It's been a while! Being ABDL with roommates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepies

Just your friendly neighborhood baa-by
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Hey guys! Man it's been a while.

Used to post rather often but disappeared because of a move and have had major urges to indulge in being abdl and wearing diapers in my new place.

But! I live in a small apartment with 3 other people including my s/o who shares the room.

They know I'm very childlike as I play with toys and openly leave things around like rubber dinosaurs in the bath but don't know about the diapers nor do I want to tell them. My s/o knows and is very accepting but I'm terribly shy to wear around him.

Any ideas how to do this with so many people around?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Speaking from experience, when I first had to share an apartment with some roommates, I tried my best to keep these interests on the down-low. In doing so, I often faced what you are facing, a rather strong urge to indulge my AB side. Fortunately, while I was in a shared apartment space, me and my roommates had our own separate bedrooms, so I kept a pack of diapers on me and some other accessories and would engage in private whenever I had the time. So long as I wasn't stinking up the joint or shaking a rattle, my roommates never picked up on anything and seldom ever bothered me. Usually when you're behind closed doors the tendency of others is to knock if it's important or to leave well enough alone.

So, my question to you, you may be sharing the space with others and it may be small, but do you have access to your own individual bedrooms? If you do, you could always indulge in private, by yourself or with your SO, just make sure you do so in your own room, with the door locked and your volume down.

Now, another route you could take is informing your roommates of this side of you. This however, is really only an option if you think your roommates would be accepting enough to understand this side of you and if they would be comfortable enough with you wearing around them. I would say in most cases, that unless you've known your roommates for years and have great rapport with them, their chances of being open to this are slim.

Lastly, you said it's common knowledge in your apartment space that you are rather childlike, then perhaps you could try wearing diapers covertly when you are around people. I know that this is a far cry from completely babying out, but it's better than nothing.

So, your best bet might just be to indulge in private if you have your own bedroom. If not, you may need to try being little incognito.

Reactions: HoganBunny
Hello, good to hear you again. My two cents:

I had similar problem so let me explain how I dealt with it. I have just started college and had to move to dormitory. I knew this would be a problem from the very beginnig therefore I tried and managed to 'grab' a room with just one other guy. He is kind of fun and fine but not very accepting (like not at all). There was no way telling him. Luckily for me, our schedule kind of allinged. He must have been at school for like 8 to 10 hours straight and I had a free day, whole room for myself. You get the point. Sometimes he went home for the weekends. He lives kind of close, close enough to go home at weekends but too far to attend school from home. The thing is that the semester has ended and who knows how it will be....

You live with 2 other people which seems impossible to find alone time. sorry to say, I have no idea what would I do if I were you. Seems like I somehow managed to overcome a problem. Maybe do it when they are out somewhere, at school, at work, at the gym, whatever, like I did.

My cents:

Ive had an apartment with an ex co worker for nearly 2 years now and have manged to hide it from her so far. At least to the best of my knowledge she doesn't know. Lol

I do have my own room. First apartment she had the connecting bathroom. This apartment i do. It also helps that we work opposite shifts. But i keep it mainly in my room. If i know she is at work ill come out in just a diaper but if she is home i always throw on some loose fitting pants first. I also always stay in my room for a hour os so if i made #2 recently and light a incense to cover up any possible lingering odors after changing . I do lock my door and if im watching any kids shows i use headphone if she is home.

I'm of the opinion they are better off knowing IF you are close to them. Half is physically (which you obviously are), and the other half is emotionally.

So, are you close to them? Do you ever hang out together, or share secrets even?

The r time you spend around them, the more likely they will find or figure out your diapers anyways. It's very likely to happen sooner or later, so save them the awkwayrdness later on and tell them.

This goes double if you're emotionally close to them too. Again, them finding out on their own will allow them to come to their own misconclusions about your need for them. It will threaten to break that bonding you have with them when they realize you've been lying to them about who you are this whole time.

Save youself (and them) from the trouble of later on, and help them realize you're ready to trust them with this part of who you are.

Yea Sheepies!!!! I'm glad you're back. When I first came out to my wife, even though she was very accepting of my wearing diapers, I too was hesitant to do it. The first night I wore a diaper to bed I was very nervous, but over time and repetition, it got easier and easier. It's funny because we were both hesitant to call them "diapers" but that also got easier with repetition. I was the first to say I was wearing a diaper and called it by that and that got the ball rolling. It just takes time. Go slowly so that you will both be comfortable with it.

They don't know, I don't think they'd particularly mind but I don't wanna just force it on them without them asking X)

If they find out, they find out.

They want to go camping in a few months to which I plan on bringing a couple with me. Pretty darn convenient to be wearing in that situation.

Thought I'd try CVS fitted briefs and they're not bad at all for short term wear. Been wearing a few while everyone is at work

Update. Did a sort of testing the waters to say with coming out and decided not to =w=

Kinks naturally came up in conversation and without being prompted one of them mentioned "We don't kink shame. Except for those people who like to be babies and being taken care of. It's too close to pedophilia. I don't like it. Someone from here was going around on Craigslist asking for people to change him. That's not right." And another said "It's weird."

I just said "Oh! I have a friend who likes that. I find the lifestyle fascinating. But that's going way too far to force someone into your kink. From what I've heard, they're usually not like that at all. That guy was just too extreme."

Soooo.... No go on coming out of the ABDL closet per say. Ah well.

