My Rearz Safari just arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkjo

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This is the first time I ordered something like this...and the packaging is really discreet, only a grey box with my name and address, and that's it. The enclosed document does say the website (I ordered it from NappiesRUs), but I don't think anybody can open it since it's sealed tight.

It costs £17.95 + £5.49 for shipping. It's a pack of 12 and M size, since my waist is around 90 cm. The packaging is quite huge, so should I take out all the diapers and put it in my stash, or keep it in the plastic packaging? My stash is quite small, so I need to make some adjustments.

Err...I'm doing a great job at putting it on... I've almost never used tape diapers, do you put them on while lying down or standing up?

Last edited:
Have fun! I'm wearing one right now, they're great!
I think as long as you open the plastic soon and take one out the rest should be fine. I ordered 3 bags, the one I open seems fine but leaving the other 2 unopen does seem to have made them thinner.

Shadow456 said:
Have fun! I'm wearing one right now, they're great!
I think as long as you open the plastic soon and take one out the rest should be fine. I ordered 3 bags, the one I open seems fine but leaving the other 2 unopen does seem to have made them thinner.

I see. These are surprisingly thick and huge, and I almost never use tape ones, so I might need some time to properly put them on :sweatdrop:

Yes! That's why I love them, so thick!

Taping nappies is an art, it's taken me months to do it well. The tapes will do for 1 or 2 adjustments, but I wouldn't push it more than that.

Shadow456 said:
Yes! That's why I love them, so thick!

Taping nappies is an art, it's taken me months to do it well. The tapes will do for 1 or 2 adjustments, but I wouldn't push it more than that.

The packaging says refastenable tapes...But I agree, the tapes are so sticky they will probably rip off the outer plastic if I adjust it too much.

Just adjust the tapes quickly and let them sit for a few before going to play, they will get grippier as the settle in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

You may need to get some packing tape or duck tape just in case.

In response to your question about how to put them on, I would say that I've found standing with my butt back against something, like a wall, my preference the bathroom cabinet/sink. I lean there to hold it in place, and am able to lean forward to re-adjust placement if needed. Kinda hard to do laying down. Good luck. I have some Rearz Inspires that I love and hear the Safaris are really super thick so would love to try some.

Laying down to put them on is probably the easier way to start. The tapes on rearz are shitty though. They pull off of the wing so make sure you have duct tape ready.

It'd be a lot easier with someone to put it on for you though... *sigh* :sad:

Bose said:
It'd be a lot easier with someone to put it on for you though... *sigh* :sad:

It's sad, but we make do with what we've got. We may be babies, but we're big babies, big enough to put on our own nappies :paci:

Shadow456 said:
It's sad, but we make do with what we've got. We may be babies, but we're big babies, big enough to put on our own nappies :paci:

That's true.. I'm ok at putting them on myself but I find it tricky going from lying down to standing and when bending to pull on my plastic pants. I've popped the tapes a few times which I think is because I do them up too tight but I don't want to leave them too loose and risk leaks. A loose flappy nappy isn't a good feeling! I'd never looked at Rearz Safaris before but they look really cute on nappiesrus so I'll definitely be ordering some.

darkjo said:
I see. These are surprisingly thick and huge, and I almost never use tape ones, so I might need some time to properly put them on :sweatdrop:

You are certainly in for a treat my friend :smile:

Safari diapers are some of the best on the market aside from ABU brands. They are super thick and really thirsty.

With regards to putting them on, the tutorial Shadow456 provided is a great guide. I typically use a mirror when I'm putting mine on just to make sure the positioning is right. It doesn't hurt to take your time taping into one of these bad boys, you want to make sure you get the right fit. I personally have some sizing issues when I put on Safaris (I'm right between a Medium and Large and I find that the Mediums are too snug on me whereas the larges have too much space in the rear), so I always take my time when popping one on.

In any event, I hope you enjoy em

Bose said:
That's true.. I'm ok at putting them on myself but I find it tricky going from lying down to standing and when bending to pull on my plastic pants. I've popped the tapes a few times which I think is because I do them up too tight but I don't want to leave them too loose and risk leaks. A loose flappy nappy isn't a good feeling! I'd never looked at Rearz Safaris before but they look really cute on nappiesrus so I'll definitely be ordering some.

Like I said earlier in the thread, taping a nappy is an art. I personally do it while sitting up, that usually provides an ideal fit for me, but it's all about practice and getting a feeling for where's snug but breathable.

Poofybutt said:
Safari diapers are some of the best on the market

This would be true if their tapes were not such trash.

mayhem said:
I've never had any issues with the tapes. If you let them bond for a minute or two before going crazy they usually work great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

mayhem said:

Eh, your mileage may vary. As long as I can tape them up nicely in the first 2 tries the tapes have never let me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back