Embarrasment by Parents Growing Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suffered from chronic bowel issues. To the point I was hospitalized at one point. While hospitalized I was put in diapers. Given fleet enema every two hours and then expected to have a bowel movement. Diaper was there in case I didn’t make it to the bathroom. After being released diapers were sent home and my parents would diaper me after enemas. I had accidents all the time and I would be scolded when it happened. I often wonder if my bowel issues back then are causing my bladder incontinence today? Every once in awhile I’ll have a uncontrollable bowel movement. No big deal now as I’m in diapers 24/7.

One embarrassing thing for me, was when my younger brother were in bunk beds, and I was made to be "on top", despite my mild spastic diplegic cerebral palsy,with wetting my bed multiple times per week, my little brother ratted on me every morning I woke up in a wet "top bed".
He has long since apologized for ratting out my chronic childhood bedwetting now that we are older adults, and I have been back in diapers for the past 31 years.

caitianx said:
One embarrassing thing for me, was when my younger brother were in bunk beds, and I was made to be "on top", despite my mild spastic diplegic cerebral palsy,with wetting my bed multiple times per week, my little brother ratted on me every morning I woke up in a wet "top bed".
He has long since apologized for ratting out my chronic childhood bedwetting now that we are older adults, and I have been back in diapers for the past 31 years.
My sister always told my Mother straight away if she found i had wet the bed.

at least my cousin bobby and me were two pees (pun intended) in a pod. we both wet, and it was more than likely the bed was wet because of both of us. ther was no 'telling' to be done.

Getting my diapers changed in front of my friends was my embarrassment. Up to age 12.

yikes, skaterboy, that would really be the most absolutely embarrassing thing i could think of!!! why would they do that? that is downright cruel.

my mum never moan about me wetting my bed I can rember she talked about it to my friends mum that they had same .I can rember wetting the bed up to about 14 then seem grown out of it .I can remember we talked about to my friends at 13 ish about wet dreams at time thinking that mean wet beds at first not realise they meant something else .I left home at 16 as my work had accommodation and it bought up asking other staff if I had been good and said I have not wet my bed .

musicfan9389 said:
Hello,

This is for those who grew up with incontinence issues. I was wondering if anyone else got embarrassed by the way their parents handled their accidents. I told my story on here before, but when I started wetting the bed 10 years ago when I was 14, I remember coming home and seeing a pack of soccer player GoodNites on the counter. Then everytime I needed more GoodNites, they would have me go shopping with them. It seemed like they would take forever getting my bedwetting supplies in the baby aisle and that they made a big deal about it. I was glad to have the GoodNites, since they kept my sheets dry. (It's a lot easier to deal with changing pull-ups than it is to wash sheets).

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else had parents that would do stuff either intentionally or unintentionally to embarrass them about their incontinence.
Yes. And I'm pretty proud I use now. Diapers.

Sent from my UL40 using Tapatalk

I remember when I was 13. My mom would put diapers on me in front of my siblings. That was very much embarrassing to me. I was always made fun of by my siblings since then.

I was embarrassed, but not because of any deliberate attempts to humiliate me, almost the opposite.

When I was 15 I went to live with an aunt after my mother died because my dad worked on an oil rig in the North Sea, and it was 'two weeks on, two weeks off'. I had been a mild bed wetter when I was younger and I'd say my parents were so-so about it. When It got worse at fifteen it was put down to my mum dying, and my aunt was incredibly tolerant as was my dad when I stayed with him. And that was the problem. They were so nice it made me feel more like a kid than ever. My aunt was a widow and had no children of her own and seemed to relish looking after me. Her friends knew of my wetting and she would discuss it with them, and they were all incredibly 'understanding' about it too, so much so that they all loved discussing my progress (or lack of it) with my aunt, who would tell them and my father if I had 'only' wet twice that week (I was sixteen by then). Worse, she used to like going to stay with a friend who had a seaside guest house and I had to stand there while she told them that I still needed a plastic sheet on my bed, though it might not be necessary as I'd brought along some nappies and plastic pants. As I liked to see myself as a tough guy (as sixteen and seventeen year olds often do) I found this excruciating.

I stayed with my aunt through college and beyond, and the wetting was slow to clear up, in fact it never did completely. She and her friends came to see it as perfectly normal. I was a wetter and everyone knew it, but they were all so kind. 'Does he still need a plastic sheet on his bed' the lady at the guest house said when we went again the following year. The guest house lady had a son of my age and we went round together, and he told his friends I wet the bed and they were all very nice about it too. By then I realized that everyone seemed to be loving every moment of it!

I have suffered from incontinence my whole life, I never really had much trouble being embarassed by parents but my brother was terrible. He's 2 years older than me and I remember that he used to laugh at me all the time as I was humiliated by wetting myself. A particular incident that I can remember was when we were on a long car journey whilst on holiday in France as a family and I was about 12. I've never liked travelling as it means I'm not close to a toilet if I wet myself. I don't get any warning of when I need to go it just sort of happens and I can't do anything about it. The only way I have of preventing accidents is to go to the toilet regularly and to try to go. Anyway...I'd had quite a lot to drink and I hadn't been able to do a wee even though we'd stopped twice and inevitably I wet myself in the car. We didn't have any music on so it was quiet, I was just sat still and then I just felt a warm surge and (everyone) started to hear the loud hissing noise as my nappy filled up with wee. It .My brother wasted no time in letting my parents know shouting out 'Jack needs a nappy change' and laughing before I had even finished wetting. I had to wait about half an hour in a soaking wet nappy while my brother complained loudly about the smell (which was terrible) and laughed at me until we were finally able to stop at a services, I was in tears as I just felt so humiliated even though I was used to having accidents (and still do need to wear nappies) this just felt so bad even though at the time I had to deal with wearing nappies to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back