• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hi, Reality is a big struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleTokio

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hiya, This is my first time on ABDL related Forums,Where do i start! :sweatdrop::dunno:
(Im sorry for the format, Makes it easier for me and others "Hopefully" to understand)

About me :
Im a 22 male, I enjoy gaming. PUBG, Fornite, Battalion 1944, LOL, Overwatch, Csgo. Love the competition. Helps keep my mind occupied.
Managed to make global in csgo.

Doing things with my hands (Anything DIY related)
I Finished my 3 years of Cookery & Hospitality. Came to realize a year later that this isn't what i want to be doing. Undecided on what to go for next.
I'd love to get into playing the piano.Love all types of music. Mostly classical/ Rap weirdly.

Im a fun guy. Love a good bit of banter. Very self critical and stubborn. Im feeling very conflicted. Have overwhelming thoughts of wanting to be a little girl but coming back to reality and wishing my little side was reality. Its where it makes me feel most safe.
Living with undiagnosed bipolar disorder,
Im heavily against pharmaceutical drugs.
But im beginning to struggle with overwhelming manics. Switching from low to high multiple times throughout the day.

Socially awkward. Fine around family and online. But in the real world i really struggle. Im to nervous in all aspects when it comes to relationships and sex.
I Will cry at almost anything. Happy or sad. Im an emotional person. Not emotionally unstable. Just cry a lot

What Brings me Here :

Im a ABDL little, During little time im 4 and a girl.
I love disney princess, Kitties, Nightdresses. Especially REARZ princess :)
My interest in diapers started when i was very young like 6/7 I can always remember having an interest in diapers. I think it stemmed from my bet wetting and the abuse from my step father. Psychically and mentally.

One of my worst memories was watching him burning my blanket which i was very attached. He left a big scar on me. At the time of being a child i believed he was my real dad. All i ever wanted is for his approval and for him to love me, But he just tormented and hurt me.

My mother eventually bought me a new blanket. I still have it along with my 4 newer ones. I dont know what i'd do without them. I cannot remember ever sleeping a night without them.

Being a little girl during my little time is massive for me. my half sister always seemed to get lots more attention, she was the baby of the family and had it much easier with my step father.
I was so envious and jealous of my sister because she got the approval that i never got.

I think this is why im so obsessed with wanting to be a DL/ little/ Girl.
I just feel really conflicted. So many what if's.
Wishing i could change gender. Feeling trapped in my own skin.
I want to be able to come to terms with it all, But its so hard having to accept im not going to ever be a little girl.

I get depressed from the smallest of things. When looking at clothing i wish were sized for me. In my searches for little girl clothing for someone who's 6ft its kinda hard :'(

To be able to relate to people, Most family members are aware of my fetish to be honest. i wasn't very secretive with it. They're not exactly excepting. But i tried my best to hide it.

Im really sorry for the length of the post, I've been righting this now for over 3 days. Getting stuck all the time.
All in all. Im here to grow and hopefully have a better understanding of myself.
Advice would be greatly appreciated. Also somebody to talk to.

Reactions: AshtonFreecss, egor and Deleted member 29386
Please do not apologize for such a fantastic intro! That was one of the best I have seen! We're glad you're here. As you know, we're a support group and we're here to help. There are actually many others here who have similar backgrounds as you and many of your same interests. I for one was forced to throw away my blanket (what was left of it) on my 5th birthday as I was a big boy then. Obviously I still remember that sad day. Anyway, we'll be seeing more of you here, I'm sure!

Welcome to ADISC, LittleTokio. :)

Incidentally I work in hospitality. I'd rather be cooking. I have had both home cooking and some formal form training, and I have a lot of well recieved recipes.

I'm a gamer too. My current vices are Civ V and Pokemon Ultra Moon.

I can understand the mental health struggles, too. I've got rapid cycling bipolar disorder myself. I had to take the meds to get it under control, I was in over my head, I'm admitting it.

I hope we can be both helpful and friends to you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great introduction and welcome to ADISC!

Welcome to ADISC LittleTokio! I hope you find the understanding of yourself you desire and deserve.
LittleTokio said:
One of my worst memories was watching him burning my blanket which i was very attached. He left a big scar on me. At the time of being a child i believed he was my real dad. All i ever wanted is for his approval and for him to love me, But he just tormented and hurt me.
This is very sad. I can't imagine having my blankies taken from me. Especially in such a horrific way by someone who is supposed to love and support you. :hug:
LittleTokio said:
I get depressed from the smallest of things. When looking at clothing i wish were sized for me. In my searches for little girl clothing for someone who's 6ft its kinda hard :'(
You mentioned you like to do things with your hands, and DIY stuff. Maybe a solution that would bring you some self satisfaction is learning to make your own clothing! Then you could get exactly what you want and take pride in it knowing you made it yourself.

