Not open for further replies.

Yooo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Hey there!

So I'm finally getting the chance to explore my little side, I am wondering if there is any advice you all could give me before buying a pacifier the first time. What size, recommendations, and what should I look for when buying? If you have any helpful advice, I would appreciate it.

I just got my first pacifier for Christmas, so I don't have much experience, but I'll share what little I do have. I got the littleforbig bigshield gen 2 in black. My first few times using it it was kind of uncomfortable, but still soothing. After I got used to it I really enjoyed it. I have been going to sleep with it most every night and find it very comforting and relaxing. I've been a thumbsucker most all of my life, but I must say I really prefer my pacifier. I wish I'd gotten one a long time ago.

I will say on this particular paci, it may not be for you if you have a very small mouth. My wife tried it and said it was just way to big for her mouth. For me though I think they are great. That opinion may change once I try other ones out. I don't have any comparison to make. I would say the thing I like least is hunting for it when I wake up in the mornings. Maybe I'll make it a kind of game I play, Paci Hunt.

All I can say is go for it! I love my pacifier, and I feel it has really improved my quality of life. It calms me, and makes me feel happy.

Andustar said:
I just got my first pacifier for Christmas, so I don't have much experience, but I'll share what little I do have. I got the littleforbig bigshield gen 2 in black. My first few times using it it was kind of uncomfortable, but still soothing. After I got used to it I really enjoyed it. I have been going to sleep with it most every night and find it very comforting and relaxing. I've been a thumbsucker most all of my life, but I must say I really prefer my pacifier. I wish I'd gotten one a long time ago.

I will say on this particular paci, it may not be for you if you have a very small mouth. My wife tried it and said it was just way to big for her mouth. For me though I think they are great. That opinion may change once I try other ones out. I don't have any comparison to make. I would say the thing I like least is hunting for it when I wake up in the mornings. Maybe I'll make it a kind of game I play, Paci Hunt.

All I can say is go for it! I love my pacifier, and I feel it has really improved my quality of life. It calms me, and makes me feel happy.
Thank you Andustar! So you would recommend the littleforbig gen 2? I wouldn't say I have a small mouth haha

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have just recently bought my first pacifiers. I found this article very useful: https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/83336-Guide-to-Pacifiers.

For me the adult size pacifiers do not work: the shields are too big for me and I like my pacifier more when it is genuine, not an enlarged version of a children's pacifier for the ABDL market. Also there is much more choice in designs when you go for the 'real stuff'. You have to find out for yourself if you like the size of the shields.

I have modified some Mam's pacifiers (easy) and Nuk pacifiers (more difficult) by replacing the teat with an adult sized teat. Not all pacifiers can be modified, Mam's are easiest. You can buy teats in several places on the internet, both silicone and latex.

If you buy one of the littleforbig adult size pacifiers and you do not like it, you can still use the teat for modding another paci. The clear silicone teats (littleforbig gen 2) have a bit smaller stem than the opaque ones and are easier to use in a children's pacifier.

Let me know if you need further help.

Thanks Makubird for that tip! I hadn't considered changing the teats like that.

I do like the looks of the littleforbig gen 2--black is also the color I'm looking at. The price is also pretty reasonable being under half of what most ABDL pacis out there.

Andustar said:
Thanks Makubird for that tip! I hadn't considered changing the teats like that.

You're welcome.

If you want to try: YouTube has several instruction videos like this one: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J9gw77LUN_g

Problem with the screwdriver method is that you can easily damage the cap a little. Therefore I prefer to tie a small rope around the cap and pull it until the cap comes off. If the knot doesn't hold you can make it wet so the rope swells a little thereby securing the knot. Sometimes I can pull the cap off without tools, just with my fingers.

The Nuks are more difficult to modify. I can give you some advice with that but you would need to buy special glue for reassembling the pacifier.

Latex teats are made by Nuk (medic pro) and are called Nuk 5. Silicone teats are from other manufacturers and are often called Nuk 6. You can buy both on the internet. Littleforbig is a good start (silicone Nuk 6).

As the others have said, LittleforBig Gen 2 is great! It's what I got as my first paci just a few weeks ago, and I'm very happy with it. The price is really hard to beat, and the quality is very high. Definitely give yourself time to adjust to using one though, the first time I used a pacifier again after so long, my mouth was kinda sore, granted it was a baby pacifier from kroger, but I think the advice still applies. I got one in black and in blue just for reference.

RompingBulbasaur said:
As the others have said, LittleforBig Gen 2 is great! It's what I got as my first paci just a few weeks ago, and I'm very happy with it. The price is really hard to beat, and the quality is very high.

I think so, except for sharp edge around the teat. Can't stop moving my tongue against it and it hurts. Any advice?

Could it be careful trimmed with an X-acto knife? I'd think it'd be not too different from trimming a metal miniture's mould lines--you just have to be more careful with the soft material of the paci and not cut too deep.

If you're not too sure, I would suggest going to the baby isle in a store and getting the largest infant pacifier they sell (probably 18+).

Try this and see if it may be something you like. If so, you can then order the larger adult-sized pacifiers.

The reason I suggest this, is that the infant pacifiers are much cheaper than the adult ones, so if you don't like it, you haven't spent too much. And if you do like it, you still haven't wasted too much money.

Good luck!

I personally started at newborn size and worked my way up. Occasionally I would skip a size. I occasionally like to use the same paci as you stated black gen 2.. I also like 18-36 month paci. I've also tried latex and silcone. I like em both. Each has it's prod and cons as well. Taste texture etc.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I couldn't stop myself from buying a NUK 18-36 latex two pack. I have to boil them-according to the package--tomrrow and try one out during my nap.

MAM is all we use. Get the 16+ size. We use ours every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back