Do you ever remember being changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the closest thing I remember is being helped step into a pullup by a babysitter. I was probably about 4 or 5 years old.
I also distinctly remember purposefully wetting a pull up at night. I dont think I ever really stopped wanting to be in nappies as I have many memories from over the years as a child related to wanting them

I remember a few times when I would wake up my dad to change my diaper; usually on the floor of the living room right next to the couch he was sleeping off his double shifts on. I remember he would pull his shirt collar over his nose regularly for it for no reason whatsoever, I'm sure.

I said I would elaborate.

I remember being changed by my mother when I was about 1 1/2 so that would have been in early 1998.

I remember about 3 occasions of being changed by the women who worked in the nursery. One one occasion, I think I was hiding under a table to avoid being changed. I remember they used tacky supermarket nappies that were much less comfortable than the Pampers that my parents used. I think that all of events happened in 1998.

I think that’s about all I remember for now.

In another forum I’m in, a user said that one of his early memories was getting his nappy put on the wrong way, with the tapes fastened at the back!

Goldberg said:
In another forum I’m in, a user said that one of his early memories was getting his nappy put on the wrong way, with the tapes fastened at the back!
That's one of many strategies parents use to keep tricky toddlers from taking their diapers off. We had that problem with one of ours. He'd load up his diaper at night and then take it off. The resulting messes... *shudder*

We didn't put his diapers on backwards, though. Instead, we'd put his pajamas on backwards so that the zipper was in back. It meant cutting the feet off the pajamas, but...we were desperate. And it worked! No more morning crap-tastrophes.

Yes. I have quite a few memories of being changed and of diapers in general. Might be partly why I'm AB/DL. I can remember having my diaper changed by several people and where I was when being changed.

I have several clear memories of my mom changing me on my changing table while I was distracted playing with a toy dinosaur. Those memories are very vivid. I remember my dad changing me once and I remember being changed my maternal grandmother a couple of times at her house.

I also remember being changed at daycare a few times. Many of my diaper memories come from there.
I remember being so upset that my favorite show, "Mr. Rogers", was coming on and the lady at daycare wouldn't let me watch until after I had my dirty diaper changed. I threw a fit the whole time she was changing me.

Another time at daycare, after I was already supposed to be potty trained, I was put back in diapers after I "accidentally" messed my pants. In reality, I was just too shy to ask to use the potty. I was a VERY shy little boy. The dayacare lady was so pissed at me and I felt so ashamed.

It was also around that same time (age 3?) that I started developing an interest in diapers and by the time I was 5 and my sister was born, I was hooked for life.

ClandestineWing said:
I remember a few times when I would wake up my dad to change my diaper; usually on the floor of the living room right next to the couch he was sleeping off his double shifts on. I remember he would pull his shirt collar over his nose regularly for it for no reason whatsoever, I'm sure.

If I recall correctly, my mother has said my dad would stuff Kleenex up his nose while changing me.

While I have issues remembering much of my childhood, I do have brief flashes of memories--not all of them good.

I remember that I was really young--perhaps around 4 years old--and I pooped in a relatives bed that I was put in to go sleep. I remember that my mom put a diaper on me. I'm pretty sure it was a disposable too--this was early 1970s.

Bladderbrain said:
Mrs. Gloria was a mean one. Slapped my brother in the head when he broke his arm, he was doing something dumb though, and no one knew the arm was broken yet. Had a six foot chain link fence, felt like a prison being there, lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Now, please understand that I am in no way condoning elder abuse. BUT if folks like this eventually got what they had coming to them in a nursing home, I wouldn't exactly shed a tear over their fate.

Yes, and I also remember playing with my trains on my playset and wetting my diaper and training underwear. 😶

Being in nappies during the day until I was 5 and 8 or 9 at night I have many memories of being changed.

I remember my mom pinning a cloth diaper on me when i was 4 and sending me off to school( i started at that age) but with no plastic pants. She put it on so tight that i could not pull it down to pee. On my way home i had to go and wet it she was made at em for that. I remember laying across her lap and patting my diapered butt which felt so good.

I remember having an accident at my Nana s house and remember being put on a diaper while my close were washed, then I went home and got spanked by my Dad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came across another memory. Nothing too special; just remembering having to pause video games to go get changed. That SNES was quite literally my entire childhood. :p

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
If I recall correctly, my mother has said my dad would stuff Kleenex up his nose while changing me.

