First time user, some questions related to diaper usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessiWan

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Hello. I am an adult and am currently considering using adult diapers for the first time. As you can see, this is a completely brand-new experience for me and I hope I can get some help here.

Questions:

1. Let's say I am wearing a diaper, and I pooped. I do not change the diaper immediately. Would there be discernible smell to people around me?
2. If I wear one diaper (the disposable kind), but I did not poop or pee in it, so that it's still clean. Will I be able to take it off, put it aside, then wear it again another day?

Thanks.

1. Most likely yes. However you can take nullo tablets to mostly eliminate any smell.

2. Mostly yes. However, disposables will still absorb sweat from your skin, and eventually become unusable. The padding will also slowly break apart when wearing it, and will eventually clump and fall down. Generally speaking there's no problem wearing a diaper for a few hours at a time, two or three times in a row.

Only thing I would ad is to 2. The tapes on some disposables will be very hard to get off, if you work your way out of it they can stretch depending on your body. I'd look at diapers with double tapes or Velcro like tapes. If you're looking at saving it.

BB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

For the cheap DL there is always duct tape. You get to re-use your not-peed nor pooped diapers again even if the tapes are not doing their job anymore.

With regards to question 1, yes, if you poop your diaper and you do not change within the first few minutes, you will start to stink and the smell will be noticeable. When I mess, I tend to change about 10-15 minutes afterwards so that the smell doesn't completely permeate the room. If you want to minimize the smell, you can take nullo, use a lot of baby powder, open a window, keep some air freshener on standby and using scented candles always helps.

In answer to question 2, while I have never reused an unused diaper, there are some brands that you could possibly tape up, untape and reuse at a later time. For instance, certain ABU brands like SDK's, Cushies and Kiddos have tapes that hold up to multiple adjustments and re-tapings, so if you use those diapers, you might be able to don one, take it off and put it on again at another time. Brands like Bambino and Rearz, good luck, the tapes really adhere to the diaper so if you want to untape it and reuse it later, nothing doing, the tapes may rip the plastic on the diaper or loose their initial hold.

1. Usually, yes. Hard to hide that smell for long or at all. That's a hard one to solve.
2. Yes, usually you can 'save' it. Sometimes taped diapers do not refasten well, so opt for pullups which save better.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back