How to subtly let parents know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accidentally left a diaper at my parents house when I was visiting them at some point. I live out of state and go back for the holidays. I'm usually very good about not forgetting anything and always double check everything before I leave so I'm not sure how or when it happened. My mom found it and gave it back to me when I visited again. I'm pretty sure she already knew because back when I was still living at home I usually kept my diapers in the back corner of my closet behind my hanging cloths. One day my mom being the loving mother she is hung up my laundry for me. She would have to have seen the diapers to put the clothes back but she never mentioned anything.

Katarn89 said:
I accidentally left a diaper at my parents house when I was visiting them at some point. I live out of state and go back for the holidays. I'm usually very good about not forgetting anything and always double check everything before I leave so I'm not sure how or when it happened. My mom found it and gave it back to me when I visited again. I'm pretty sure she already knew because back when I was still living at home I usually kept my diapers in the back corner of my closet behind my hanging cloths. One day my mom being the loving mother she is hung up my laundry for me. She would have to have seen the diapers to put the clothes back but she never mentioned anything.

It's good to hear your mom didn't judge you for the diaper. Based on all the stories here, that's a rarity, and you got lucky.

I find it interesting all these comments on how and why or why not to tell your parents, I worry about the reverse aspect of it and worry about my adult children (oldest just turned 45) finding out that I have been wearing diapers and wetting myself since way before they were a glimmer in my eye.

chamberpot said:
I find it interesting all these comments on how and why or why not to tell your parents, I worry about the reverse aspect of it and worry about my adult children (oldest just turned 45) finding out that I have been wearing diapers and wetting myself since way before they were a glimmer in my eye.

I get your point. But if they find out your wearing diapers now they probably wouldn't think much about it. Once we hit a certain age those issues become more commonplace and acceptable. But if they found out you were wearing years ago they might be more judgmental. I think its none of anybody's business but I have sympathy for those who are still living at home and can't be fully open about their habits and preferences. I don't know if there's any blanket advice to give on this. When I was young I just moved out of the house right after high school when I could afford to rent my own place. Not everybody has that option.

i know mum use to find mine all the time as a kid. Would only wear very rarely and then come back to where i left it and it either was not there or had been washed and folded. Pins removed sitting on top and plastic pants sitting on top of my 2 cloth nappies i had. She never raised it until i was like 17. I simply told her for some reason i cant explain i like to wear nappies. No internet back then so had no idea what drove me to wearing them.

Katarn89 said:

Same thing happened with me. I accidently left my plastic underpants on top of my bed when changing one morning my first summer home from college. My dad saw them when he knocked on the door and asked to come in. I forgot they were there (I just put my pants on over my regular underwear) and I noticed he made a strange face but then asked me his question and left. Only once I turned around did I see my plastic underpants laying in full view on the bed. He nor my mother ever said anything about it but since I had worn protection at night from my past days growing up they probably felt I needed them and at age 18 it was appropriate for my decision.

When I was 12 I bought my first pair of plastic underpants due to wet dreams and I hid them beneath my mattress (out of shame as I thought I was peeing the bed at night). My mom changed my sheets one day and I noted she probably had to pull up the mattress to place the sheet under it. I lifted it myself and the sheet was right next to my plastic underpants. It is possible she could not have seen it and just stuck the sheet in there with her hand, not looking. I m not sure why but I decided to move the plastic underpants to my underwear drawer just like I had when I was 5 years old. I placed my regular underwear over them but several times I noticed my underwear pile had moved around in my drawer and sometime my plastic underpants were sticking out quite noticeably from the side of the stack. I even asked my mother one time if she had done the wash with my underwear from the hamper and she stated she had just finished a load and placed them all in my drawer. I figured she and my dad knew I had those plastic underpants but felt if I was comfortable buying protection for bedtime it was OK and I would tell her if I needed to. It was about a year later I mentioned that I was tired of having wet spots on my underwear several times a week each morning and she just told me about wet dreams and it would soon pass. It was then I realized I was not wetting the bed like typical when I was younger but "other stuff" was the culprit. Once the wet dreams stopped I discarded my protection and my mom probably noted this also; but nothing was ever said which was nice of my mom & dad. My parents probably knew that being a teenager I had too many other issues to sort out so flinging this topic in my face was not that important. My mom was smart enough to probably see the wet spots on my underwear when she did the wash and probably thought that my wearing the plastic underpants was a good idea; especially if I was comfortable wearing them. At least this is my logic for acceptance.

When I went to detox (I was staying with my parents for the summer), my parents cleaned out the guest room of vodka bottles. They also found a used DryCare I had forgotten to throw out (I was pretty deep into my illness). When I got back, Mom asked me about it, and at first I attributed it to a past surgery. I later came clean, and shared BitterGrey's site with them. It went well, I did get a very odd look from my sainted mother though. She asked me if I liked "feeling wet," to which I replied yes. I'm a bit older, and almost died of alcoholism/related crap, so it was pretty easy to do, and I have no regrets.

s I guess in a way I was lucky. Because I still wet the bed most nights in my teens My mother made me see the doc one last time and this time unable to cure my bedwetting. I was refered to a continence nurse and was issued large adult disposable nappies. So my folks new all about my nappy wearing and it wasn't a problem.

guess I'm lucky, mom (rip) when I finally broke down and told her over the phone accepted me... it's hard, wasn't a great deal of benefit and I don't know if she was happier knowing or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back