Status
Not open for further replies.

alltimefun

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Just curious about using a catheter for a couple of days to simulate what it would be like to not be able to control when I pee

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

You'll quickly get bored of it as you can't feel a thing when peeing (you really just drip constantly anyway...as fast as you kidneys produce urine it dribbles out)

You will also experience some pain the first time you use and probably afterwards also to some extent. You'll also likely experience 'blow by' , where urine escapes past the catheter and out of you the conventional way. This will happen if your bladder spasms and contracts. If you are wearing a leg bag when this happens and no diaper/pullup, you'll end up with wet pants.

Catheters are not something to play around with lightly. Please make sure you thuroughly clean all work surfaces, and your hands, and genetalia, before attempting to insert one.

Only use folley type baloon catheters for semi-long term use (you will need a syringe and distilled water to inflate the baloon), as straight intermittent catheters will migrate out of your body when not actively held in place. You will need plenty of good numbing lube too. I found one good type is called anal ease. It works to numb pretty good, is intended for use in the body, and is available over the counter.

Stay very well hydrated with one in too and consider drinking lots of cranberry juice (or take cranberry pills) to help lessen the chance of getting a UTI.

Even with all these precautions, inserting/removing the catheter will likely hurt. Possibly producing a little blood too (this is normal). That pain should go down to tolerable levels within an hour or two. If it doesnt, go to the ER.

Once it does though, you can safely let the catheter drip drain into your diaper. You will likely not notice getting very wet, so make sure to check and change your diaper periodically. Periodically reapply the lube at the tip of your penis too. If the catheter dries out, those size changes we get can catch it and get pinched in a bad way.

Lastly, it's better to not mastrubate with a catheter in place, though you can without lasting damage to anything. Just make sure the catheter is very well lubed, and expect it to still hurt a little.

I suppose it could be tempting to try, but I would advice strongly against it. As Slomo pointed out, you are at risk for a UTI, at very high risk if you leave the catheter in place for a longer period of time (e.g. couple of days). And you have to do it VERY hygienically or you will get in trouble. A UTI is not pleasant at all and can be dangerous, particularly in men. You would also have to visit a physician for antibiotics and since UTIs are very uncommon in men, expect questions about how you got it :)

Slomo is right. It will most likely be painful to insert. My first time I almost passed out and the doctor couldn’t get it in. After a months time of using a 10fr disposable cath, I made enough progress that the nurse could get it in for me.

There is a huge danger when inflating the balloon too. You NEED to maknsure the cathete is completely inserted so that you don’t inflate the balloon inside your urethra. You also need to make sure the syringe has the proper amount of fluid to match the foley cath. Ex: 30cc

I self-inserted a foley once just for the experience. I'm not sure I'll ever do it again. As pointed out, the flow is not very exciting as it's just a slow drip. It's also not very comfortable.

Watch all the information you can (tons of instructional videos for nurses on you tube, etc...). Scrupulous clean technique and as Mayhem says, if you are male, you want to not stop just when you start to get urine flow but continue advancing the catheter for another few inches (some say even to the tubing bifurcation) before inflating the baloon.
You can then pull back gently.

I have a serious problem with the idea of anything like a catheter being inserted... however I done something broadly similar but entirely non-invasive in the past by getting some thin plastic tubing (used for oxygenating fish tanks) and a plastic bottle, drilling a hole in the lid and fixing the tubing into it. Then feed the end of the tube into your nappy, hold the bottle above waist height and invert. I use Lipton's iced tea for this and by warming it very gently first in the microwave - be really careful because it gets very hot very quickly - you can make a really realistic and totally controllable wetting experience.

You DO NOT want a catheter. Trust me, I once had one put in (for medical reasons, against my well and by a nurse at a hospital) and even with the prescription that they give you to dull the pain (and causes you to secreat some orange stuff from that area) it was unpleasant and even being on that medication for a week after the catheter was removed I had pain after that (more of a burning) If I ever had to have another one I would beg for any other option, any other option then a catheter.

So, alltimefun. With all these warnings, do you still want to use catheters? In spite of the not fun they come with, they are absolutely guaranteed to induce temporary, functional, incontinence (which in itself is a fun experience).

Slomo said:
So, alltimefun. With all these warnings, do you still want to use catheters? In spite of the not fun they come with, they are absolutely guaranteed to induce temporary, functional, incontinence (which in itself is a fun experience).
Thinking about it it's probably best to not use a catheter. Maybe probably just better to keep making me pee myself instead of just lossing control

alltimefun said:
Thinking about it it's probably best to not use a catheter. Maybe probably just better to keep making me pee myself instead of just lossing control

Smart. Another thing to consider is have you often gone in diapers 24/7 before? You would be stuck in one the whole time anyways. If not, then that's the place to start off at. Temporarily revoke your own permission to use the potty for as long as you would have planned on being cath'd (excluding for bowel movements anyways). Maybe a full week even.

It's surprising how many want to immediately induce incontinence, yet haven't even tested going 24/7 yet. Most often the result of having purged and now wanting to binge too. You'd also be surprised how many change their minds with even this little baby step.

It is a shame there is no magic way to just shut off your potty training without having to insert a probably damaging device into your body or creating permanent incontinence.

AddyShadows said:
It is a shame there is no magic way to just shut off your potty training without having to insert a probably damaging device into your body or creating permanent incontinence.

Probably? After once having catheters in place for seven months straight I developed a urethral sensitivity. Now having one just inserted hurts bad- and I'm permanently stick in needing them now too! (or I'll die).

Unless you have to have a catheter for medical reasons, I would not recommend you to do this.

I have tried it a couple of times with good results. I Bought a catether set and a cf14 foley catether.

Watch alot of instruction videos and make sure that your hygiene is perfect!

Reactions: Pampers4Ever
putte said:
Watch alot of instruction videos and make sure that your hygiene is perfect!

And still expect a UTI someday, or worse, if you do it more often...

Makubird said:

In all fairness, I've been mostly reliant on catheters for the last three years (off an on depending on my last 11 surgeries in these last three years). While there is a quesetion if I've had an asymptomatic, antibacterial resistant uti this entire time, I have not once felt sick. A uti is not a quarantee with using catheters- if you stay clean and full on cranberry.

Makubird said:

Bull. Being clean and taking the nessesary precautions will keep you safe.

Reactions: Pampers4Ever
mayhem said:
Bull. Being clean and taking the nessesary precautions will keep you safe.

Sure, things can go fine without problems. But there definitely is an increased chance of trouble. And as you pointed out in an earlier post, there are also risks when inflating the balloon. Catheters are usually inserted by people who are trained and know how to take appropriate measures for hygiene and sterility.

From the OP's question it is clear that he has no experience with catheters. If someone tries a catheter without knowing the risks and also by letting the open end just sit in the diaper for days, that probably is not a good idea.

Of course I do not want to stop anyone from using a catheter if he really wants to do so. But he can make a better informed decision with my well meant advice.

Just one link to end my contribution to this topic.

https://www.cdc.gov/hai/pdfs/uti/ca-uti_tagged.pdf

Makubird said:
also by letting the open end just sit in the diaper for days, that probably is not a good idea

According to my urologist (a top urologist in Philadelphia) it’s perfectly fine to let a catheter drain directly into a diaper. Again, cleanliness is the key to safety. I speak from experience with staining directly into a diaper, and so does Slomo.

Anyone here that reads this thread should talk to a few urologists to verify what has been said.

Btw, your link is mostly about intermittent catheterization. UTI from a foley cath is rare and due to lack of hygiene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back