No need to apologize for the length of your post. I thought it was a wonderful introduction! I have found this place to be a very supportive and helpful community, and I am happy you have joined us!

Hi and welcome to the site. You wrote a great introduction. I do play the piano and rather well. At the present, I'm learning and memorizing a number of the Chopin Nocturnes. I often warm up with some of the J. S. Bach preludes and fugues from his Well-tempered Clavier.

You might find some adult sized little girl clothes if you go to Amazon and type in, Adult Baby clothes. They have a number of little girl onsies, some which have skirts or look like little girl dresses. They also sell little girl dresses that are probably made in China for Cosplay.

Scaramouche said:
Please do not apologize for such a fantastic intro! That was one of the best I have seen! We're glad you're here. As you know, we're a support group and we're here to help. There are actually many others here who have similar backgrounds as you and many of your same interests. I for one was forced to throw away my blanket (what was left of it) on my 5th birthday as I was a big boy then. Obviously I still remember that sad day. Anyway, we'll be seeing more of you here, I'm sure!

Thankyou for the kind words, Im also glad im here too. Feeling lost at the moment, Thankfully i found this place :).
The bad memories through childhood seem to be the ones we all remember the most, Really does suck. Did you ever get another blanket?
For me it was critical that is was as close to my old one xD
Any advice on where i should head next. Its all a little overwhelming.

All the best,
LittleTokio

- - - Updated - - -

Marka said:
Welcome, LittleTokio!

Great introduction, it wouldn't surprise me if you got a "(+1)" reputation point, for that!

I can relate to a greater degree of your experiences; though I'm 29-years, your senior...

I think that you will do quite well here, too...

I'm not of a frame of mind to speak to your deeper questions and issues now yet; I will put some thought to it and, others here will relate to you, also.

This is a good community to grow and to find better understanding of yourself... Just for the record; we are not like any other ABDL related websites... that I'm aware of because, we support your person - first and foremost. Of course, we do talk about AB/DL/Little/IC stuff... and, just about everything else, too!

If you have any questions or would like some guidance for the website and community; please don't hesitate to ask.

My best to you and, for now,
-Marka

Thankyou for the warm welcome Marka,
Would love to get more knowledge on others experiences to help come to terms with some of the issues i dealt with.
Sorry to hear you're not in the best frame of mind. Hope you feel better soon.

To be honest, Im really overwhelmed at the moment, I have so many thing's i want to talk about.
But i don't want to seem like a bore, Going on all the time.
There is one thing im really looking forward too. Im finally getting around to decorating my room! :)
Any posts for decoration ideas?

All the best,
LittleTokio

LittleTokio said:
Thankyou for the kind words, Im also glad im here too. Feeling lost at the moment, Thankfully i found this place :).
The bad memories through childhood seem to be the ones we all remember the most, Really does suck. Did you ever get another blanket?
For me it was critical that is was as close to my old one xD
Any advice on where i should head next. Its all a little overwhelming.

All the best,
LittleTokio

No I never got another blanket. I did use my mom's housecoat at some time, either before or after the "real" blankie. I was a thumb sucker and had to stop that, too. :( I did have plushies until I was about 10, I think.

Where should you head next? I know, it is very intimidating. But the sky's the limit! What interests you? Diapers? Pacifiers? Politics? It's all here! There's also ABDL stories here written by our own members.

Don't be afraid to start a thread. You said you went global in scgo, post a thread "Anyone else here into "csgo, Star Wars, COD, anything.." There are a lot of gamers here. Also, we have live chat in the discord app. See the link above to join. Any questions, just ask any of us!

OmiOMy said:
Welcome to ADISC, LittleTokio. :)

Incidentally I work in hospitality. I'd rather be cooking. I have had both home cooking and some formal form training, and I have a lot of well recieved recipes.

I'm a gamer too. My current vices are Civ V and Pokemon Ultra Moon.

I can understand the mental health struggles, too. I've got rapid cycling bipolar disorder myself. I had to take the meds to get it under control, I was in over my head, I'm admitting it.

I hope we can be both helpful and friends to you.

