Mandatory diaper break

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I had surgery a couple weeks ago involving my hip and just got the stitches out. Problem is, the area isn't completely healed over and I still can't get it wet in the shower. The area is also right on the edge of where the SAP of the diaper front ends and a good wetting would probably expose the area to urine. So....I kinda have to take a break until it heals. Which sucks, but at least at the moment the desire isn't too intense. Anyone else sort of forced to take a break like this?

I've had a few such surgeries, but not wearing a diaper was not an option.

My doc had me keep a surgical pad over it and cover that with regular surgical tape (like a really big bandaid that was open on two ends). It left just enough air movement for the stitches to dry out, while the tape prevented the pad from absorbing the pee in my diaper.

Coupled with taking it off twice daily to fully air out the wound, this worked pretty good. You may want to give this a try if you're wanting to wear a diaper bad enough.

I know this isnt particularly helpful but, I'm considering giving up nappies and forcing myself to stay dry for a full week as a personal challenge.
I've not gone more than a few days without them now for more than 7 years and get anxious going out without any protection on. I'm ok at night but during the day making frequent trips to the loo just to let out a tiny dribble or pass wind is just humiliating, and its uncomfortable trying to hold it for long so its just easier to wear.

So any tips on how to how to motivate yourself to give up diapers short term or just suppress the cravings to wear would be really good.

I had a hip replacement. The stitches were eternal and I had a waterproof bandage over the incision. I had the anterior approach done.

When I had back surgery, diapers were out of the picture for a while. After the first surgery, I couldn't even pee and I had to catheterize myself for about 7 weeks until things started working again. That was a very miserable time for me as I was also in a lot of pain from the surgery. The second surgery was easier as I had very little pain and I could still pee.

Not as bad as surgery bad, but I got a rash from something I'm not sure what (there are too many variables) that was so bad the skin was broken to a half a millimeter deep and I couldn't wear literally anything over it. I spent a lot of time distracting myself with other things and finding ways to apply ointment that didn't make me scream in pain.

That does suck. Good decision not to take any kind of risk, though. A cut on the skin will just get an infection on the skin, but a wound from an incision, and the infection will go straight down to the bottom of the incision.

I've had to take a few breaks for similar reasons. Twice after surgerys. Another time after serious road rash from a bike accident left me with little skin on my hip and thigh. and another time from a serious sunburn on my tail end, which was a real pain in the a...
On the good side, going back after a long brake makes it even more enjoyable for a while. Like having your favorite food after not eating it for a long time.

Hope your wound heals fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back