to be handling it well, and that it was no one else's business. We talked for a bit, had a cup of coffee, and I got up to leave. While speaking in the hallway outside his office, IT happened! I flooded and leaked and immediately regretted wearing khakis. I hoped it didn't show until I saw him glance down. Ugh! We quickly wrapped up the meeting and I hurried out of the building to see a huge wet spot down my left leg! Thankfully, he has never brought it up, and I am glad to be back at my old stomping grounds helping out.

I agree with wearing darker pants, using the proper protection, and not waiting so long to visit the restroom. If your job involves sitting for long periods and you have a tendency to flood, you may want to consider something with a higher SAP content that will absorb faster, and maybe prevent leaks out the side. On the other hand, if you don't flood, maybe something with a higher capacity and higher fiber content would be better. If I know I will be sitting for long periods, I may also wear plastic pants over the disposable as added security. This comes with a price of a more prominent bulge in front, but the wearing the right pants can make it less noticeable and it is better than wearing a huge wet spot. Good luck in finding something that works well for you!

RedStripeLvr said:
I went back to work part time for a former employer a few weeks ago. When I met with the boss to discuss my role, I wore khakis and a NS Supreme. Due to the nature of the job, it was the right thing to do to tell him of my situation. He was fine with it, said I seemed to be handling it well, and that it was no one else's business. We talked for a bit, had a cup of coffee, and I got up to leave. While speaking in the hallway outside his office, IT happened! I flooded and leaked and immediately regretted wearing khakis. I hoped it didn't show until I saw him glance down. Ugh! We quickly wrapped up the meeting and I hurried out of the building to see a huge wet spot down my left leg! Thankfully, he has never brought it up, and I am glad to be back at my old stomping grounds helping out.

I agree with wearing darker pants, using the proper protection, and not waiting so long to visit the restroom. If your job involves sitting for long periods and you have a tendency to flood, you may want to consider something with a higher SAP content that will absorb faster, and maybe prevent leaks out the side. On the other hand, if you don't flood, maybe something with a higher capacity and higher fiber content would be better. If I know I will be sitting for long periods, I may also wear plastic pants over the disposable as added security. This comes with a price of a more prominent bulge in front, but the wearing the right pants can make it less noticeable and it is better than wearing a huge wet spot. Good luck in finding something that works well for you!

What do you think caused that leak? Even flooding a good diaper should be safe against leaks.

Hotdog55 said:
What do you think caused that leak? Even flooding a good diaper should be safe against leaks.

I'm thinking the same thing! It's really hard to make a dry or mostly dry supreme diaper leak. Especially with the first flooding. Either that coffee must have been a big gulp, or I'd recommend redstripelvr revist his tape positioning and snug fit.

Slomo said:
I'm thinking the same thing! It's really hard to make a dry or mostly dry supreme diaper leak. Especially with the first flooding. Either that coffee must have been a big gulp, or I'd recommend redstripelvr revist his tape positioning and snug fit.

I'm not sure what happened. Probably not taped correctly. I think this was one of my first Supremes with the elastic waist, and maybe I didn't get it tight enough. One issue that I have trouble with is that I can easily void 500 - 700 cc or more in a very short period of time when I have a spasm, and if things aren't positioned quite right, I can leak - especially when sitting down. I try to point down, but at times it may reposition to the left, so the side seams are in the direct line of fire, so to speak. At times, I can slow the flow down a bit, which helps, but when I flood and spasm, there's not much holding it back. Plus, I am kind of between sizes. The ideal would be something between a medium and a large, so the fit is never "perfect."

Last edited:
yeah, khakis are totally out for me. even guys without 'problems' sometimes end up with a wet spot with khakis. even medium colors are iffy. i wear either very dark blue or black. those colors also hide puffy butts too.

RedStripeLvr said:
I'm not sure what happened. Probably not taped correctly. I think this was one of my first Supremes with the elastic waist, and maybe I didn't get it tight enough. One issue that I have trouble with is that I can easily void 500 - 700 cc or more in a very short period of time when I have a spasm, and if things aren't positioned quite right, I can leak - especially when sitting down. I try to point down, but at times it may reposition to the left, so the side seams are in the direct line of fire, so to speak. At times, I can slow the flow down a bit, which helps, but when I flood and spasm, there's not much holding it back. Plus, I am kind of between sizes. The ideal would be something between a medium and a large, so the fit is never "perfect."

