Northshore Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was one of the lucky ones who saw this discount on a Reddit thread & immediately jumped in to make a large purchase.
I figured it might be "too good to be true", but I may as well try. . .

Not surprised that Northshore ended the promotion, especially seeing as it was meant as a focused marketing initiative that got out of hand.

I am very pleasantly surprised that they honored the deal to everyone until they disabled the promotion. This shows serious integrity.

This "bug" will likely hurt Northshore's bottom line this month/quarter. But I for one look forward to supporting this supplier in the long term.

I've used a competitor of theirs (XP) for many years now. They are still fine, but not it's the original owner anymore.
Buying from them used to be rewarding because I was supporting a small company run by a good guy who shared our needs & respected our interests.
Now it's merely a reliable supplier, nothing more.

This promo caused me to reassess Northshore, to see their broad product range & good pricing, and showed me they are an honorable & reliable supplier.
I'm looking forward to spending more $$ with them in the future.

NorthShoreAdam said:
Unfortunately not. Wwe have been trying very hard to get the Auto-Ship module to accept coupons, but this may still be a few months away.

For now, you can place a stand-alone order with the coupon and then go into your account and select "SKIP DELIVERY" to push back your Auto-Ship order.

Thank you. I will do that.

carstoncouche said:
I was one of the lucky ones who saw this discount on a Reddit thread & immediately jumped in to make a large purchase.
I figured it might be "too good to be true", but I may as well try. . .

Not surprised that Northshore ended the promotion, especially seeing as it was meant as a focused marketing initiative that got out of hand.

I am very pleasantly surprised that they honored the deal to everyone until they disabled the promotion. This shows serious integrity.

Unfortunately, I have to acknowledge that I was told that it would not be honored while it was still active. I have been using Northshore for a while but I will be reconsidering. I understand that it was a marketing error, but I am of the opinion that such errors should always be honored...especially if the company is aware that some are being honored.

kerry said:
Unfortunately, I have to acknowledge that I was told that it would not be honored while it was still active. I have been using Northshore for a while but I will be reconsidering. I understand that it was a marketing error, but I am of the opinion that such errors should always be honored...especially if the company is aware that some are being honored.

If they sent out a notice to people that they didn't intend to, then I would agree.

But this was an offer only sent to a small group, that just happened to work for others. There was never any promise of the promotional price to anyone that "missed out". It was basically an unadvertised special, and lasts until they decide to turn it off. They "honored" the offer to everyone that they made the offer to, it's just that they happened to also offer it to a few others in the meanwhile.

While I'll admit I'd be a little disappointed if they had cancelled my order, I feel it was within their right to do so, and that they certainly had no obligation to continue to accept that code from everyone.

Just my 2¢

NorthShoreAdam said:
I'm very sorry for all the confusion with this promotion. It was only designed for a few customers that hadn't ordered in a very long time. However, it wasn't set up correctly on our site and others were able to get orders through with this coupon, which we honored. Unfortunately, this 50% off promotion has ended. Again, very sorry for the confusion. We are reviewing this process carefully to learn from our mistakes.

Because of all the interest in this promotion, we have extended another offer for February for $10 off orders of $25 or over. Limit 1 use per customer, valid through 2/28/17 Coupon code FEB17

Wait, wouldn't that actually be through 2/28/18?

I was fine with NS when they said they couldn’t honor it. I understood the reasoning. No prob. My issue only came after learning that, at the same time I was being told I couldn’t use it, they were honoring it for others. That inconsistency is my issue. All customers should be treated the same way.

Slomo said:
Wait, wouldn't that actually be through 2/28/18?

Yes, 2/28/18...sorry, rough week for me 8-/

- - - Updated - - -

NeverKnow said:
I don’t imagine I’m going to change your opinion, but they were treating all customers the same way. If any of those others called and asked, they would have been told that it was just for certain customers. And if you, like they did, tried using the code, you would have found that it worked.

Clearly by the time you called, Northshore was thinking: this code is intended for specific customers. It was essentially a glitch or oversight that others could use it. Once they’d assessed the situation they removed the code.

Again, I apologize for the mess. When I said we honored the coupon until the promotion ended, I meant that we did not cancel any orders that were placed on the website that went through with the promotion. If someone had contacted our customer service department and asked about using the promotion, it is likely they would have been told that it was not valid for them, since this was true. We have a large variety of promotions that we use continually that only apply to certain products or customers. Some are for new customers, some for customers that haven't bought in a while, some for our best customers, some for new products, some for slow selling products...etc...

Any way, as an apology, we are now offering FOR EVERYONE, $10 off of orders of $25 or more with coupon FEB17. Valid thru 2/28/18 and valid one time per customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back