Not open for further replies.

Bladderbrain

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
Hey everyone,

I know it's contrary to a lot of desires around here but I don't want to have the issues I'm having, however they are what they are.

I'm having incontinence due to sciatica nerve issues. The pain I can deal with, i have a really high pain tolerance and I just ignore it. As an example, I passed kidney stones without medication or a doctor's visit. Had an abscessed tooth for a week before having it looked at, just figured the pain would go away, then it swelled up lol.

The part I can't deal with is not knowing when I need to go, it's already causing a bout of depression. Working on that part. I've never had this issue before, liking diapers is just a coincidence. However I do like them to stay clean, just prefer it that way.

Here's the rub, I'm going to be on an airplane for hours soon and need to make sure there aren't an really embarrassing moments. Most issues are happening when I sleep but I'm afraid that during take off or landing when a bathroom is not easily available there maybe some issues. I'm not usually a sleeper on any moving things, but I may doze off with the length of the flight being so long.

I'd like to take any precautions that you guys would recommend. What do you guys think?

I will moderate fluids before and during these times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It's never a good idea to limit your water I take. Especially on an airplane as the air is very dry in them. Drink that water!

Of course, this means you will need a high capacity, premium diaper. Northshore Supreme, Confidry 24/7, or Betterdry/Crinklz are what you will need.

Others like to also use a booster of some sort. When the booster is wet, but before your diaper is, changing out just the booster is much easier while on the plane.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit, also use the search feature here. This topic comes up a LOT.

I would also suggest plastic pants to prevent leeking, better the incovinence then a leek in this case i`d say,and also try to get it out as close as you can before you bording. & as Slomo says moderate the fluid intake is NEVER a good idea you only risk making things worse & i can tell you from personal experince it DONT work you will have to go just as many times as if you did drink

Slomo said:
It's never a good idea to limit your water I take. Especially on an airplane as the air is very dry in them. Drink that water!

Of course, this means you will need a high capacity, premium diaper. Northshore Supreme, Confidry 24/7, or Betterdry/Crinklz are what you will need.

Others like to also use a booster of some sort. When the booster is wet, but before your diaper is, changing out just the booster is much easier while on the plane.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit, also use the search feature here. This topic comes up a LOT.
Thanks Slomo, I use the tapatalk app mostly and it search engine is right up there with bad. I will login on a browser and see what I can find.

Honestly I haven't decided if I'm going to wear or not. I'm not sure if I NEED to. The side of me that has enjoyed this in the past has kind of shrunk. This isn't something I'm handling well, and I'm trying to stay positive. Broke down 2 days ago and hid in a closet for 4 hours.

The plastic pants idea is a good one. I'll need to see if I can find any.

BB

I would STRONGLY suggest you bite the bullet on this one and do wear , it wouldent be very comfy IF there is an accident up there you know

This isn't something I'm handling well, and I'm trying to stay positive. Broke down 2 days ago and hid in a closet for 4 hours.

Im sorry to read that :( we al have our good days as well as bad ones im NOT in any way shape or form happy about al this but i rather wear and protect and al the rest then risk having accidents ether at home or outside & to me this whas actually easy BUT nevertheless crappy choice + i dont have to worry al the time (i still do but less then without ) that an accident will happen

The plastic pants idea is a good one. I'll need to see if I can find any.

You can easily find them if you do a Google search (or any other search engine ) there are also those thats not aimed for AB `s and made for ord IC protection (i use the adult cind my self )

I wore tena maxi slips to and from the states with no problems.

I have worn a diaper 24/7 for urge urinary incontinence for approximately the past 30 years. Before I retired, I needed to fly frequently and always wore a diaper on the plane. I shudder to think how embarrassing it would be to wet myself on a plane if I wasn’t diapered.

Inconinmiss said:
I have worn a diaper 24/7 for urge urinary incontinence for approximately the past 30 years. Before I retired, I needed to fly frequently and always wore a diaper on the plane. I shudder to think how embarrassing it would be to wet myself on a plane if I wasn’t diapered.

Having worked for a major airline the worst case of customer INconsideration is wetting the seat and not telling anyone about it. The seat covers are removable and replaceable.
Often the situation is just that simple - where a seat cover is not available the seat cover is wrapped in a plastic garbage bag and is the best that can be done until the plane gets to a maintenance airport.
If you pee your seat on a plane say something discretely to the crew - like the "S" word the "P" word happens too !