Thankyou for the welcome OmiOya,
I started my course because i loved to make food. I especially liked working with fish.
As i started to take it into a profession i realized i couldn't mentally deal with the workload and stress it caused.
The hours were really long. Im not sure if its the place i worked at. But it seemed even after changing to a different business. The hours were still too long.
I still enjoy cooking for myself and family members on the odd occasion. Need to do it more!
Whats personally your favorite dish to make?

I need to get back into the pokemon games. Im a huge fan. I actually have a pretty big tattoo on my leg Pokemon themed :D
Never tried the CIV collections. Seems very complicated. I got a lot of them on a humble bundle not to recently. So might have to try.

I've been in much darker places, Thankfully im not as bad as i can be at times. I think the more i've come to understand myself the easier its got for me,
But there is still much more to learn about my myself.
Sometimes it really does seem endless. The constant not knowing whats to come of my life. I struggle to sleep because im stuck up all night thinking about everything.
The problem is i know i could probably take medication and feel much better for it. But being so stubborn. I wont take them or less i have no control over my mental state.
A lot of the time i wont even realize im in a rapid cycle. Do you ever feel the same way sometimes?
The biggest tell tail for me is i clean. Endlessly. My flat looks amazing for it though!

Im sorry to drag on, Glad you came to say hi. Hopefully we'll be good friends in time to come. If you ever need help. I'll try my best :)

All the best,
LittleTokio

LittleTokio said:
I started my course because i loved to make food. I especially liked working with fish.
As i started to take it into a profession i realized i couldn't mentally deal with the workload and stress it caused.
The hours were really long. Im not sure if its the place i worked at. But it seemed even after changing to a different business. The hours were still too long.
I still enjoy cooking for myself and family members on the odd occasion. Need to do it more!

I need to get back into the pokemon games. Im a huge fan. I actually have a pretty big tattoo on my leg Pokemon themed :D
Never tried the CIV collections. Seems very complicated. I got a lot of them on a humble bundle not to recently. So might have to try.

I've been in much darker places, Thankfully im not as bad as i can be at times. I think the more i've come to understand myself the easier its got for me,
Sometimes it really does seem endless. The constant not knowing whats to come of my life. I struggle to sleep because im stuck up all night thinking about everything.
The problem is i know i could probably take medication and feel much better for it. But being so stubborn. I wont take them or less i have no control over my mental state.
A lot of the time i wont even realize im in a rapid cycle. Do you ever feel the same way sometimes?
The biggest tell tail for me is i clean. Endlessly. My flat looks amazing for it though!

Im sorry to drag on, Glad you came to say hi. Hopefully we'll be good friends in time to come. If you ever need help. I'll try my best :)

All the best,
LittleTokio

I somehow wound up with Japanese style being my best cooking. My favorites include makizushi and Japanese style curry. And I really love katsudon..

Civ 5 was my first one. I was gifted it from a Bundle and gave it a shot. I was interested the first few turns. When the Iroquois stole my Great Wall (I was China! This meant WAR!), I was hooked.

I finally decided to take the meds when I had my first real manic bounce. I knew something was wrong because I felt completely invincible. I felt like I could take anybody. Like I could take that annoying neighbor out and n no one could do a thing about it whoa wait. Like I could wall run outside WAIT BRAIN THIS IS THE EIGHTH FLOOR.
Things like that make me aware I'm way too up. That and impulse shopping. I made a point of making my Amazon password unmemorizable and storing it behind a password ON ANOTHER DEVICE to keep things from getting out of hand.
The meds have literally saved my life. My lows were dangerous, and I've been hospitalized before. Four years out, knock on wood!

I do get anxiety cleaning! If the apartment smells like pine and vanilla, I definitely have nerves.

OmiOMy said:
I somehow wound up with Japanese style being my best cooking. My favorites include makizushi and Japanese style curry. And I really love katsudon..

Civ 5 was my first one. I was gifted it from a Bundle and gave it a shot. I was interested the first few turns. When the Iroquois stole my Great Wall (I was China! This meant WAR!), I was hooked.

I finally decided to take the meds when I had my first real manic bounce. I knew something was wrong because I felt completely invincible. I felt like I could take anybody. Like I could take that annoying neighbor out and n no one could do a thing about it whoa wait. Like I could wall run outside WAIT BRAIN THIS IS THE EIGHTH FLOOR.
Things like that make me aware I'm way too up. That and impulse shopping. I made a point of making my Amazon password unmemorizable and storing it behind a password ON ANOTHER DEVICE to keep things from getting out of hand.
The meds have literally saved my life. My lows were dangerous, and I've been hospitalized before. Four years out, knock on wood!