With large floods, pointing down is not recommended. This forces too much pee in a tight and small area.

Try pointing up. Though take note it is imparitive to have the diaper extend up to your actual waist line though (like it's supposed to be anyways). This will allow for ample room and absorption area for the diaper to do its job.

In general, the legs should be snug all the way around, but not tight. You should be able to get one or two fingers under the leg band fairly easily. The waist should also be snug, but not tight. Here you should be able to get up to four fingers under the band, also fairly easy (and without sucking it in).

Hope that helps.

I am sure you know that going 6 hours without a bathroom break is what did it. Where I work, I get a break every 2 hours, and I always use the restroom at every break, and sometimes in-between. When you gotta go, you gotta go NOW, at least for me. I work in retail, though, and with what I am doing for my job at the moment doesn't always allow me to run to the restroom as soon as I need to. I am the store's phone operator, which means I have to have the phone with me at all times while I am working. It is a cordless phone, though, so I can do other stuff around the store when the calls aren't super busy. I loathe to take the phone into the bathroom with me, because hearing the store phone go off from the bathroom would be concerning. Luckily, the few times I couldn't hand the phone to a coworker for a minut and had to run in the restroom with the phone in my pocket (I sanitized it after), the phone didn't ring.

My best advice, aside from finding a way to remind yourself to take a bathroom break more often, is to wear some adult pull-ups. That way, if a little leaks out before you get to the restroom, it's no big deal.

TrashPanda said:
I am sure you know that going 6 hours without a bathroom break is what did it. Where I work, I get a break every 2 hours, and I always use the restroom at every break, and sometimes in-between. When you gotta go, you gotta go NOW, at least for me. I work in retail, though, and with what I am doing for my job at the moment doesn't always allow me to run to the restroom as soon as I need to. I am the store's phone operator, which means I have to have the phone with me at all times while I am working. It is a cordless phone, though, so I can do other stuff around the store when the calls aren't super busy. I loathe to take the phone into the bathroom with me, because hearing the store phone go off from the bathroom would be concerning. Luckily, the few times I couldn't hand the phone to a coworker for a minut and had to run in the restroom with the phone in my pocket (I sanitized it after), the phone didn't ring.

My best advice, aside from finding a way to remind yourself to take a bathroom break more often, is to wear some adult pull-ups. That way, if a little leaks out before you get to the restroom, it's no big deal.

Yeah. Someone told me to get a watch that reminds me to go to the bathroom, but everyone will probably look at me like I'm a baby. (Since adults usually don't get distracted and forget to go to the bathroom.) Also, I could wear pull-ups just in case, but I would have to find a size that isn't too big for me. (I had that problem at night when I switched from GoodNites to Depends 5 years ago after having leaks.) GoodNites for example fit me perfectly since I was a preemie and I'm a size youth large (14) in underwear

Set a timer on your cell phone. Siri is good at doing those... if anybody asks why you have a timer... tell them that it help break up the day knowing you have a timer going. Or just tell them to mind their own business

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

musicfan9389 said:
Yeah. Someone told me to get a watch that reminds me to go to the bathroom, but everyone will probably look at me like I'm a baby. (Since adults usually don't get distracted and forget to go to the bathroom.) Also, I could wear pull-ups just in case, but I would have to find a size that isn't too big for me. (I had that problem at night when I switched from GoodNites to Depends 5 years ago after having leaks.) GoodNites for example fit me perfectly since I was a preemie and I'm a size youth large (14) in underwear

That was me, and the reminder doesn't need to be anything more than a simple beep on your phone or watch. If anybody notices it, just say it's a note to mark every hour or two. The purpose of which, is to get you get up and move around more often, which is proven to show benefits for blood circulation and improved health.

After which, you can use that time getting up to just conveniently go hit the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back