Not open for further replies.

MissDaisyy

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Other
I'm sure the everyone's heard of the old fashioned warm water trick that you do when someone's asleep. It's pretty simple. Wait for them to fall asleep, place their hand in a bowl of warm water, and their body goes on it's own. This phenomenon is described by some as a definite way of causing incontinence, but not all. Someone tried to do it to me when I was about 16 at a sleepover, and it sort of worked, but it was more of a dribble than all the way. I've seen threads about this from years ago, but I was just wondering if anyone's tried it on themselves. This brings about my proposal to you guys:

Why don't we do a little experiment? I've seen some people say you can do it alone or with a friend.

Alone: Before you go to sleep or take a nap, put your hand in a slightly warm bowl of water. Try not to move around too much, as it might spill. You might want to wait till you're really tired.

With someone else: Ask someone to put your hand in a warm bowl of water once you've fallen asleep. It works best when you are sound asleep, so make sure the other person knows you're asleep.

It might not be as effective if you're doing it alone, but as long as your hand stays in the bowl, and you use slightly warmer water so that it doesn't cool down before you go to sleep, there's a possibility of results. Also, you might wanna do it with a relatively full bladder. Not bursting at the seams, but a noticeable amount.

Please please please try this out and say what happens when you wake up on the thread! Again, this might not work for many, but you won't know until you try.

Give this a try?
-MissDaisyy

Doing this by myself will be difficult.
By the time I fall asleep the water will cool down.
I'm also afraid I would move my hand and spill it.
With another person this would be worth a try however.

I actually have a story about this. My friend did this to me but I was awake and I knew they were doing it. I peed myself anyway just for fun and I didn't get in trouble for it because it was his fault.

Reactions: bbydpr
Never have tried it, and I'm skeptical that it would work for me with just one hand in the water. Without a doubt, though, warm showers relax that part of my body and make urination much easier. In fact, if my bladder is full, I find it difficult not to urinate when I'm taking a warm shower. I recently had surgery to repair a hernia, and in the first few days following surgery it was extremely difficult to urinate because of the pain in my abdomen and the tenseness that created. On several occasions, after trying to urinate for nearly a half an hour, I stepped into the shower and was able to take care of my business moments later. I'm not big on urination in pools, the bathtub, or other such places, but in this case I really had no choice.

I think it's really difficult to do by yourself. Falling asleep in a weird position is pretty tough, and even if you did, the water probably cools down or you'll move and take your hand out or spill it. I'd be totally game for someone to do this to me if I had anyone who was sleeping over and knew about me being ABDL, but that situation isn't likely to come up in the immediate future, alas. Plus, it means that somebody else has to stay up way later than you so they can make sure you're really asleep, which might be annoying for them.

I once worked in a hospital as an orderly for a few months. During that time I noticed that some of the older patients who might have trouble urinating would sometimes ask the orderlies or nurses to run the faucet in their rooms so they could hear it trickling, and sometimes that would help them. I personally have noticed that once when I was already "holding it," and I started watering the flowers with a garden hose, I soon found myself rudely "interrupted" by having to put down the hose and make my way to the bathroom to pee, with no more "holding it grace" extended to me by my suddenly demanding bladder. Somehow that garden hose stream entered my mind and, I suddenly was quite "ready" once I made it to the bathroom "without further adieu."

Cottontail said:
Never have tried it, and I'm skeptical that it would work for me with just one hand in the water. Without a doubt, though, warm showers relax that part of my body and make urination much easier. In fact, if my bladder is full, I find it difficult not to urinate when I'm taking a warm shower. I recently had surgery to repair a hernia, and in the first few days following surgery it was extremely difficult to urinate because of the pain in my abdomen and the tenseness that created. On several occasions, after trying to urinate for nearly a half an hour, I stepped into the shower and was able to take care of my business moments later. I'm not big on urination in pools, the bathtub, or other such places, but in this case I really had no choice.
Heyy I had hernia surgery too before, high five!

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

inthedark said:
Heyy I had hernia surgery too before, high five!

*high five back*

It's a blast. Everybody should have it.

I have no intention of asking someone to do this.

As for doing it myself, it takes me some time to fall asleep so I think the water would no longer be warm unless I started with hot water and I don't want to put my hand in that. I am also a person that moves around a lot in my sleep so I suspect that my hand would never stay in the water container long enough.

There was an episode of the Mythbusters several years ago that had a segment on this. They concluded that it was not true.

BabyDenise said:
There was an episode of the Mythbusters several years ago that had a segment on this. They concluded that it was not true.

I think it's not much different than say, hypnosis. A little of it has to do with wanting it to have an effect, but a large part of it is just up to the person as to whether or not it works on them.

If you've ever watched a hypnotism act you know the drill. They'll start out with maybe 20 people in the group, and before the act even really starts the performer has already quietly hustled 1/4 - 1/3 of them back to their seats. They'll also swiftly remove people that "drop out" of the hypnotism throughout the performance. (or because their hypnotism was "too shallow" to maintain) It's not uncommon to only end up with the "hardest sleepers" in the last part of the act, often just the best two, that were most accepting of it. Because the performer knows he can keep those two firmly "under the influence" for the most extreme part of the show.

It's partly mental, and partly biological. So don't be too disappointed if "the water trick" doesn't work for you, and just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for someone else.

I saw the myth busters episode. The problem with it was they really never were sleeping soundly. I dont think they ended up with a good test.

My roommate and a friend of his tried on me in college. Surprisingly, i didnt wetthe bed, but only because i woke up just about bursting. ran to the can, and bearly made it. ended upsquirting all over the place trying to get it out of my underwear. they laughed. i got even later.

ggreggy said:
I saw the myth busters episode. The problem with it was they really never were sleeping soundly. I dont think they ended up with a good test.

My roommate and a friend of his tried on me in college. Surprisingly, i didnt wetthe bed, but only because i woke up just about bursting. ran to the can, and bearly made it. ended upsquirting all over the place trying to get it out of my underwear. they laughed. i got even later.

It's been documented elsewhere too. A person's susceptibility to the old :hand in warm water" trick is about as effective to someone being able to get hypnotized. it works for some, not at all for others. The mythbuster's problem was too small of a sample size.

yup Mythbusters busted the prank

ggreggy said:

I agree. I don't think it was a really good verification test. I think the episode showed more of the problems in trying to stage the myth than in any really good results.

it doesnt work. i tried it several times on my cussin years back, all it did was wake him up after a few minutes wondering why his hand was wet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back