skunkbear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Other
Hey everyone!

So I'm in a bit of a pickle here and I'd like your advice - what is the best onesie you own and why?

I bought a Rearz one when I did my first order from them, and while I love the feel and the texture it's way way way too big for me! It sags like crazy and doesn't hold up any diapers that I wear at all. I'm either going to end up selling it or tailoring it (which is going to be a whole experience in and of itself, haha) so it won't just be hiding away in a closet, but it is a little disappointing because clothes are my way into little space almost instantly.

I've been hearing great things about Onesies Down Under and the prints are ADORABLE, but ABU has some cute prints on their onesies too and I planned on buying some diapers from them anyways so I was considering them as well. I've also heard great things about Tykables (and I plan on getting some of their shorts soon - too cute) but I'm just not a fan of the prints/colors.

There are plenty of options open to you if you want onesies. I own three onesies (one of them is a romper style onesie with buttons down the front), they are all great and I got them all from different sources.

Personally I quite like the onesies sold by mslorainex on eBay, she also operates Big Tots on etsy. Her stuff is quite cute and very well made. If you are on the smaller side length wise you'll need to really search her inventory for something that'll fit. If you're on the larger size most of her stock is made with spandex in it so it'll stretch to fit you.

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/mslorainex/m.html

Little For Big and Onesies Down Under are also great, very affordable, fast shipping, good products. Little For Big seems to aim for a female clientele more than a male one, but there are some cute male and unisex designs, they are also where I got my romper style onesie with the buttons all the way down the front, very babyish design and super comfy too.

While they'll deny it, I find Onesies Down Under's stock is very similar in cut and sizing to Little for Big, but they have much more designs. I've heard great things about Onesies Down Under stuff, unfortunately, I haven't been able to buy any of their onesies recently because the designs I want are always out of stock when it comes to my size.

I don't like the assortment of Onesies Rearz offers, some of them aren't even made in house, but are just repurposed onesies from other online sellers. They also tend to have sizes that are either too large or too small.

I don't have any experience with ABU or Tykables onesies or diapersuits as ABU calls them, but they look quite adorable. I've been tempted to get a Little Pawz print one for a while.

Another place you could try is Babypants, I have a nice plain pastel coloured onesie from them and it's very comfy and has held up well. They have good products and the prices are reasonable, but they may take a while to ship.

So yeah, if you want a nice onesie, the sky is the limit, lots of great sellers :)

Last edited:
I own a Little for Big, Onesie Down Under and a Super Boompa onesie.
Out of those, my favourite is the ODU one, the LfB one is a bit tight around my neck and the snaps on the SB one aren't very comfortable (I'm a side-sleeper, and they dug into my leg badly).

I also have a Cuddlz onesie (the only fleece onesie I have) which is great for staying warm on winter nights.

Hi skunkbear, when I wear a onzie, I always wear waterproof pants to cover my diaper. There are no onzies that will hold up a full diaper, so as the diaper fills, it will always sag unless you use some other means to hold it in place. I always wear a diaper cover even to work and you can have some fun with different diaper covers for different occasions. I have many different type of onzies; some are designed for hospital patients and are zipped at the back so you cannot undo the zip and escape your diaper. So, as I said, you need to wear a waterproof diaper cover over your diaper to hold the diaper in place as it fills up to maximum capacity and I suggest the 6ml soft covers from Babykins, but the fun covers are the clear plastic covers so you can see your diaper underneath and they also crinkle so much it is almost deafening. My favorite diaper with clear diaper covers is the Rearz Black Seduction diaper. They soak up an amazing amount and feel so thick. If you really want a onzie to hold up your diaper instead of a cover, then go to Bodysuit.com where there are body suits for male and female that are tight and stretch over the diaper and hold them tight.

I've got a plain white "diapersuit" (onesie) from ABU and a romper from Tykables, and they're both great. The ABU one is very soft and fits well, and I haven't had any sizing troubles. They'd probably be a good place to start cause when you order the white one you can actually test the sizing and fit, and as long as you don't wash it you can send it back if there are any problems. Also if you order with a pack of diapers, like you seem interested in already, then you can save $5 off the price of the diapersuit.
I really like the Tykables romper as well; the quality of both ABU and Tykables is very high but I like to have a little fabric on my legs so im bias toward a romper vs a onesie.