TSA can be the biggest issue to deal with I just told them up front I wore diapers and he ask to do a pat down which I allowed but I made him do it in front of all standing there and it would be very hard to change in the bathroom

i flew to florida recently. i went through tsa wearing regular underwear, and then changed in the handicapped stall while waiting for the flight. worked out great and i didnt have to worry about a very short layover, just raced to the next plane without the need to 'go' and the worry of wetting my pants.

In the UK, only major trains have toilets so I try to pack enough for such train journeys. Otherwise, I try hold until the final station.

I wear a diaper quite often while I fly, not because I NEED them, but because I like to while traveling.
But very often, I find that I’m happy I have one on because its so convenient. More often than not, I find that I wind up needing to pee when the seatbelt sign is on and I literally can’t get up. It’s been super convenient to have that option available to me, ahah :) I realize a lot of people on here can’t help it, and having to wear diapers is decidedly Inconvenient. But there are moments, when it seems like there is a tiny bonus. For me, flying is one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inconinmiss said:

I agree with you. I have long avoided overnight flights though because of the fear of something happening when Im sleeping. Although I havent traveled for a while I kept flight duration when I did travel to under 4 hours if possible. I suspect pullups aren't much of an issue because loads of people wear them nowdays. I got a random security pat down a few years ago and the security agent was very understanding and discreet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well everything went well tell leaving the Dominican. Then all went to Hell.

Since things "looked suspicious I got searched my, bag me, my wife, and about 15 people went to a "private area" to search through everything. I was thoroughly searched, hands down front and back of my diaper. Which wasn't so bad since the secret remained a secret from about 15 or so people. Then they went through my bag, there were 2 left in the bag and the customs agent decided to open both and leave them on the table. My wife asking her in Spanish to be discrete didn't help. Me getting frustrated embarrassed and angry didn't either. Eventually she decided to put them back, I snagged the open bottle of rum and took a good shot before placing it back in the checked bag. All that done openly and on display almost like a stage since they did it one at a time.

Bladderbrain said:
Well everything went well tell leaving the Dominican. Then all went to Hell.

Since things "looked suspicious I got searched my, bag me, my wife, and about 15 people went to a "private area" to search through everything. I was thoroughly searched, hands down front and back of my diaper. Which wasn't so bad since the secret remained a secret from about 15 or so people. Then they went through my bag, there were 2 left in the bag and the customs agent decided to open both and leave them on the table. My wife asking her in Spanish to be discrete didn't help. Me getting frustrated embarrassed and angry didn't either. Eventually she decided to put them back, I snagged the open bottle of rum and took a good shot before placing it back in the checked bag. All that done openly and on display almost like a stage since they did it one at a time.

15 people with you is clearly NOT a private area. You'd have a good case for a lawsuit against them should you want to pursue one.

If in the USA likely but in the Dominican where I'm not a citizen. That'd be something they'd laugh at.....

doodooballs said:
My work explores the relationship between the tyranny of ageing and romance tourism.

With influences as diverse as Wittgenstein and Frida Kahlo, new variations are created from both opaque and transparent narratives.

Ever since I was a pre-adolescent I have been fascinated by the unrelenting divergence of relationships. What starts out as contemplation soon becomes corroded into a carnival of futility, leaving only a sense of unreality and the possibility of a new beginning.

As spatial phenomena become transformed through studious and critical practice, the viewer is left with a hymn to the edges of our culture.
Im sorry I read that and it's very poetic, but you named yourself doodooballs. Im having trouble taking you seriously.

Bladderbrain said:
Im sorry I read that and it's very poetic, but you named yourself doodooballs. Im having trouble taking you seriously.

doodooballs has been pasting that same message in multiple forums and threads. Just ignore him till the mods take care of it.

I will be going on vacation by car, a 6+ hour drive, and will be away for 5 days. I need protection from leaking, so I will wear pull up disposable diapers for the trip. My concern is the hotel, I have wet the bed at home and might have the problem while away. I will probably wear a diaper cover, any recommendations for a pull up for night use?

alwayz said:
I will be going on vacation by car, a 6+ hour drive, and will be away for 5 days. I need protection from leaking, so I will wear pull up disposable diapers for the trip. My concern is the hotel, I have wet the bed at home and might have the problem while away. I will probably wear a diaper cover, any recommendations for a pull up for night use?

My recommendation is normal tape on diapers especially if you are prone to wetting the bed, and take a bed pad along as well to sleep on just in case

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back