What diapers did everyone wear when they were growing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicfan9389

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I hope I'm not posting something that's been posted too many times. I know not everyone is incontinent in the ABDL community, but I've wet the bed for 10 years since I was 14. I was wondering what diapers everyone wore growing up, either for fun or for incontinence.

When I started wetting the bed my parents got me GoodNites that had soccer players at the time. Then they went through a few designs like when they started to add the underwear colored waistband and when I quit wearing them they had just switched to the colored sides. I quit wearing those when they leaked, although I never outgrew them since I'm small. I then started college so I could buy my own diapers. I switched to Depend pull-ups and dealt with tons of leaks over the past 5 years. Now since last month, I've been trying the Abena S4's, ConfiDry 24/7, and North Shore Supreme diapers that people in the Incontinence and ABDL groups both recommended. They have worked so much better and I'm starting to like the more padded feel to them.

Anyways, what did everyone wear growing up for either incontinence or play?

I used to wear Mamy Poko, a Japanese brand. Not sure why, but my mother chose that for me, which means it's good :D We don't have training pants or some kind in my home country, so I ended up wearing the XXL size for bedwetting.

darkjo said:
I used to wear Mamy Poko, a Japanese brand. Not sure why, but my mother chose that for me, which means it's good :D We don't have training pants or some kind in my home country, so I ended up wearing the XXL size for bedwetting.
How long did you wet the bed for?

musicfan9389 said:
How long did you wet the bed for?

Until I was around 10 (I think).

darkjo said:
Until I was around 10 (I think).
Yeah I still wet, that's why I'm becoming an ABDL since it's helping me enjoy diapers more instead of being embarrassed by my bedwetting.

When I was 12 my foster parents starting buying me Tena Slip Supers. I remember looking through the catalogue (this was around 1998 before everybody had the internet) and we both picked them out. I was so excited when she rang them and couldn't wait until they got delivered, I wore Tena's until I was 17.

I wore cloth diapers with plastic pants as a kid and adult until reliable disposable diapers became available about 25 years ago.

Inconinmiss said:
I wore cloth diapers with plastic pants as a kid and adult until reliable disposable diapers became available about 25 years ago.

Much the same here. Did use Depends in my early 30's, those were not good. Current crop of premium disposables have gotten me off cloth almost completely.

Cloth diapers and Rubber pants. they did not have any pampers or pull-ups In the 50s.

I'm another cloth diapers and plastic pants. I can remember as a little kid, seeing all the cloth diapers hanging on my neighbors' clotheslines. I always wanted to be back in diapers...sigh.

I didn't have any sort of incontinence growing up and didn't get actual diapers after age 3 until I was out of grad school, so none, I guess. As a baby, I wore cloth diapers and plastic pants, my parents had a diaper service and only used plastic diapers in rare cases like if we had to take a long trip.

I grew up in the early sixties. I was in plain, flat, cloth diapers and milky white (Sears best) plastic pants.

I grew up wearing GoodNites in 2002 when it was plain white at the time, then I wore the first ever design in 2004 which has the BMX bicycles on it, then I wore the soccer players design in early 2008, then I wore the second version of the BMX bicycles in the summer of 2009.

As a baby I wore cloth and plastic pants

For me it was cloth diapers and plastic pants. Disposable was not available 45 years ago

musicfan9389 said:
Yeah I still wet, that's why I'm becoming an ABDL since it's helping me enjoy diapers more instead of being embarrassed by my bedwetting.

That is an interesting take... Generally speaking I've never heard of anyone actively pursuing ABDL to accept incontinence or bedwetting. Of course they can coincide, but I've always been under the impression that one either is an ABDL or they're not. Seems like a very particular niche to experiment with, but if it makes you happy then go for it. I'm glad you're able to find acceptance.

Since I've never been a bedwetter I can only answer from my infancy and toddlerhood, and my mom was a die hard Huggies fan. Claimed that they were the only diaper that worked with us active boys. But as I explored my own DL tendencies I went through (in order) Huggies Pull-ups, Goodnites, Depends (worst diaper ever), CVS brand briefs, Original Abena M3 (favorite plastic backed to date), Molicaire Super Plus, and the list goes on and on and on...

Cloth diapers and training underwear beneath my plastic underpants when I was a kid / teenager. Now PUL plastic underpants and my adult training underwear. Occasionally a premium disposable beneath my PULs but only for a change of pace and thorough soakings.

Huggies Baby Steps Diapers. Sad no pullups around those times, during the early 80's.

Terry nappies and plastic pants until I was 5 during the day and about 8 or 9 at night. Then NHS supplied disposables at night from being about 15 until I finally became reliably dry at night in my 20's.

I used to wear Goodnites Pull-ups I always liked the ones with BMX bikes and Skateboards on them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back