I believe it. :rolleyes:

Oh yes, I get change regularly whenever I go to the store. I usually pay in cash, so I always end up with change.:twocents:

:tongueout: Oh, that's not the change you were talking about? :dunno:

But in truthful answer to the OP question, I remember only one occassion when this occurred in my childhood. This was when I was having problems with bedwetting and I was between 4 and 6 years old. I wet the bed and my mother changed the sheets, then it happened again, and rather than facing the proposition of having to change them a third time, my mother put me in a makeshift towel diaper with real diaper pins. I cried like a baby... well... okay, I remember crying a lot and saying I wasn't a baby, but my mother reassured me this was better for the night than having to get up again. I even remember it was a pink towel.

But other than that, no, I don't remember being changed.

Oh wait, I do remember waiting to long to use the bathroom when at my cousins house and when I realized I really had to go, I ran to the bathroom and was trying to get my pants undone when I wet them before I could accomplish the task. I remember being changed then by my aunt into some dry shorts as my own pants were washed and then I was able to wear them when I returned home. I guess I was around 4 or 5 at the time.

Wow... I had totally not thought about that for a long time.

Interesting thread. I am guessing that most probably don't recall being changed except for in situations that had some sort of traumatic experience attached.

:detective3

ST50 said:
Being in nappies during the day until I was 5 and 8 or 9 at night I have many memories of being changed.

You jammy git!

WABX said:
I remember my mom pinning a cloth diaper on me when i was 4 and sending me off to school( i started at that age) but with no plastic pants. She put it on so tight that i could not pull it down to pee. On my way home i had to go and wet it she was made at em for that. I remember laying across her lap and patting my diapered butt which felt so good.

My Mother used to threaten to send me to school in nappies to shame me for my nightly bedwetting. She never did. It wouldn't have bothered me. I usually wet my pants most days in any case.

Nope... I don't remember being changed a lot from my youth. Now changing myself in private as a teen are the only things I remember.

I do not recall being changed as a baby when all we had were pinned diapers and rubber underpants. However at age 4 I had boy's training underwear and I recall having on just plastic underpants and my PJ top laying on the couch watching TV before I went to bed. So if I ever did need to change from wetting at night I did it myself though I do not recall this; just wearing / putting them on.

When I was 5 I went to a family camp and wet my sleeping bag several nights straight. My father had me put on plastic underpants over my regular (or training?) underwear and I do not recall any more accidents for the rest of the week though I do not remember changing in the morning. If I did have accidents while wearing plastic underpants I must have been used to it since I do not recall any formality of changing - I guess I just did it as routine.

When I was eight I flooded my best friend's bed on a sleepover so the next time I had to stay with them his mother put me in a full diaper and plastic underpants. I want to say it was not for punishment but because I needed it. She had to pin it on me and helped me pull on the plastic underpants. Though I was very embarrassed I do recall being take into the bathroom by his mother the next morning and taking off my soaked diaper in the tub so I could wash. This happened the next night & morning (my folks went away for a weekend) but I do not recall the details of being pinned in a diaper the next night - I guess I expected it and shrugged it off since it was a lot better than waking up with soaked sheets / pjs.

I have very vivid memories from when I was very young. I distinctly remember my mom using cloth diapers and putting them in a diaper pail or rinsing them out in the toilet when I would go #2. I remember being in a high chair, being in the nursery at church, and my grandmother changing my diaper. At some point, my mom switched to disposable diapers and I also remember my mom making me wear my wet diaper on my head when I wet the bed. She swears that never happened but she routinely forgets the more cruel things that she did when I was a kid.

What's funny is that despite having these very vivid memories of being under 3 years old, I'm not AB at all.

I vaguely remember being diapered mostly by the cool damp feel of the wipe and the smell of the same. I wasn’t much older than 2 iirc, so that would have been very close to when I was potty trained.

Very fresh feeling TBH. It probably helped that about the time I was out of diapers for daytime, there was a new baby in the house so the smell of those wipes brought back memories of my own diapering and reinforced those memories.

I also remember being put back in an actual diaper instead of my pull-ups for the night, for “acting like a baby”. I seem to remember feeling slightly embarrassed in the first place but then I accepted it. Then there was the time that little hellion me (must have been 2-4, can’t entirely remember) decided to #2 in my baby sister’s diapers (couldn’t diaper myself so I just laid them out on the nursery floor and well... used each one a little at least 3-5) and got caught. I know I got in trouble but honestly can’t remember what happened after that.

God, kids are weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back