I do get anxiety cleaning! If the apartment smells like pine and vanilla, I definitely have nerves.

Most of the herbs you use in cooking are medicinal as well, I had to say that before I let it slide into one of my recall (sometimes recall resistant) mental caches. Parsley sage rosemary and thyme is more than cute lyrics. Sage and Rosemary are great enhancers of all thing neurological. One of Shakespeare's amusing sayings was when Ophelia, driven mad because Hamlet offed her dad, went around making garlands and talking to herself. She was reciting what herbal magic did what healing, came to rosemary and forgets what rosemary did. Rosemary is for remembrance.
We each have our experiences in dealing, sometimes even successfully, with people who are the spiritual equivalent of flatulence. Often "authority" figures like stepfathers or uncles or teachers who probably had their own deeply repressed memories of bedwetting, gender issues, etc.

Music is usually paid mostly in applause. Cooking the same way. (since I did both) Restaurant work pays more to the chef, waitresses and dishwashers, they make more money than the owner. The best way to get paid for music is to be in a studio band. Live performance leads to advanced malnutrition. It's fun though, :biggrin:

Any hoo... greetings... Luvs and Huggies all around.

- - - Updated - - -

LittleTokio said:

All the best,
LittleTokio

In all that I hit the almost wrong button but Hey, I'm a baby so I can get away with it. Sugar, all you need is Luvs and of course Huggies. That and good friends, Herbs maybe, the gentler ones.
Do you use meditation with your other searches? Hypnosis is built into all music or maybe the other way round... I do better work while wearing a peepee diaper, especially if it's covert. It helps with cycles rapid or slow, mostly because you have a symbol of your most stable cycles to compare with the other, usually later, cycles.

Andustar said:
Welcome to ADISC LittleTokio! I hope you find the understanding of yourself you desire and deserve.

This is very sad. I can't imagine having my blankies taken from me. Especially in such a horrific way by someone who is supposed to love and support you. :hug:

You mentioned you like to do things with your hands, and DIY stuff. Maybe a solution that would bring you some self satisfaction is learning to make your own clothing! Then you could get exactly what you want and take pride in it knowing you made it yourself.

No need to apologize for the length of your post. I thought it was a wonderful introduction! I have found this place to be a very supportive and helpful community, and I am happy you have joined us!

Thankyou for the warm welcome. Just talking for even a day has helped already. A problem shared is a problem halved.

My stepfather was a very controlling man. Mentally he left a big dent, Even after all the horrible memories and how he's treated me over the years. I still love him and even as a young adult i still cannot shake it. To be honest i don't think i'll ever be able to fully overcome it. Its whats defined a large portion of my life.
He knows what hes done is wrong, Hes got ptsd from it all, It has started to affect him in recent years. I hate him but i still cant help but empathize. The guilt he must feel. I just want him to say sorry.
I still look for a father figure.

I did meet my biological father when i was 13, He was nice to begin with . I could never call him dad, It just never felt right to me. I really did love him. I thought everything would change for good. But sadly hes a selfish man who struggled to emapthize with me in anyway with my mental health and finding out about my fetish. He decided to run once again just like when i was a baby. Maybe thing are meant to happen for a reason.
I lost many nights crying, Just wishing he would love me for the person i am and look past my desires.

My sister also mentioned about making my own clothing. I would love to learn how to make my own clothing in time, I may have to start buying some patterns. I really like the old fashioned children's nightgowns from Victorian era. Maybe i could make something like that if i adjust the lengths! :)

Its really nice to meet you!, All the best
LittleTokio

- - - Updated - - -

dogboy said:
Hi and welcome to the site. You wrote a great introduction. I do play the piano and rather well. At the present, I'm learning and memorizing a number of the Chopin Nocturnes. I often warm up with some of the J. S. Bach preludes and fugues from his Well-tempered Clavier.

You might find some adult sized little girl clothes if you go to Amazon and type in, Adult Baby clothes. They have a number of little girl onsies, some which have skirts or look like little girl dresses. They also sell little girl dresses that are probably made in China for Cosplay.

Within my lifetime i really do hope i learn to play the piano at a good level. There is something so amazing about the way the piano sounds.
Im going to honest and im not very knowledgeable with music, Although i have listened to both Bach and Chopin Nocturnes.
I would have to say my favorite artist at the moment is Ludovico Einaudi. Im very new when it comes to the classical genre and really only sparked an interest in the past couple years. Any recommendations?