My vote to start with though is ABU since they let you test the size before fully committing. If you want a different design, just order the white one, check the size to be sure should you be concerned about fit, then send it back if you're happy with it and willing to upgrade to a new design!

Hope that helps!

You can also look for onesies for handicapped children. Some manufacturers sell large sizes, large enough for a not too large adult. I think they are often better made than the ABDL onesies (e.g. better fabrics and buttons).

Big Tot on Etsy has wonderful onesies. I have their dinosaur onesie.

I have onesies from ABU, littleforbig, baby-pants, cuddlz, big tots/mslorainex and rearz , the most comfortable ones for me are the ones from baby-pants, I think their prices are fair too, next would be the ones from ABU, they're pretty expensive for being basically a extra long t-shirt with some snaps but the fabric is pretty thick and feels like it'll last a long time. But what may be comfy for me might not be for you, you might have to try a few brands till you find one you like, that's what I had to do.

RompingBulbasaur said:
My vote to start with though is ABU since they let you test the size before fully committing. If you want a different design, just order the white one, check the size to be sure should you be concerned about fit, then send it back if you're happy with it and willing to upgrade to a new design!

Tykables has a 14 day exchange policy on any color, or clothing product for that matter. So why go through the hasstel of shiping back and forth if you want a color to start with? :)

todaler said:
Tykables has a 14 day exchange policy on any color, or clothing product for that matter. So why go through the hasstel of shiping back and forth if you want a color to start with? :)

Oh cool, I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep that in mind next time I'm in the market.

(P.S: just got the Overnights Play Set from you guys, and it's great! I'll probably go leave a review soon)

So I make custom onesies. I have designed it myself and all measurements can be customized. My etsy shop is BinkygirlABcreations. I have about 70 different fabrics you can choose from and I can even do plain colors with custom characters. Here is the link to my shop. More items will be going up soon! https://www.etsy.com/shop/BinkygirlABCreations?ref=search_shop_redirect

I still need to get a good onesie too. I'm not into the baby prints but solid colors and white ones I could tie-dye are what I'm interested in. The recommendations given above are ones I'll take to heart.

Has anyone else tye-dyed their onesies and other little or diaper-related clothing? If I wore cloth diapers, I wonder if dying them would negatively affect the performance?

PaddedDeist said:
Has anyone else tye-dyed their onesies and other little or diaper-related clothing? If I wore cloth diapers, I wonder if dying them would negatively affect the performance?

I have never done that. My only concern would be how long before they begin to fade.

NeverKnow said:
I tend to wear them with a sweatershirt that tends to ride up and reveal my diaper’s waistband stocking out.

I like to do that too when I'm at home, it's one of the fine details I like most when trying to dress little. Just wish it wasn't so risky to do that in public cause I'd probably go out like that really often.

NeverKnow said:
I currently have no specifically ABDL clothing.

I have, though, a pair of relaxed fit, pleated corduroys with an elastic waistband. They are convenient because there is a ton of room to conceal a diaper. But it may be just me that they make me feel rather little. Almost all of the extant baby pictures of me and my brothers have us dressed rather nicely. To me there is something very little about being dressed up in a nice sweater and pants; there’s the fact that the aesthetic choices are made by the parent, and then there’s the fact that the cuteness is constituted by the incongruency of babies being dressed like adults.

I tend to wear them with a sweatershirt that tends to ride up and reveal my diaper’s waistband stocking out.

THIS NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

I picture or more correctly HEAR that the ultimate noise machine is wearing corduroy fabric over plastic crinkle diaper covers.
One would be banned from a Library or quiet work area.
There is no amount of noise stealth or concealment in this combo.

Ok back to trying to be quiet if you can.

I bought another pair of feetie jammies. I'm expecting it to arrive this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back