Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: cloth

I have some Leakmaster AIO with Velcro closer on them , I like them but only wear them at home as they are very bulky and would be difficult to hide, they are very thick and I find that they are hard to get dry, have to run them tough the dryer twice. All that being said I really like them for around the house, they do feel wet but that is to be expected,

I am in the process of transitioning fully to cloth at night. I find that cloth prevents the leaks I normally get as a side-sleeper when I wear disposables. For a while, I wore a Leakmaster cloth contour over the disposable at night, but decided if I am going to wash a couple diapers anyway, I might as well go all-in and save money over premium disposables. I've only tried one cloth AIO and was not impressed. The one I tried was cheaply made and the plastic cover melted immediately in the dryer on the low heat setting (as recommended by the seller). I will probably try other brands in hopes of finding one that works, as I do like the concept and could seeing wearing AIOs during the day at home. I do have a couple heavy weight contours with Velcro that I like very much. They fit well, snug up nicely, and feel comfortable. I also have heavyweight prefolds and contours that I rotate through, depending on my mood. Yes, I feel more damp than I do in a disposable, but it doesn't become bothersome until it is really soaked. While I don't especially like dealing with wet diapers and the laundering process, the money saved (even using cloth only at night) makes it worth the extra effort, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStripeLvr View Post
    I am in the process of transitioning fully to cloth at night. I find that cloth prevents the leaks I normally get as a side-sleeper when I wear disposables. For a while, I wore a Leakmaster cloth contour over the disposable at night, but decided if I am going to wash a couple diapers anyway, I might as well go all-in and save money over premium disposables. I've only tried one cloth AIO and was not impressed. The one I tried was cheaply made and the plastic cover melted immediately in the dryer on the low heat setting (as recommended by the seller). I will probably try other brands in hopes of finding one that works, as I do like the concept and could seeing wearing AIOs during the day at home. I do have a couple heavy weight contours with Velcro that I like very much. They fit well, snug up nicely, and feel comfortable. I also have heavyweight prefolds and contours that I rotate through, depending on my mood. Yes, I feel more damp than I do in a disposable, but it doesn't become bothersome until it is really soaked. While I don't especially like dealing with wet diapers and the laundering process, the money saved (even using cloth only at night) makes it worth the extra effort, at least for me.
    A great nite diaper is the Angelfluff super heavy weight nite diaper I get with Velcro because i would not be able to use pins because of my neuromuscular disease. I sleep in them ever nite,Angelfluff is also so far the only place to get Gary active wear PUL for high rise diapers both my day contours and my night are high rise, gives you extra coverage.i have had mine 11 years they just get nicer and more comfy.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
    A great nite diaper is the Angelfluff super heavy weight nite diaper I get with Velcro because i would not be able to use pins because of my neuromuscular disease. I sleep in them ever nite,Angelfluff is also so far the only place to get Gary active wear PUL for high rise diapers both my day contours and my night are high rise, gives you extra coverage.i have had mine 11 years they just get nicer and more comfy.
    Thanks Tetra! I've heard good things about the Angelfluff with Velcro. I need to place an order and give them a try - I think I will be inclined to wear cloth more often (around the house, etc) if I have quality diapers and don't have to deal with pins. How does the absorbency of the super heavy weights compare to, say, a Gary or Changing Times night weight diaper?

Also, I am waiting to "Level Up" before I am able to reply to PM's

Those velcro Angelfluff diapers look nice but I've never worn cloth. How many cloth diapers would someone need? (If just worn at night and if someone wore them 24/7.)

I use cloth on my days off and when I sleep at home. I have about 18-20 day weight diapers and 4 heavy night time diapers. If I know I will only have about 5 or 6 hours to sleep, I'll just use a day weight diaper. I wash when I have about 7 diapers in my pail.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedDeist View Post
    Those velcro Angelfluff diapers look nice but I've never worn cloth. How many cloth diapers would someone need? (If just worn at night and if someone wore them 24/7.)
    For 24/7 you will need a fair amount but it will depend on how often you can do laundry and how many you will use in a tropical day.

Figuring 3 diapers a day times 3 days between washing = 9 diapers plus a couple spares, I think a minimum of 12 would be about right. And don't forget the plastic pants. Again you will need several pairs.

I use the happy endings cloth diaper and it worked great for me. It was able to hold a lot throughout the day and it was tight enough that it wouldn't leak. The only thing disposable has over it is the smell but the diaper itself is tight enough that it is not noticeable.

This is what i was talking about for reference: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

stashwise i would think disposable, and convert it to cloth, so in my case i'm using 4 to 5 disposable diapers a day and 1 or 2 at night, thats quite a stash and such

Default All in one cloth diapers

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I wear contoured cloth diapers with Velcro tabs when I wear cloth, which is not that often. With a soaker pad, they hold about as much as a mid-range disposable. I haven't really tried stressing them for capacity, only on occasion for comedic bulk. One of my observations/complaints is that cloth diapers feel wet when you wet them, which isn't hard to understand. I wouldn't really say "clammy" as to me that speaks of unpleasant coolness. They get damp and remain that way. I find that also reduces the time I can stay in a wet diaper without irritation but from others posting, it seems like it's not universal. They're okay but I like disposables better most of the time.

I have one all in one diaper and it seems sort of pointless. I don't trust it for more than a small wetting without plastic pants.
    The All in Ones are great if you can put up with the short life of the plastic part, which can and will wear out in a short period of time from washing. Also I have found from personal use that the cloth will bulk up in areas and get hard from washing and drying.