Sheepies said:
Update. Did a sort of testing the waters to say with coming out and decided not to =w=

Kinks naturally came up in conversation and without being prompted one of them mentioned "We don't kink shame. Except for those people who like to be babies and being taken care of. It's too close to pedophilia. I don't like it. Someone from here was going around on Craigslist asking for people to change him. That's not right." And another said "It's weird."

I just said "Oh! I have a friend who likes that. I find the lifestyle fascinating. But that's going way too far to force someone into your kink. From what I've heard, they're usually not like that at all. That guy was just too extreme."

I'm sorry you had to have such an awkward and negative conversation with your roommates. I'm surprised that they still subscribe to that stupid misconception. As far as I'm concerned there is nothing wrong with wanting to forget about your adult troubles and wanting to feel cared for. I view being an AB at times as a form of therapy, people don't stigmatize therapy much anymore, but they'll still stigmatize this... sigh

Also I can't be the only one who finds it hypocritical of them to say that they don't kink shame and then they immediately proceed to shame, look down upon and denigrate a certain kink based on blatant falsehoods and assumptions. To make matters worse, ABDL to some practitioners isn't strictly sexual, it certainly isn't for me, I'm a predominantly non-sexual AB, I wonder what your roommates would say about that. What their past roommate did was cringy, but one bad apple shouldn't spoil the bunch.

Well, from the sounds of things, coming out might not be advisable. If they declared ABDL as a hard limit of sorts then coming out to them would likely not go over well. Your best bet for indulging this side of yourself while living with these roommates may be to indulge in private, if that's an opportunity that is afforded to you, I don't know if you have your own room or if you live in a shared space type apartment set-up. You could also wear discreetly around them, but knowing how they feel, I'd be worried about being caught.

Best of luck to you.

Poofybutt said:
I'm sorry you had to have such an awkward and negative conversation with your roommates. I'm surprised that they still subscribe to that stupid misconception. As far as I'm concerned there is nothing wrong with wanting to forget about your adult troubles and wanting to feel cared for. I view being an AB at times as a form of therapy, people don't stigmatize therapy much anymore, but they'll still stigmatize this... sigh

Also I can't be the only one who finds it hypocritical of them to say that they don't kink shame and then they immediately proceed to shame, look down upon and denigrate a certain kink based on blatant falsehoods and assumptions. To make matters worse, ABDL to some practitioners isn't strictly sexual, it certainly isn't for me, I'm a predominantly non-sexual AB, I wonder what your roommates would say about that. What their past roommate did was cringy, but one bad apple shouldn't spoil the bunch.

Well, from the sounds of things, coming out might not be advisable. If they declared ABDL as a hard limit of sorts then coming out to them would likely not go over well. Your best bet for indulging this side of yourself while living with these roommates may be to indulge in private, if that's an opportunity that is afforded to you, I don't know if you have your own room or if you live in a shared space type apartment set-up. You could also wear discreetly around them, but knowing how they feel, I'd be worried about being caught.

Best of luck to you.
Very unfortunate indeed. By the way it wasn't an ex roommate, just someone in our town who was posting on Craigslist and being weird and far too pushy insisting people took care of him and changed his diapers. Ended up being reported several times.

I would love to break their misconceptions but that would be extremely blatantly obvious and give myself away.

I'm not sure what would come about if they found out, I don't think they'd kick me out, or if they just wouldn't care considering they already know I'm not a slacker or someone who pushes kinks on unwilling people like Craigslist guy over there. But I'm still gonna keep it on the down low regardless.

Really hate that extremely negative stereotype though. Makes the lot of us look like freaks in the public's eye when we're just normal people like anyone else.

Sheepies said:
Very unfortunate indeed. By the way it wasn't an ex roommate, just someone in our town who was posting on Craigslist and being weird and far too pushy insisting people took care of him and changed his diapers. Ended up being reported several times.

I would love to break their misconceptions but that would be extremely blatantly obvious and give myself away.

I'm not sure what would come about if they found out, I don't think they'd kick me out, or if they just wouldn't care considering they already know I'm not a slacker or someone who pushes kinks on unwilling people like Craigslist guy over there. But I'm still gonna keep it on the down low regardless.

Really hate that extremely negative stereotype though. Makes the lot of us look like freaks in the public's eye when we're just normal people like anyone else.

Thanks for clarifying. Yeah, if that guy was reported on craigslist he was likely harassing responders or spamming ads too. Yeah, his actions reek of bad etiquette.

Oddly enough, I met my Mommy through a craigslist ad not too long ago. I just put myself out there and tried to explain this side of myself as eloquently as possible, Mommy thought it was a very respectful and engaging ad, but yeah some of the other stuff on there is barely literate and written by people like the craigslist fella from your town, people who clearly just want to get their jollies off.

Breaking people of their misconceptions is a good thing, but I can see your hesitance to do so, it would really reveal yourself to them. I think you handled it well telling them what you did, that was a positive step, your words may have humbled them a bit and softened their biased perspective.

From my experience, most people don't adhere to the hurtful stereotypes and the people who do usually arrive at them out of sensationalism and ignorance, it's best to ignore it and keep on being you :)

I think keeping this on the down-low while you're living with them is the best course of action in this situation.

Sheepies said:

Too bad. That would have actually been the perfect time to come out and dispell that old pedophilia myth, AND set them strait that abdl is not even a kink at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back