To shave or not to shave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pongoandperdi15

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Ok so I was doing a bit of forestry management when I slipped with the electric razor taking out more than I wanted to down there, I have neatened it up and limited the damage to just a small area. But I wondered considering I've lost a good 1/4 of it already and I'll have to go through the itching phase on that one, what are people's thoughts on getting rid of it all and keeping it clear does it help or hinder those who are incontinent and wear a nappy all the time?

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

I've found it's better to keep a short layer of hair, for 2 reasons. First, this means using a short guard on the razor- which prevents nicks like that from happening in the first place. Second, having just a little bit of hair keeps the surface of the diaper just off of your skin a little bit, helping to prevent rashes.

Shave too close and you risk cuts, AND a wet diaper will be directly up against your skin which makes rashes more likely. Alternatively, not shaving or having the hair too long will trap more pee and cause even worse rashes, smell, and difficulty getting cleaned up. So either way it is better to keep it trimmed or shaved.

i have found at least for my situation completely smooth with a layer of desitin for the first few days after shaving works the best for me to prevent bumps and ingrown hairs. not knicking yourself will come with practice unfortunately. overall being smooth down there helps A TON get rid of odors less chance for rash. and actually is more comfortable.

Personally I trim with a small beard trimmer with the comb / guard removed, this is quick and easy to use, it requires a fair bit of practice to get perfect, but i can get terrible shaving rash and ingrown so avoid any and all real shaving.

Not trimming isn't an option anymore as if it the hair gets to long it gets dried out from getting scrubbed with soap every day, and traps soap, talc, cream etc.

I have been hair-free down there since becoming IC five years ago. It helps me with rashes and odors and makes cleanup while changing a lot easier. At this point I can’t even imagine growing the hair back.

I've been bare down there for years and wouldn't think about growing it back.
Sure makes clean up and odor control a whole easier. All I use is cornstarch
powder with my disposable and cloth diapers with no rashes.

I would say that shaving has definitely been better for me but its kind of something that you have to find out for yourself. I will say the first couple times I shaved I had issues with rsh/ingrowns but that went away for the most part after a couple weeks

Shave for sure. I notice an incredible difference from when I do and don’t. The biggest is the ease of clean-up and more relevant the smell. The urine just soaks into the hair and I smell awful

Been shaving it for decades. I use a multi-blade razor, and I keep it clean & unclogged. Shaving takes about 20 seconds total, in the shower. I use Dr. Bonner's, mixed with either Hibiclens or BetaSept (both surgical soaps). I get zero ingrown hairs, and zero rashes. I think your skin eventually gets used to shaving in any direction, and leaving the surgical soap on while you finish showering keeps the area sanitized, if not sterilized. It works for me, but I am light haired. Maybe it'll work for some of you.

I keep myself smooth because hair holds the pee smell in even when you use wipes. It's much easier to clean and keep that way, and once you get use making it part of your daily shower routine, there's less inflammation from the shaving. At least for me... :)

It helps, of course, less area for my body fluids to cling to, also puts more of my body in contact with the diaper ive noticed...

Just natural down there.

I like to keep myself shaved SUPER short. Like...I don't use ANY of the guards and take an electric shaver to my entire groin area. I do my legs, my pubes (up to belly), my taint, my butt area, balls and shaft. I do most all of it as short as possible WITHOUT shaving myself bare.

I'm a bedwetter and wear a diaper every night for bed. But sometimes in the morning...I might like to skip a shower, or on days off, stay diapered longer than usual. And for those cases, I worry about lingering odor.

But over time I have learned that keeping hair VERY short in the pubic area cuts down DRASTICALLY on odor and residual smell.

So in MY opinion? I say shave. Or at least trim with scissors. Keep yourself neat down there. Especially if you wear diapers....hair holds in sweat, urine and odors. The less hair...the better.

I would like to shave clean so that I could look like a little boy.

i am and have always been smooth down bellow its like every one says feels cleaner less odour and easter to wipe down and put fresh cream on too definitely smooth is best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back