I found the Mini boden nightdresses to be a good fit. 13-14 size in there older cotton design fits well so i've been collecting them for a while. I really need to get more onsies, I have a pikachu one and i was very lucky to find a big frozen onesie in china in adults size and it fits :)
Im now really interested in the babygrows with the little frills on the shoulders and leg cuffs. Definitely my next buy!
When ive got a bit of money in i'll be sure to look at amazon.

All the best,
LittleTokio

LittleTokio said:
Within my lifetime i really do hope i learn to play the piano at a good level. There is something so amazing about the way the piano sounds.
Im going to honest and im not very knowledgeable with music, Although i have listened to both Bach and Chopin Nocturnes.
I would have to say my favorite artist at the moment is Ludovico Einaudi. Im very new when it comes to the classical genre and really only sparked an interest in the past couple years. Any recommendations?

I found the Mini boden nightdresses to be a good fit. 13-14 size in there older cotton design fits well so i've been collecting them for a while. I really need to get more onsies, I have a pikachu one and i was very lucky to find a big frozen onesie in china in adults size and it fits :)
Im now really interested in the babygrows with the little frills on the shoulders and leg cuffs. Definitely my next buy!
When ive got a bit of money in i'll be sure to look at amazon.

When I was young, I learned a lot about classical music by listening to a radio station that played only classical. Of course once I went to a music conservatory, I was surrounded by classical music as it was poring from everyone's rooms. There is so much classical music. The giants are J. S. Bach, who can be a little boring, to Mozart, Haydn and more notably, Beethoven. A lot of his piano Sonatas are well known and famous. My favorite era is the Romantic period for music which includes Chopin, F. Litz, Schumann, Brahms, etc. The piano concertos are maybe the best to listen to first, such as Rachmaninoff, Grieg and Tchaikovsky. Music should always be enjoyable and fun at some level. Of course, some music is incredibly sad sounding, like the Chopin Nocturnes, but that one reason why I love them. You might also enjoy Debussy from the Impressionist period. I'm learning three of his pieces including Clair de Lune.

dogboy said:
When I was young, I learned a lot about classical music by listening to a radio station that played only classical. Of course once I went to a music conservatory, I was surrounded by classical music as it was poring from everyone's rooms. There is so much classical music. The giants are J. S. Bach, who can be a little boring, to Mozart, Haydn and more notably, Beethoven. A lot of his piano Sonatas are well known and famous. My favorite era is the Romantic period for music which includes Chopin, F. Litz, Schumann, Brahms, etc. The piano concertos are maybe the best to listen to first, such as Rachmaninoff, Grieg and Tchaikovsky. Music should always be enjoyable and fun at some level. Of course, some music is incredibly sad sounding, like the Chopin Nocturnes, but that one reason why I love them. You might also enjoy Debussy from the Impressionist period. I'm learning three of his pieces including Clair de Lune.

Almost a direct translation, Claire de Lune and Beethovens Moonlight.

LittleTokio said:

Hi LittleTokio,
My best advice for learning to play the piano is: don't wait! If there is any possibility to get started, do so. It is far easier when you are young and there are more years ahead to improve your playing.
Of course, there are many obstacles: time, money, room for a piano,... Over the years I have had several breaks in my piano lessons but I was always happy when I started again. There was always some solution for the above mentioned problems. Sometimes I needed someone who pushed me a little... Hope I can be that one for you :)

dogboy said:

I agree with Dogboy. There is so much music in so many different styles, there is always something there for you. I learned a lot from the music library although that is rather old-fashioned now, so read: Spotify. Just listen to something. If you like it: try other pieces from the same composer or contemporaries. If you like a piano concerto, try another one from a completely different composer etc. That way you will very rapidly discover what you like.

dogboy said:
...J. S. Bach, who can be a little boring

Dogboy, really?! I wouldn't expect that from a church music director :tongueout:

Makubird said:
Hi LittleTokioway Dogboy, really?! I wouldn't expect that from a church music director :tongueout:

Oh..haha....not boring for me. As an organ performance major from Westminster Choir College, Princeton, I've played my share of Preludes and Fugues. Bach was probably my favorite composer for years. Baroque music can be a bit dry for a lot of people who either aren't professional musicians or simply are into different styles or kinds of music. When I was pursuing my Masters, my teacher, Dr. John Ferguson used to play the game, "if you were stranded on an island with electricity and a pipe organ (laughing at this point) and could only have one book of music, what would it be? For him it was Bach's Trio Sonatas and I think that might be mine. I played several of them, though I studied and performed the G Major with John. John later became the organist, composer and one of the choir directors at St. Olaf's College. He's still the head editor for PBS's "Sing for Joy" show.

