My Rearz Safari just arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mayhem said:
This would be true if their tapes were not such trash.

I haven't had many problems with their tapes. They aren't as readjustable as the ones on ABU diapers but if you are careful and get the positioning down pat those tapes hold like the dickens. But, yeah, readjusting the tapes on a Safari is a no go, I can see how someone could find the tapes on them inconvenient for that reason. Still, the diaper itself is ace!

Poofybutt said:
I haven't had many problems with their tapes. They aren't as readjustable as the ones on ABU diapers but if you are careful and get the positioning down pat those tapes hold like the dickens. But, yeah, readjusting the tapes on a Safari is a no go, I can see how someone could find the tapes on them inconvenient for that reason. Still, the diaper itself is ace!

The problem isn’t with readjusting. The tapes pull away from the wing where they are glued on. It has nothing to do with being readjustable. Their tapes are just pure trash. ABU diapers have the same problem. You can’t get the diaper to fit secure and snug without the tapes peeling from the wing. You must wear your diapers really loosely.

mayhem said:
The problem isn’t with readjusting. The tapes pull away from the wing where they are glued on. It has nothing to do with being readjustable. Their tapes are just pure trash. ABU diapers have the same problem. You can’t get the diaper to fit secure and snug without the tapes peeling from the wing. You must wear your diapers really loosely.

I've used a lot of different brands of AB diapers and I've never had a problem with the tapes ripping off from the wing. I do not wear my diapers loosely either, when I wear them they're usually pretty snug and form fitting. The only time I ever had a tape rip off the diaper was when I was first starting out and I was using diapers that clearly weren't in my size range. Perhaps you are using diapers that are too small for you or maybe you've just had really bad luck with certain brands. In any event, I've never had that problem, hence my ringing endorsement of Safari and ABU brands.

Out of curiosity what diapers do you primarily use?

I wear Safari's whenever I'm travelling long distances or for times when I just want some extra protection. I think they are fantastic and agree with others re the tabs - give them time to settle and they'll stick really well. Fortunately I have caretakers who change me throughout the day so being changed while lying down is best for be - ensures and nice snug fit!!

Poofybutt said:
I've used a lot of different brands of AB diapers and I've never had a problem with the tapes ripping off from the wing. I do not wear my diapers loosely either, when I wear them they're usually pretty snug and form fitting. The only time I ever had a tape rip off the diaper was when I was first starting out and I was using diapers that clearly weren't in my size range. Perhaps you are using diapers that are too small for you or maybe you've just had really bad luck with certain brands. In any event, I've never had that problem, hence my ringing endorsement of Safari and ABU brands.

Out of curiosity what diapers do you primarily use?

I’m in continent and have been in diapers for years and most defiantly wear the correct size. I primarily use dry 24/7s in medium but recently have been using crinklz and better dry. Crinklz and better dry have tapes that don’t stick well so I’ll probably go back to the dry 24/7.

mayhem said:
I’m in continent and have been in diapers for years and most defiantly wear the correct size. I primarily use dry 24/7s in medium but recently have been using crinklz and better dry. Crinklz and better dry have tapes that don’t stick well so I’ll probably go back to the dry 24/7.

Fair enough. I dig the Dry 24/7's myself but I have a preference for my ABU and Safari brands. Sorry you've had such troubles with their tapes.

Taping is an art for sure. I can barely do it alone. Although my mommy is awesome at it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Poofybutt said:
Fair enough. I dig the Dry 24/7's myself but I have a preference for my ABU and Safari brands. Sorry you've had such troubles with their tapes.

It happens to all brands eventually. There are runs that have bad tapes or pin holes. About 7 years ago arena had a run with pin holes and I ended up with a very wet butt and office chair (and had no idea).

mayhem said:

This is a recent development. Their tapes were phenominal a couple months ago. I'm really hoping it's a bad run or they otherwise return to making stronger tapes again.

Kinda strange to hear so much bad talk about the tapes on Safaris. I have been wearing Rearz Inpires for some time now and am sure the tapes are the same and I've had no such bad luck. I really like the HD thick front panel and the single layer tapes that stick well and can be pulled off and re-stuck without issue. These are a new order so could they just be a new batch?? Anyway I really Love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back