How to buy plastic pants? (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yfront

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Having just revived my DL side, I really want to buy some old-fashioned plastic pants, but that is harder for me than it looks and I wondered if anyone had advice. I live in south-east England

I can't buy anything online because my wife will find out (she looks carefully at credit card statements and it is impossible to arrange delivery when she is out). I suppose I could find a supplier who was prepared to (a) accept cash for a mail order and (b) send the order to a collection point like a local shop.

Of course, you can buy incontinence pants in all sorts of places now, but I can't see proper plastic ones anywhere, presumably because they are deemed uncomfortable, and there are products that deal with heavy users' demands more discreetly. Boots and Lloyds don't stock them any more. As far as I can see, there isn't anything similar in the Tena range. I've made a couple of local pharmacies which have helpfully recommended Tena pants, but sounded puzzled when I said I wanted plastic ones. Even John Bell & Croyden in London, which used to be my go-to place for diapers, doesn't seem to stock them any more, judging from their website.

Does anyone have any ideas?

The Drylife basics ones are really good and really cheap. Maybe you could pick up if you live near their depot?

Otherwise try disability and medical supply stores near you.

I have a similar problem getting anything ABDL related. There's a couple of tricks I have:

Firstly for online sales (which means you can get virtually anything) you can pay by Paypal in most cases and can sometimes collect at Argos or get delivered to a local ABDL friend (always good to have someone you've met in person) or I'm sure there is something like a place you can have parcels delivered to and then pick up in person - Doddle I think.

Secondly for picking up stuff in person (the original and best), you still sometimes see plastic pants in larger chemists which have an incontinence section or mobility shops.
Something I've done recently is buy myself a popper vest from Mark n Spencers, they don't have them instore but you can pay at a store in cash and then pick up from there in 1 or 2 days time.

Last edited:
Drylife/incontinence shop/nappiesrus have a shop in SE, but they also sell through Amazon, who do their Amazon locker thing at local shops.
I can't remember for sure, but I don't recall seeing anything incriminating on my bank statements when buying through Amazon. To be safe, you could always just buy yourself an Amazon gift card and pay with that.

I don't know if they have these in the UK (I suspect they do) but here in the states you can get a MasterCard or Visa gift card at many places for cash. Then use these cards for an online purchase.

Have you looked to see if there is any disability/healthcare shops near by, in some of the ones i have visited I have seen plastic pants in there incontinence area.

I've actually tracked down a shop that stocks them, but its a bit far to get to without arousing my wife's curiosity.

Flippin' heck! Talk about the old ball and chain....
🤣

Understand, but "love me love my diaper" is a big ask. I get my diapers (nappies) from Amazon in the UK and they are delivered in the same brown cardboard boxes as everything else. Years ago Drylife were not very good about sending out orders quickly, but these days everything i get from them through Amazon is delivered on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back