dogboy said:
Oh..haha....not boring for me. As an organ performance major from Westminster Choir College, Princeton, I've played my share of Preludes and Fugues. Bach was probably my favorite composer for years. Baroque music can be a bit dry for a lot of people who either aren't professional musicians or simply are into different styles or kinds of music. When I was pursuing my Masters, my teacher, Dr. John Ferguson used to play the game, "if you were stranded on an island with electricity and a pipe organ (laughing at this point) and could only have one book of music, what would it be? For him it was Bach's Trio Sonatas and I think that might be mine. I played several of them, though I studied and performed the G Major with John. John later became the organist, composer and one of the choir directors at St. Olaf's College. He's still the head editor for PBS's "Sing for Joy" show.

I can only dream of playing at a professional level. I played several of the preludes and fugues though, like WTK I in G major and WTK II in B minor. But I had to practice so hard for that :sweatdrop:

During my residency in the hospital I did a bachelor in music theory at the conservatory. One of my teachers was also a professional organist and specialized in Bach. I learned a tremendous lot of him, particularly analysis and harmony. He was also a believer in Bach numerology by the way, counting notes and doing mathematical tricks on them, something that I am still very critical about :rolleyes:. Hope I don't offend you :smile1:.

Currently I am almost finished with the first part of Mozart's piano concerto kv488. I have a play-along cd with the orchestra which is a lot of fun!
As for what music to bring to your island: I don't think I could chose but maybe I would consider Ravel's sonatina.

Makubird said:
I can only dream of playing at a professional level. I played several of the preludes and fugues though, like WTK I in G major and WTK II in B minor. But I had to practice so hard for that :sweatdrop:

During my residency in the hospital I did a bachelor in music theory at the conservatory. One of my teachers was also a professional organist and specialized in Bach. I learned a tremendous lot of him, particularly analysis and harmony. He was also a believer in Bach numerology by the way, counting notes and doing mathematical tricks on them, something that I am still very critical about :rolleyes:. Hope I don't offend you :smile1:.

Currently I am almost finished with the first part of Mozart's piano concerto kv488. I have a play-along cd with the orchestra which is a lot of fun!
As for what music to bring to your island: I don't think I could chose but maybe I would consider Ravel's sonatina.

I've studied a little bit about the assigning letters to the notes and intervals in Bach's work. He would actually spell out in the notes, the title of the Choral Prelude he was writing. It always seemed to me it would be hard enough just writing a piece and not breaking any of the rules of Baroque composition, much less spell out the text in the notes. He was quite the genius.

dogboy said:
I've studied a little bit about the assigning letters to the notes and intervals in Bach's work. He would actually spell out in the notes, the title of the Choral Prelude he was writing. It always seemed to me it would be hard enough just writing a piece and not breaking any of the rules of Baroque composition, much less spell out the text in the notes. He was quite the genius.

Oh, I absolutely think that Bach did amazing things with symbolism and hidden messages in his compositions. It is only when people think that he predicted his own date of death etc that I become skeptical about it. I think there is some degree of multiple testing involved (i.c. collect enough numbers from the music and combine them in an infinite way, and there is always something there).

And I agree that he was a genius. It is unimaginable how much he composed without making a single mistake (at least, I have never seen one). I have still not worked my way through the cantates whilst he had to write one after the other.

Makubird said:
Oh, I absolutely think that Bach did amazing things with symbolism and hidden messages in his compositions. It is only when people think that he predicted his own date of death etc that I become skeptical about it. I think there is some degree of multiple testing involved (i.c. collect enough numbers from the music and combine them in an infinite way, and there is always something there).

And I agree that he was a genius. It is unimaginable how much he composed without making a single mistake (at least, I have never seen one). I have still not worked my way through the cantates whilst he had to write one after the other.

The cantatas are amazing. There was a recording company that set out to record all the cantatas, and done with original instruments and using men and boy choirs. I think they only came out with six or so albums, but I have them. One day I'll re-buy an expensive turn table just so I can play them again. To think that he composed a new cantata every Sunday, wrote the orchestra parts and rehearsed them so they'd be ready by Sunday. It boggles the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back