Status
Not open for further replies.

Makubird

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Tonight I was drinking a beer and the glass was standing next to my baby bottle with lemonade. It looked very funny so I was laughing about myself. It happens more often that my ABDL habits mismatch with my adult life. It often makes me smile.

So, do you ever laugh about you being an ABDL?

Not so much laugh. I look at myself in the mirror when I put a diaper on and think I look pretty darn cute! In the morning I look in the mirror and I'm amazed at the bulkiness and how far the liquid went.

Sometimes I think wtf am I doing? These things are so expensive!

Scaramouche said:

You can say that again!

When my baby bottle came in, I started having a mental breakdown and asking myself why I bought it, but then ripped open the packaging because my little side couldn't wait to use it, if that counts.

I do. I'd say it marked the beginning of improvement in how I dealt with being an ABDL. It's ridiculous and ridiculous things can be funny. I think the positive side was grasping that we do a number of things that are also pretty ridiculous but we don't worry about them because they're "normal". Being an ABDL is abnormal but it works for me. I can have a laugh about it and still love it.

Oh god, the funniest sight for me was dressing in my Boy Scouts or ROTC uniform with a pacifier in my mouth and a stuffed tiger in my arms. Some things are just too ridiculous not to laugh at :p

Trevor said:
I do. I'd say it marked the beginning of improvement in how I dealt with being an ABDL. It's ridiculous and ridiculous things can be funny. I think the positive side was grasping that we do a number of things that are also pretty ridiculous but we don't worry about them because they're "normal". Being an ABDL is abnormal but it works for me. I can have a laugh about it and still love it.

I agree. And humor and laughing helps in accepting these things. For me it is a kind of compassion with myself.

- - - Updated - - -

JasperW said:
Oh god, the funniest sight for me was dressing in my Boy Scouts or ROTC uniform with a pacifier in my mouth and a stuffed tiger in my arms. Some things are just too ridiculous not to laugh at :p

:D :paci:

Makubird said:
I agree. And humor and laughing helps in accepting these things. For me it is a kind of compassion with myself.

I've thought about that too. I almost added something addressing that in my post but it didn't quite come together. The idea is that I'm laughing with myself not at myself. It's not mean-spirited or running myself down for liking this. It's silly but I love it and I think that embracing the contradictions are positive. We excuse or rationalize many things that we do but we're also devastating critics of ourselves. I've suggested here before to think of how you'd react to a friend who told you of an awkward secret that weighed on them heavily. Give yourself the same comfort and compassion you'd give them. It's okay.

Trevor said:
The idea is that I'm laughing with myself not at myself. It's not mean-spirited or running myself down for liking this. It's silly but I love it and I think that embracing the contradictions are positive. We excuse or rationalize many things that we do but we're also devastating critics of ourselves.

Exactly, I couldn't agree more!

Scaramouche said:
Not so much laugh. I look at myself in the mirror when I put a diaper on and think I look pretty darn cute! In the morning I look in the mirror and I'm amazed at the bulkiness and how far the liquid went.

I take nearly the same approach. It makes me smile. I've seen both sides mix from time to time. Sometimes I:m left scratching my head while others I'm in pure enjoyment.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I definitely think it's a great thing to have a good sense of humor about all this. I've definitely looked at myself in the mirror with shortalls, a romper on and a paci in my mouth and couldn't help but smile :). I've also been there thinking about how expensive this stuff can get like Scaramouche said :laugh:

Sometimes I'll laugh, sure.

My personal outlook on AB and regressing is usually one of reverence. I take being a baby very seriously and I think it's a very cute, innocent, fun and emotionally fulfilling practice. When I look at being an AB in that way, the thought of others having a laugh at my expense or because they just don't get it hurts because in my view this part of myself isn't some joke, it's entirely valid. That being said, I am also a pretty self-aware guy with a great sense of humour, so sometimes when I regress I don't mind having a good laugh at myself, especially if I do something silly while in baby-mode, like using way too much baby powder, or tying my bib on crooked, or getting milk down my chin from using my bottle. I'm also fine with people who understand this interest having a good laugh alongside me as well.

Scaramouche said:
Not so much laugh. I look at myself in the mirror when I put a diaper on and think I look pretty darn cute!

This is exactly me almost all the time. When I freshly diaper up and I'm snug in my onesie, I can't help but look at myself in the mirror and think "My, that's a cute baby". In fact, doing this from time to time has helped me build confidence and feel more comfortable in my skin as an adult-baby :paci:

Last edited:
My ex girlfriend knew about my curious interests. She was never involved in my ABDL activities and had no interest to become so whatsoever. We also did not really talk about it but occasionally we made kind little jokes about it. When she joked about it I knew that she was accepting this side of me. When I joked about it, she knew that I was willing to share but not in an obtrusive way. It sort of kept the dialogue open.

In general I think that humor and laughing about yourself diminishes tension, 'seriousness' and shame. At least it works for me.

Since English is not my native language and my vocabulary is not that large, I find it difficult to express myself more precisely but I hope you understand what I mean.

Makubird said:
Since English is not my native language and my vocabulary is not that large, I find it difficult to express myself more precisely but I hope you understand what I mean.

I totally get it, and I agree. I don't ever laugh at myself to be mean about it, I've used it to help accept myself as well.

And I never would've guess English wasn't your native language! You speak it (well type it I guess) very well!

RompingBulbasaur said:
And I never would've guess English wasn't your native language! You speak it (well type it I guess) very well!

Thank you :)
I am Dutch but I read English a lot in my professional life. However, professional English is very different from everyday-life-English.

Hey Makubird, thanks for starting this thread! I do laugh at myself ... a lot! Like Trevor mentioned, I think once you get to the point where you can see the humor in your ABDL, you're getting to a better place. Life is too short not to laugh as much and as often as possible ... especially when you see the cognitive dissonance between the adult and baby parts of you side by side.

Be well.

TabulaRasa2017 said:
Hey Makubird, thanks for starting this thread! I do laugh at myself ... a lot! Like Trevor mentioned, I think once you get to the point where you can see the humor in your ABDL, you're getting to a better place. Life is too short not to laugh as much and as often as possible ... especially when you see the cognitive dissonance between the adult and baby parts of you side by side.

Be well.

Thank you TabulaRasa! In a reply to my first post where I introduced myself, you wrote that you have only recently accepted the ABDL part of yourself. Being able to laugh with yourself seems pretty advanced in the process of acceptance, so good for you. :)

Nice avatar by the way.

Makubird said:
Thank you TabulaRasa! In a reply to my first post where I introduced myself, you wrote that you have only recently accepted the ABDL part of yourself. Being able to laugh with yourself seems pretty advanced in the process of acceptance, so good for you. :)

Nice avatar by the way.

Hi Makubird,

Thanks! The avatar seemed about the most ridiculously appropriate thing for how I was feeling at the time -- and aren't we all super cool unicorns deep inside anyways? LOL

As a general rule, I don't take myself too seriously but ABDL was a scary and fretful thing for me for a long time. Now that I've finally come to peace with this part of myself, I can laugh at it, too - it's no longer the monster it once was for me.

Be well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back